Are the Bengals cleaning House Again ???

Ok, the Food for thought, is, how in two years did we go from having one of the Best secondary's in the NFL 2 years ago ( 2005 -season )

to now we have sent walking papers to

1. Tory James

2. Brian Simmons

3. We are shopping Deltha O'Neal

4. We aren't shopping the ( only show up for the paychecks ) list of defensive lineman like Bryan Robinson,Sam Adams,and John Thornton.

5. O'Dell is a crackhead/weedhead - ( I know I work with his cousin and brother in Law )-

6. David ( Daryl Stingley ) Pollack wants to go back to defensive end ( a position he should have never left ) instead of returning ( BIIIIIG IFFFFF ) to play linebacker.

Well since we now know that the Cincinnati Bengals are shopping Deltha O'Neal, what should our 2007 draft hopes be since the Bengals are cleaning house.

1. Trade Deltha to the Falcons for a 2nd rounder ( preferably # 39 ) and a 5th rounder. Not too steep considering Deltha is a 2-time probowler, can return punts ( i.e. Allen Rossum ) and in 3 years with the Bengals has garnered 15 interceptions.

2. Trade Justin Smith. Why Not ?? Trade him to the Buccaneers or the Redskins. They need Defensive ends like a fat kid needs fritos. We can accept anything from 2 - firsts, which probably turns into a 1st and a 3rd or 2nd, 3rd, and a pick next year. If a team is willing to part with 2 or more picks for Smith this year, then jump on it, because he simply does not have the ability to contribute double digit sacks.

- Like it or Lump it. :sure::sure::sure:

I'd trade Deltha for a second and a fifth in a heartbeat. But I don't think you'll get more than a fifth, period.

As for Justin, I think they (and I) would rather keep him for now since DE is kind of iffy. Pollack? Is Rucker any good? B-rob's about done. Geathers is a great pass-rusher but has yet to show he can hold up as a full-time starter. I'd certainly consider dealing him but it would have to be a real good deal and I don't see that happening.

On offense, no question the best players are locked up in a good way :lol:

Defense, O'Dell and Pollack were big time blows out of the Bengals control and that's where they are hurt the most.

Now the problem is compounded by the uncertainty left with vacated vets like James and B-Simms, the age and quality of the DTs plus the loss of Shaun Smith, the Deltha O'Neal enigma combined with the loss of K2 and still the lingering possibility that Landon Johnson gets an offer sheet. Not to forget, they still don't know exactly what they got in Ahmad Brooks.

Giving front end franchsie money to Jumpy Jr. and a 1 year tag on Justin Smith is some consolation but on the whole the defense looks like it's a dinghy drifting on the ocean heading straight for a hurricane. It's got the makings of some real ugly sh#t.

Trade Justin Smith. Why Not ?? Trade him to the Buccaneers or the Redskins. They need Defensive ends like a fat kid needs fritos. We can accept anything from 2 - firsts, which probably turns into a 1st and a 3rd or 2nd, 3rd, and a pick next year. If a team is willing to part with 2 or more picks for Smith this year, then jump on it, because he simply does not have the ability to contribute double digit sacks.

Uhhhhh, unless they gained compensatory picks Washington doesn't have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round picks this year.

Tampa Bay does have an extra pick, the last slot in the 2nd round, but they have so many gaping holes they'd be smart to keep the pick and draft BPA.