Chris Henry meet your replacement...

No I'm not the Bengal's GM, in fact nobody is as they don't have one. I've got my wits about me, no I don't smoke anything. No I wasn't proposing they go WR. But I can see how they could sell it to themselves. After all they picked C Perry, a pass catching RB as a nbr 1 when everyone thought they'd do D.

As another reason for WR on day 1. Who do they have to catch their 120 million dollar man's passes?

Without Henry, a potential pro-bowler, Chad will be double teamed. TJ, who turns 30 this season, could be too with a safety and lb. Then who is Palmer supposed to pass too? Kenny is possible but he's a third down back, what happens on 1st and second down? Kelly is possible, but he wasn't signed to catch passes. Its the nbr 3 WR who will bust open the above defense....like C Henry used to do and C Perry was supposed to do. So the Bengals are now hoping Bennie Brazell(after serious injury), Tab Perry(after serious injury), Antonio Chapman(after serious injury), McNeal(pothead?) are going to replace C. Henry?

I don't envy the Bengals coach and owner, they are hurting seriously from prior drafts leaving gaping holes in their roster and this year, they don't have enough picks to fill them. Add WR to big holes at DT, CB, RB, DE, TE, LB and each pick could use some first day juice.

Carson said it right, when he said Henry is "irreplaceable". So given that this is Carson's team and Henry may never play again for the Bengals, I think Marvin and company will definitely look at WR on day one.

Henry, who I think was improving, has an awful lot of conditions to meet over a long period of time before he can begin to work out. Even a saint could be tripped up by these conditions and Henry isn't one of them. Best case, he's back on the field in late November. Its always DO or Die in the NFL, staffed with riverboat gamblers.

Do they gamble that Sam Adams and JT can last one more year?

Do they gamble that they have enough depth at LB?

Do they gamble that Deltha has one more year left like 2005?

Do they gamble that Joesph will only be suspended for the first game?

If Yes to all, then they could go for best athlete available between WR&DB in either Rnd 1 or 2.

Just my opinion, most likely I'm wrong.

You are smoking something truly thank God you are not the GM , we only have two day one picks and we are not going to waste one of those picks on a third receiver when we have holes galore on defense. They are not even going to think about a receiver on day one unless Calvin Johnson falls to pick 18 (Yeah Right). Right now it looks like they are going to gamble on everything you asked except the LB depth. Henry will be fine, after that suspension is over I don't expect to see him in a game until about week 10 you know Marvin is going to make him prove to him that's he's hungry.

:P MWilliams making you forget about CHenry no disrespect, but that is funny...I don't know if I would keep CJohnson over CHenry, the guy does everything CJohnson does and he is younger,bigger and more athletic...If only his head was on straight...

:P MWilliams making you forget about CHenry no disrespect, but that is funny...I don't know if I would keep CJohnson over CHenry, the guy does everything CJohnson does and he is younger,bigger and more athletic...If only his head was on straight...

You just said it.."if only"...I don't think that can ever happen

I'd take a #2 RB over a WR (why they are interested in Wynn).

I just think the O is too one dimensional, in that it lacks a more consistent underneath passing game, and Rudi obviously has his limitations outside of the tackles.

It's why I remember us complaining about the offense in some big games last year when they couldn't get 1st downs more often and keep the defense off the field and control the clock better.

The Pollack/Thurman/Perry picks killed them last year, and hurt this year.

Pollack would be lucky to contribute until mid-November, and the other 2 may never be the same again.

Then there's the tragedy of Tory and Deltha's fast demise...unless Deltha gets his head on straight again for a year.

In fact it would be huge if Perry, Odell and Deltha all came back into form next season obviously - just hate not knowing. Those 3 are probably the difference between a good and great team at this point, even after the draft.

In fact it would be huge if Perry, Odell and Deltha all came back into form next season obviously - just hate not knowing. Those 3 are probably the difference between a good and great team at this point, even after the draft.

Chris Perry hasn't been uninjured long enough to get in any form to get back to! <_<

Put the weed down it kills your brain cells, Mike Williams is garbage. Mike Williams is one doughnut from being a tight end.
That's the problem with Mike Williams in the first place. He should have been made a tight end. At 230 pounds with a below par 4.6 - 4.8 speed, he was carrying too much weight to think he could have been a wide receiver. I remember telling you guys years ago that it would have been better to put 20 lbs. on him, and make him a receiving tight end. He might not have the speed to run away from most db's but he would have been a killer over the middle, short routes, and as a redzone threat with his height and leaping ability. He's got good hands, he's just out of position in the NFL. Somebody convince him to pick up the donuts and move him to Tight End. Make a Shannon Sharpe out of him, not a Torry Holt ! :sure:

Now that's the truth about Mike Williams.

But from what I understand ...

Up to now he has resisted any attempt to move him to tight end.

Of course that could change if he does in fact find his ass cut on June 1st or whatever.

I say we trade all six picks to Oakland for their first and take Calvin Johnson... :lol:

Now, now. That's silly talk. The most logical suggestion would be to put a wide receiver at tight end because he has hands. Now, THAT makes sense.

^_^

cartman.jpg

I didn't say put at the TE position, use him in the slot like a 3rd wr and have him run routes that a TE would run; slants, hooks and fade routes...

That makes sense. But isn't that sorta like T.J.'s routes? Other than his typical 15-20 yard fade routes, doesn't T.J. do a lot of 5-10 yard zig zag routes? Not like a TE I suppose, but they would be the more common TE like receptions. Just food for thought...

I guess it would be similar to what TJ does, but then you could ask TJ to change his game up, be more of a long ball threat by using his physical nature to out-position defenders, which he is pretty good at already. I like Williams height, hands, and leaping ability; when he was at USC he was one of the best wr's in the country, it's not like the guy forgot how to play football so why everybody is acting like this guy is a total scrub is beyond me. I know he hasn't done anything since he's been in the NFL, but there are reasons for that, mainly injuries and being in the coach's doghouse due to weight issues.

I see were someone mentioned turning him into a Shannon Sharpe type of player, I think that's a good idea as well. When Sharpe first came into the league Denver didn't know were to play him because he was too slow to be a wr and too small to be a TE. They finally settled at TE and he became one of if not the best TE's ever to play. I know Williams wouldn't be able to replicate what Henry does, no can do that because their's only 1 Henry, but he could add value by causing match up problems and making teams play TJ and CJ 1 on 1.