The Dancing Bear to the Jets?

Angry Boy

Depth will be missed but I would love to get a 2nd...do they get to choose which 2nd we get?

No, if they have more than one 2nd it has to be their own. I'm not exactly sure how it works if they've swapped 2nds - they may not be able to sign the guy to an offer sheet. Or maybe they can if they have a 2nd that's at least as high as their original pick.

But they can't do something where, let's say a team picks 5th in the 2nd - they can't swap their 5th in the 2nd for the 31st pick in the 2nd and a 4th rounder, then use that lower 2nd to sign a guy to an offer sheet.

I'm a little confused here. Can someone explain the tenders to me? I always thought you got a draft pick for the round the player was drafted in if it was the lowest tender (which would be a 4th round pick), a first round pick for the second highest tender, and a first and a third for the highest tender.

I have to say, I hope this goes down. I've never been a fan of Andrews, and with Williams and Whitworth, I think we're set at guard. We could really use that extra second to help build the defense. It would allow us to go linebacker, d-tackle, defensive back on the first day.

I'm a little confused here. Can someone explain the tenders to me? I always thought you got a draft pick for the round the player was drafted in if it was the lowest tender (which would be a 4th round pick), a first round pick for the second highest tender, and a first and a third for the highest tender.

The mid-level tender draws a second, not a first.

Since the Jets have two seconds I could see them signing Stacy to an offer sheet. OTOH if you want an o-lineman a decent one ought to be there in round 2 (Grubbs? Blalock?).

My guess is that the get-together is more of a "meet-and-greet," the mesage being that they are interested in him if he's a UFA next year. Just another reason for Andrews not to sign a long-term deal here, unless the bengals throw a lot of money at him -- and they've shown they're tapped out on the o-line.

So lets say this happens and either Levi, Bobbie or Whitworth goes down for a month or so. Where's Stacy?

Stacy can play RT, either guard and probably in a pinch LT. That makes him a rare athlete.

He's a guy that will be missed but getting a 2ed rounder does ease the pain but you got to believe the Bengals will use it for another OL.

I'm confused how a lot of people get outraged when we let Steinbach go, but when our very talented/athletic/versatile backup or potential starter at guard starts visiting other teams we're ok letting him go for a 2nd.

A 2nd round pick would be awesome, but what happens when any of our starters goes down across the line?

And why the hell would you let andrews go for a 2nd and then use that 2nd or our other to select another O-lineman who's more inexperienced and less polished? Doesnt make sense.

Keep him.

I'm confused how a lot of people get outraged when we let Steinbach go, but when our very talented/athletic/versatile backup or potential starter at guard starts visiting other teams we're ok letting him go for a 2nd.

A 2nd round pick would be awesome, but what happens when any of our starters goes down across the line?

And why the hell would you let andrews go for a 2nd and then use that 2nd or our other to select another O-lineman who's more inexperienced and less polished? Doesnt make sense.

Keep him.

One reason why is that if the Jets sign him to an offer sheet, it will be for a lot more money that a rookie second rounder would command. Presumably, if the Jets are willing to part with a second rounder, they're looking at Stacy to start somewhere on the line and will pay him commensurately. There's no reason to pay starter money to a back-up, regardless of his value (which is pretty high).

Keep him.

I agree that you keep him if no one offers him a contract. But if we're going to get a 2nd round pick for him... I think the pick is more valuable given our situation. We're talking about depth, when we could be talking about a defensive starter.

Now, they are obviously steps down, but with the posibility of Kieft getting healthy, Kooista on the roster, and Wilkerson being able to play guard in a tight spot, I think a 2nd round defensive starter just has more value to the Bengals right now.

Think... we could have a CB in the 1st, a LB in the 2nd, and a DT or a S in the 2nd as well. That is a lot of help. Andrews certainly has value on this team... and I'll be happy enough if the Jets don't offer him anything - but if they do, I'd certainly take that 2nd round pick to rebuild this defense.

So lets say this happens and either Levi, Bobbie or Whitworth goes down for a month or so. Where's Stacy?

Stacy can play RT, either guard and probably in a pinch LT. That makes him a rare athlete.

He's a guy that will be missed but getting a 2ed rounder does ease the pain but you got to believe the Bengals will use it for another OL.

This would multiply Kooistra's significance. They did lock him up long-term....

I'd take a 2nd for him, but at the same time it would feel like all that work the coaches have put into him the past couple of seasons would then amount to a giant waste of time...

Same here.

I mean, I feel he could only get better.

He's pretty raw in football development.

I mean, Bobbie Williams is no slouch though.

I'd be comfortable playing with Andrews in there should Williams miss significant time.

Keep him.

because at best will only get a 3rd for steinbach + andrews will be gone after this season inless they they sign him long term which hasen't been happening