UFC vs Boxing

agreen_112

Tyson does have bombs but he's also not use to punching someone who's about to shoot him,

Do you know how easy Tyson would end up on the floor? you do know Tyson wouldn't be able to get back up either right? a A+ wrestler / ground fighter would eat Tyson alive.but you are right about if a UFC fighter went over to boxing he'd get his ass kicked.Only because Boxing is 1 dimensional ala just like boxers...vs fighting in the UFC where it's multi dimensional and strikers still can succeed they just need more to their game then boxing.

PS,Boxing isn't even considered the 1# striking style so get off your high horse,a simple style for a simple sport for simple athletic fighters for simple people to watch.

Compaing a ufc fighter athletiac abilty to a boxers is like comparing a football player to a rugby.You don't need to be a pure athletiac freak to make it in UFC (mike tyson) But the UFC has plenty of fighters that are just as athetliac as any boxer.Tito Ortiz,Matt Hughes,GSP,Rashad Evans,Andrei Arvoloski.But it takes more then 3% body fat to make it in the UFC look at Kevin "The Monster" Randleman he's ripped like no other but socks in the UFC because he has 1 game plan.

ufc spoiler

Cro20Cop20gets20a20taste20of20his20.gif

I also used to box, as well as take tang-soo-do and aikido.

I was supposed to have my first fight take place at school "Friday night fights" but my opponent forfeited. Since then, I've kinda slacked off from martial arts altogether.

Anyway....

Boxers are adept at slipping punches and have tremendous footwork, but sadly, I think they would lose to an UFC opponent.

As we all know, once your legs go, you're going soon after.

A UFC fighter who constantly hacks at a boxer's shins is going to do both psychological and physical damage to the boxer.

Over a period of time, the boxer's speed and counter-moves would be less effective, making him succeptible to a shoot.

And boxers aren't accustomed to the chain link fence that surrounds the octagon.

Add a flying knee when the boxer least expects it (like during a slip), and I'd give the advantage to the UFC fighter.

I was supposed to have my first fight take place at school "Friday night fights" but my opponent forfeited. Since then, I've kinda slacked off from martial arts altogether.

Anyway....

Boxers are adept at slipping punches and have tremendous footwork, but sadly, I think they would lose to an UFC opponent.

A UFC fighter who constantly hacks at a boxer's shins is going to do both psychological and physical damage to the boxer.

Over a period of time, the boxer's speed and counter-moves would be less effective, making him succeptible to a shoot.

And boxers aren't accustomed to the chain link fence that surrounds the octagon.

Add a flying knee when the boxer least expects it (like during a slip), and I'd give the advantage to the UFC fighter.

"Friday Night Fights" at Spears Gym? That's where I used to train if so.

Kaz, the first thing your tought in boxing is to keep your hands up. No way in hell would that kick land on the side of a boxers face like that scrub let happen. Who in the heck is that scrub in the video that got kicked? That was pethetic!

Anyway....

Kaz, the first thing your tought in boxing is to keep your hands up. No way in hell would that kick land on the side of a boxers face like that scrub let happen. Who in the heck is that scrub in the video that got kicked? That was pethetic!

Yeah I think so......

Who was the trainer?

Was it Sam?

Anyway....

Yeah I think so......

Who was the trainer?

Was it Sam?

My trainer was always Mr. Spears. A guy nicknamed "shark" also helped with the training.

Nah I just give up,

I bet you could smoke any UFC fighter because you box too :P

Dude, try to be a little rational. Are you serious? No I couldn't beat a UFC fighter... I just really think that a fighter that's been trained to fight with his hands for most of his life would knock out an un-trained fighter stone cold. I'm not talking any boxer, it would have to be one of your top dogs against any UFC fighter.

Looks like this idea is being pushed around a little bit more that I thought... Supposedly the owner of UFC said that he would pay Mayweather 30 million to fight any registered UFC fighter of his choice. If he wins, he gets the 30 million! Sounds like a pretty uneven deal if you ask me, I think win or lose he should get that kind of money considering it would probably be one of the biggest pay-per-view events ever... Pay attention to what the Mayweather vs. De La Hoya fight brings in... I don't like Mayweather, but he would own a UFC fighter of his choice! He's too hard to get in on.