Chris Henry meet your replacement...

With Henry's 8 game suspension virtually making him a non-factor for most of the season we will need for either someone to step up or bring in another playmaker. Looking over our roster I like the guys we have, Tab Perry is a beast who is only getting better the more he plays. The jury is still out on guys like Chatman, Brazell, Holt, & McNeal. Imo our wr corp is now like a so-so hand in spades, 2 and couple of possibles.

Mike Williams time in Detriot has been a waste of time to say the least, he's getting big money for nothing as OC Mike Martz doesn't think that Williams fits into his scheme and unless Williams loses a certain amount of weight he isn't seeing the playing field.

I think that come June 1st Williams could be cut, if so I would love to see him and Carson re-united. Adding Williams would offset the loss of Henry and maybe even make fans forget about Henry. I know Williams is currently under contract for another team, so starting a thread about him is a bit premature at best. But, if he's released we have to take a look at him.

Carson + Mike Williams = Chris Henry who???

With Henry's 8 game suspension virtually making him a non-factor for most of the season we will need for either someone to step up or bring in another playmaker. Looking over our roster I like the guys we have, Tab Perry is a beast who is only getting better the more he plays. The jury is still out on guys like Chatman, Brazell, Holt, & McNeal. Imo our wr corp is now like a so-so hand in spades, 2 and couple of possibles.

Mike Williams time in Detriot has been a waste of time to say the least, he's getting big money for nothing as OC Mike Martz doesn't think that Williams fits into his scheme and unless Williams loses a certain amount of weight he isn't seeing the playing field.

I think that come June 1st Williams could be cut, if so I would love to see him and Carson re-united. Adding Williams would offset the loss of Henry and maybe even make fans forget about Henry. I know Williams is currently under contract for another team, so starting a thread about him is a bit premature at best. But, if he's released we have to take a look at him.

Put the weed down it kills your brain cells, Mike Williams is garbage. Mike Williams is one doughnut from being a tight end.

People understimate how good Henry is.

true. 1 touchdown every 4 1/2 catches is ridiculous. he's arguably one of the top 5 downfield threats in the game.

Put the weed down it kills your brain cells, Mike Williams is garbage. Mike Williams is one doughnut from being a tight end.

Uh oh. You had to go and use the "T" word... ;)

I don't think we'll be able to replace Henry with anyone on the market, so we'll have to work with what we have. Tab isn't really the same type of player, though I expect him to play a lot in 2007. Brazell looks like the most logical replacement, but we've yet to see much of anything from him. I don't expect much from Holt outside special teams, and I'd be surprised to see McNeal make the team.

Whatever, first off weed enhances your brain cells, secondly Mike Williams isn't fat-he's just big boned, thridly he could be used like a TE since we don't have a real receiving threat at that position. We could use him in short yardage and red zone situations, were his leaping ability and big boned(not fat) frame could be used most effectively.

For people just to write off Williams a non-talent isn't fair, he's never gotten on the field to show what he can or can't do. He was injured his rookie year and spent all of last year in Martz's dog house. I'm surprised he's still on the Lions roster as I don't think he will ever be the type of wr Martz wants him to be.

He's young, he has experience with our qb, and he's a talented guy. If the Lions release him, I think we should bring him in, I'm sure Carson would be all for it.

I don't think we'll be able to replace Henry with anyone on the market, so we'll have to work with what we have.

Actually, I think the biggest effect will be in the war room - I predict recieving tight-ends (Olsen, Z.Miller) will be promoted up the Bengal's draft board. If we don't land a receiving TE in rounds 1 - 4, look for a WR that will be able to contribute on special teams in the later rounds. Fortunately, WR is arguably the deepest and most talented position in this year's draft, and there will be wide outs available well into day 2 with both speed and size.

That being said, having Henry miss AT LEAST half a year will hurt. With Stokely out of Indy, Chris Henry is - far and away - the most talented 3rd reciever in the NFL, and would start for all but a handful of teams.

Whatever, first off weed enhances your brain cells, secondly Mike Williams isn't fat-he's just big boned, thridly he could be used like a TE since we don't have a real receiving threat at that position. We could use him in short yardage and red zone situations, were his leaping ability and big boned(not fat) frame could be used most effectively.

For people just to write off Williams a non-talent isn't fair, he's never gotten on the field to show what he can or can't do. He was injured his rookie year and spent all of last year in Martz's dog house. I'm surprised he's still on the Lions roster as I don't think he will ever be the type of wr Martz wants him to be.

He's young, he has experience with our qb, and he's a talented guy. If the Lions release him, I think we should bring him in, I'm sure Carson would be all for it.

Carson supports Henry and I'm sure he's just as upset with the ruling as Henry!

I don't think we'll be able to replace Henry with anyone on the market, so we'll have to work with what we have. Tab isn't really the same type of player, though I expect him to play a lot in 2007. Brazell looks like the most logical replacement, but we've yet to see much of anything from him. I don't expect much from Holt outside special teams, and I'd be surprised to see McNeal make the team.

Exactly, God only makes so many 6'5 guys who can run like the wind and catch a football going god knows how fast while he's got people trying to knock him into a unconsucious state. Losing Henry is going to force the coaching staff to change what they do, which is why it's good that Goodell announced it early enough so that changes can made and prepared for. Tab Perry is more of a underneath, across the middle type of receiver, he doesn't have the speed to consistantly get behind defenders for the long ball, I don't know if Brazell can replace Henry as he's more of an athlete than a football player,imo.

I say we trade all six picks to Oakland for their first and take Calvin Johnson... :lol:

If the Bengals had a healthy Pollack, Odell wasn't in the state he is in now, and Deltha wanted to even play football, I would honestly be for it.

:o

But they aren't, so I am not. :lmao:

I say we trade all six picks to Oakland for their first and take Calvin Johnson... :lol:

Now, now. That's silly talk. The most logical suggestion would be to put a wide receiver at tight end because he has hands. Now, THAT makes sense.

^_^

cartman.jpg

I didn't say put at the TE position, use him in the slot like a 3rd wr and have him run routes that a TE would run; slants, hooks and fade routes...

Now, now. That's silly talk. The most logical suggestion would be to put a wide receiver at tight end because he has hands. Now, THAT makes sense.

^_^

cartman.jpg

I didn't say put at the TE position, use him in the slot like a 3rd wr and have him run routes that a TE would run; slants, hooks and fade routes...

That makes sense. But isn't that sorta like T.J.'s routes? Other than his typical 15-20 yard fade routes, doesn't T.J. do a lot of 5-10 yard zig zag routes? Not like a TE I suppose, but they would be the more common TE like receptions. Just food for thought...

Carson said it right, when he said Henry is "irreplaceable". So given that this is Carson's team and Henry may never play again for the Bengals, I think Marvin and company will definitely look at WR on day one.

Henry, who I think was improving, has an awful lot of conditions to meet over a long period of time before he can begin to work out. Even a saint could be tripped up by these conditions and Henry isn't one of them. Best case, he's back on the field in late November. Its always DO or Die in the NFL, staffed with riverboat gamblers.

Do they gamble that Sam Adams and JT can last one more year?

Do they gamble that they have enough depth at LB?

Do they gamble that Deltha has one more year left like 2005?

Do they gamble that Joesph will only be suspended for the first game?

If Yes to all, then they could go for best athlete available between WR&DB in either Rnd 1 or 2.

Just my opinion, most likely I'm wrong.

Carson said it right, when he said Henry is "irreplaceable". So given that this is Carson's team and Henry may never play again for the Bengals, I think Marvin and company will definitely look at WR on day one.

Henry, who I think was improving, has an awful lot of conditions to meet over a long period of time before he can begin to work out. Even a saint could be tripped up by these conditions and Henry isn't one of them. Best case, he's back on the field in late November. Its always DO or Die in the NFL, staffed with riverboat gamblers.

Do they gamble that Sam Adams and JT can last one more year?

Do they gamble that they have enough depth at LB?

Do they gamble that Deltha has one more year left like 2005?

Do they gamble that Joesph will only be suspended for the first game?

If Yes to all, then they could go for best athlete available between WR&DB in either Rnd 1 or 2.

Just my opinion, most likely I'm wrong.

You are smoking something truly thank God you are not the GM , we only have two day one picks and we are not going to waste one of those picks on a third receiver when we have holes galore on defense. They are not even going to think about a receiver on day one unless Calvin Johnson falls to pick 18 (Yeah Right). Right now it looks like they are going to gamble on everything you asked except the LB depth. Henry will be fine, after that suspension is over I don't expect to see him in a game until about week 10 you know Marvin is going to make him prove to him that's he's hungry.