DT Michael Myers visit PBS/signs with the Bengals

Per Hobson, the team has nixe the Scott visit - maybe Myers will be in stripes by the weekend.

If the Bengals do sign Myers I'll expect a flurry of fresh whining from the very same fans who previously whined when no outside FA's were signed.

"Round up the usual suspects." --- Some French guy.

Why would anyone whine about the Bengals' Annual Over-The-Hill DT Signing? Why, I remember all the praise you heaped on them for signing Fat Sam, why should this year be any different? :lmao:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm indifferent either way. I don't think the Bengals need to sign Myers or Scott, but if either one comes cheap, go for it.

No suprise there

SIGN ADALIUS! SIGN CLEMENTS! TRADE JUSTIN! CUT THORNTON!

Long term ramifications be damned!

Raaaarrrggghhhh!!!

I guess I'm indifferent either way. I don't think the Bengals need to sign Myers or Scott, but if either one comes cheap, go for it.

No suprise there

SIGN ADALIUS! SIGN CLEMENTS! TRADE JUSTIN! CUT THORNTON!

Long term ramifications be damned!

Raaaarrrggghhhh!!!

2003- We are building for long term

2004-We are still building for long term

2005- We are still building for long term

2006-Continuing to build for long term

2007-Long term?

1 winning season in 4 years. The long term sure is working!@!!!!!!!

You mean the excuses

Why would you ignore valid excuses? How easily people forget the team Marvin inherited. Do you guys really think the Bengals should be consistent winners four years after having the number one overall freaking pick?

Your standards are in the stratosphere. Mine are just fine.

Hey maybe Chad will make another pro bowl! Woo hoo!

Hooray for irrelevant sarcasm! :rolleyes:

Per Hobson, the team has nixe the Scott visit - maybe Myers will be in stripes by the weekend.

If the Bengals do sign Myers I'll expect a flurry of fresh whining from the very same fans who previously whined when no outside FA's were signed.

"Round up the usual suspects." --- Some French guy.

Why would anyone whine about the Bengals' Annual Over-The-Hill DT Signing? Why, I remember all the praise you heaped on them for signing Fat Sam, why should this year be any different? :lmao:

Let's be fair. I've never like the Sam Adams signing and wasn't shy about saying so, but then again I'm not one of those fans who constantly complains and demands that the Bengals sign mercenary players cast off from other teams. Frankly, I would have been happier watching the Bengals show interest in Adams before determining his price was too much....an end result that we both know would have prompted you to whine that the Bengals couldn't seal the deal, good or bad.

As for Myers being over the hill, I guess it all depends on what a team expects him to do. If you intend for him to fill a starting role then he's probably not anyones first choice. But if you're looking for a veteran wave player then I'm betting you could do alot worse.

You mean the excuses

Why would you ignore valid excuses? How easily people forget the team Marvin inherited. Do you guys really think the Bengals should be consistent winners four years after having the number one overall freaking pick?

Your standards are in the stratosphere. Mine are just fine.

Hey maybe Chad will make another pro bowl! Woo hoo!

Hooray for irrelevant sarcasm! :rolleyes:

My sarcasm referred to such fans who get excited over such things in place of winning.

To avoid going into this again (I refuse to respond again in this thread on this jacker subject) - this is not the 1970's or 80's - teams can be turned around, literally, in one season.

4 years is plenty of time - time to win now. I just don't want to hear the injury and the Hobsonian "woe is us we're the Bengals" excuses after 2007! My patience ran out 10 years ago!

BTW 700 WLW reporting the Bengals' are "close" to signing Myers at a $720k salary.

That's certainly cheap then. I don't object.

For the record I don't either - Myers I consider an upgrade actually (some may disagree).

BTW 700 WLW reporting the Bengals' are "close" to signing Myers at a $720k salary.

That's certainly cheap then. I don't object.

What were you expecting? A one year $65 million deal? Hartwell will get the same salary

I never offered an expectation, because I didn't care. I said I wouldn't object if the money is reasonable, and that's how it turned out.

Neato, cool beans, happy day, et cetera.

This from Hobson:

Myers looks to be taking the place of Shaun Smith in a tackle rotation headed by starters John Thornton and Sam Adams and emerging second-year man Domata Peko.

If he's actually the replacement for Smith, I don't think that's quite accurate. It ought to read:

Myers looks to be taking the place of Shaun Smith as the defensive tackle who is deactivated each week so Jonathan Fanene can play.