atlanta announcers

skyline

ive got to say listening to these guys call the cincy/atlanta game tonight has been a breath of fresh air after listening to the cubs announcers last week. tonight im hearing phrases suchas "acevedo has just pitched an incredible game tonight", whereas the cubs announcers would have said "acevedo's not doing much, but its just one of those nights for our cubbies". the atlanta folks were talking about how casey has been criticized for not becoming more of a power hitter, but what right do people have to criticize a carreer .300 hitter?

anyway, it was just nice to hear a good set of announcers. the cubs people make me furious each time i hear them.

Well that is cause the Braves announcers know that they have to appeal to both Braves fans, and the other teams fans, the people at WGN just don't care cause they may be a "national" tv station, but they aren't really, but TBS is.

I think the reason of it is that the Cubbies announcers are starting to realizing that the NL Central is going to be the most competitive in the league! As it stands now I wouldn't be surprised to see ANY team make a run for the top!! :blink: I think this year will be an outstanding year for sports in Cincy!!

Is anyone else starting to feel it too? B)

Trust me, the Reds announcers are very boring. I like both of them as people, they seem very nice.. but man, they drive me up a wall with advertisements, stories about other players on other teams, and there friends. I want them to call the game and if nothing is going on, give us a nice detailed recap.. ARGH!

The Cubbies team is ok, but they are too rah rah with their team. They act as cheerleaders for the Cubs, which is fine, but it gets a little overbearing.

The Atlanta guys are good, they talk about baseball in all aspects.

My favorite duo, and has been for years, is Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

Guys, dont miss out here.  Listen to Marty and Joe on WLW if you can!  The TV announcers suck! Even Welsh and Grande drive me batty!

Very much agree. Play the X-Box, some Tiger Woods golf or whatever, and listen to the best duo in baseball broadcasting for the final season.

Or do what I do and watch the game on the tube and turn down the sound to hear WLW....

Guys, dont miss out here.  Listen to Marty and Joe on WLW if you can!  The TV announcers suck! Even Welsh and Grande drive me batty!

Very much agree. Play the X-Box, some Tiger Woods golf or whatever, and listen to the best duo in baseball broadcasting for the final season.

Or do what I do and watch the game on the tube and turn down the sound to hear WLW....

i hate you all. not living near cincy, i get to see/hear about 10 games per year <_<

i hate you all. not living near cincy, i get to see/hear about 10 games per year <_<

Does your cable service provide MLB extra innings or something to that nature (getting MLB games outside your market). I know it costs a few extra bucks, but I wonder if that would be a viable option.

Does your cable service provide MLB extra innings or something to that nature (getting MLB games outside your market). I know it costs a few extra bucks, but I wonder if that would be a viable option.

nada. only available with digital cable or satellite tv, i believe. if i were going to spend extra money, though, id rather pay for the bengals games ;)

nada. only available with digital cable or satellite tv, i believe. if i were going to spend extra money, though, id rather pay for the bengals games ;)

Agreed. I've been battling with myself to get DirectTV or not. It's a little expensive for what I have going on right now, and since I live in the area, I see all of the games telecasted. Now if they don't sell out at home, then I wouldn't see it anyway with or without DirectTV because, from what they told me, it's blacked out anyway because I live inside the market. Damn capitolism!

I don't care what the Cubs announcers say at least I get a chance to see the Reds...It's either listen to the announcers or take my other only option of watching the Devil Rays....I'll take the announcers.

Wow, choices considered, I would definately agree with you. :lol:

P.S. Sorry about baseball in Tampa, not a good mix... but you do have the manager I absolutely love.

Trust me, the Reds announcers are very boring. I like both of them as people, they seem very nice.. but man, they drive me up a wall with advertisements, stories about other players on other teams, and there friends. I want them to call the game and if nothing is going on, give us a nice detailed recap.. ARGH!

The Cubbies team is ok, but they are too rah rah with their team. They act as cheerleaders for the Cubs, which is fine, but it gets a little overbearing.

The Atlanta guys are good, they talk about baseball in all aspects.

My favorite duo, and has been for years, is Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

I'm totally in agreement with Josh here. I HATE idle chit-chat by the announcers during a game. (The Arizona Diamondbacks announcer, Marty Brennaman's son who I must endure out here in Arizona, is notorius for such blather!)

I could give a s**t on who you had dinner with, or where last night. Focus on the game, if not the one you're broadcasting, then update me on action in other games around the league. Don't bore me with who's butt you were kissin' last night...give me BASEBALL!! :angry:

the dodger announcers are the worst...so boring. Ya the cub announcers are procubs but its great when they lose they have nothing good to say...its like they are stumped. The only time i get to see the reds play is if they play on espn...very unlikely or if they play the cubs, dodgers or braves.

And here, I was getting really sick of the TBS guys. I live in Georgia now, and end up watching a lot of Braves games. EVERY controversial call must be some slight against the Braves, and the announcers have certainly made up their minds that certain players already are sunk or not--the love-hate relationship flares with Drew and Furcal here.