11 days remain

bengal4life

Add in the recent visits by S Colin Branch, DT Mike Myers and QB Tim Rattay and the plot thickens if the Bengals sign any of them before the draft.

I doubt Rattay has much impact either way; the Bengals will probably grab a late-round or undrafted developmental prospect who'll end up on the PS. Rattay or no, with so few picks it's tough to see them spending anything earlier than a 6th on a backup QB.

The Branch and Myers visits suggest, at least to me, that the bengals are more optomistic about their chances for a corner or linebacker they like on day 1 than a safety or DT. But that's they way it's been looking even from the outside for a while now.

Add in the recent visits by S Colin Branch, DT Mike Myers and QB Tim Rattay and the plot thickens if the Bengals sign any of them before the draft.

I doubt Rattay has much impact either way; the Bengals will probably grab a late-round or undrafted developmental prospect who'll end up on the PS. Rattay or no, with so few picks it's tough to see them spending anything earlier than a 6th on a backup QB.

The Branch and Myers visits suggest, at least to me, that the bengals are more optomistic about their chances for a corner or linebacker they like on day 1 than a safety or DT. But that's they way it's been looking even from the outside for a while now.

Definitely a QB in the 7th with two picks....You would think anyway....

Definitely a QB in the 7th with two picks....You would think anyway....

I saw that Shane Matthews was available also. Wasn't he the third stringer in 2003? At least he knows the system.

They did show interest in Matt Moore at his Pro Day but I got him going before the Bengals pick in the 7th and them taking RB Justise Hairston with their 1st 7th rounder and the smashmouth Hawaiin bada$$ DE Mel Purcell with the 2nd 7th.

More likely IMO, they sign a vet as backup QB to pair with Doug Johnson and add a rook free agent for camp the way they did with Erik Meyer. I doubt they do a Casey Bramlet again.