Run Doc out of town!

Jet23

Revenue sharing is just the latest of a long line of excuses Mike Brown uses to distracts idiots like you. I'm telling you that Mike Brown is the worst General Manager in all of sports. Until you can name a general manager that is worse for Cincinnati than your lil bro, I suggest you shut your man pleaser.

Which of the following seems less juvenile to you?

A.) After a decade plus of constant losing, you naturally point your finger at the man in charge. He has made countless poor personnel decisions, and the football team has suffered because of it. Recently, however, he has been much more effective than ever before.

B.) After a decade plus of constant losing, you naturally point your finger at the man in charge. His motives are really nowhere with the football team, and he has devised a shrewd system of deceiving all the fans of his team while stalling revenue sharing discussion for his own eventual profit. His recent success is naught but an abberation.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you can name a general manager that is worse for Cincinnati than your lil bro, I suggest you shut your man pleaser.

Lets not forget that you willingly voted to keep a man you describe as the worst GM in football in Cincinnati, and admitted you'd do it again and again and again. So lets not kid ourselves about whose mouth is firmly wrapped around Mike Brown's withered unit. It's you, tough guy.

Here's a bunch of quotes from Mike Brown and other NFL owners that dumb guys like Jet23 and Steakhouse won't bother reading....let alone try to understand.

:sure:

Not exactly NFL's Lone Eagle

By GEOFF HOBSON

March 30, 2007

5:30 p.m.

The votes would tell you that Bengals president Mike Brown is a lonely man these days whenever the NFL owners meet. When they take a vote, Brown is on an island.

Yet when you take a pulse, he sounds like one of the boys.

“A lot of these guys,” says Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson standing in a hallway while cocking his head to the meeting room, “tell you one thing out here and then do something else in there.”

Isolated reactionary? Or solitary visionary?

“Mike is a smart guy. He knows his stuff. He makes his case,” says Dan Rooney, the president of the stealers. “We know that we’ve got problems that have to be dealt with.”

Brown left Phoenix and the latest owners’ meetings this week the way he always does. On a commercial flight back to Cincinnati hefting his own suitcase. He travels and lives like he votes.

No Frills Air.

But at this point, even the big-market guys who fly the Lear jets seem to be listening. Even if only a little bit.

He’s not exactly the Lone Eagle on the major points.

“We looked over that ledge, and we didn’t like what we saw,” New England owner Bob Kraft told The Buffalo News this week after the vote for revenue sharing. “Ultimately, our job, our responsibility as owners, is doing what is best for the National Football League. This is not the best plan, but it is a plan that is in the best interests of all our teams.”

Brown spoke before the membership this week in advance of the revenue sharing vote in which he and Jacksonville’s Wayne Weaver were the only owners to vote against what amounted to the passage of qualifiers.

After Brown spoke his piece, one owner puzzled him by voting for the plan but also took the time to shake his hand and compliment him on the soundness of his argument.

And it’s not like the other guys don’t talk to him. Brown could be seen chatting with Kraft and pissburgh’s Art Rooney at a dinner reception earlier this week.

“I vote my conscience and I don’t worry about going along to get along,” Brown says. “I’m not mad anybody. I don’t take it personally. I’m just going to vote the way I feel.”

Brown feels the NFL is in financial trouble because of the inequities of a salary cap system that shares all of the player cost equally but the revenue disproportionally. He feels it amounts to “a cap cost push,” that provides the biggest subsidies to the richest teams.

Indeed, he feels the system would be fine if the NFL provided no subsidies. Which is why he was the only owner to vote against a resolution this week that will provide funds to build a stadium in New York for the Giants and Jets. Even though owners like Wilson feel the system will blow up from the large-market, small-market disparity that will arise once a new stadium in the league’s biggest market goes on line in about 2010.

“I don’t want more of Jerry Jones’ money,” Brown says. “In fact, I don’t want money from anybody in the league. None. When you have subsidies, some teams are going to be at an advantage and some will be at a disadvantaged.”

The charismatic and popular Jones holds the banner directly opposite of the one Brown carries. He reminded the media this week that when he bought the Cowboys for $160 million in a depressed sports economy nearly 20 years ago, he put his hide out there with the largest purchase in sports history.

“We have to grow the pie,” Jones says, “because when we stop growing the pie, that’s when we’re really going to start looking for each other’s piece of the pie.”

Jones smiles when asked about Brown.

“We’ve been going at it for 15, 17 years,” Jones says. “That’s the way it will always be I guess.”

Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay is in a small market similar to Brown’s, but he voted for revenue sharing and stadium subsidies because he believes its part of a process.

“Mike makes very good points,” Irsay says. “But you have to be pragmatic and realize you can’t go into a time machine and make teams like Dallas go back to what they were doing 30 years ago. I just feel like this step for revenue sharing is a significant step and we have to keep making progress.”

Brown isn’t sure his ideas are that outdated. With an eye toward Major League Baseball, he says the cap works best for the players in all sports. But he does suggest tweaking a system that owners can opt out of in November of 2008

And since they need just nine votes, it looks like that’s where they are headed because if there is any consensus among guys like Brown and Kraft it is that the current collective bargaining agreement isn’t good enough.

“My solution,” Brown says, “is that teams would contribute the same percentage of their own revenues for player costs into a common pool, which would be shared out equally to all teams to pay the players.”

Brown didn’t like the fact that the Bengals qualified for less revenue sharing by playing in a stadium for less than 10 years, making them the only small-market team to have their revenue-sharing reduced (44 percent this year) because of the new stadium qualifier.

But he really didn’t like the qualifier which penalizes teams that post less than 90 percent of the NFL’s average gate even though the Bengals aren’t affected. With Washington and New England in the mix with gargantuan gates that lead the league, Brown figures that impacts about half the teams.

He resents the big-market argument that it indicates teams are too stupid or too lazy or both.

“How can that be when it affects half the teams?” he asks.

Yet many of the owners that voted for the qualifiers agreed with Brown and admitted it’s simply “a band-aid.” Wilson says he voted for it because it was progress, but also said the current system is doomed to fail in four years.

“(The owners) aren’t laughing at Mike. He makes sense. He understands it. He gets it,” Weaver says. “To say he wants more out of this system is unfair. He knows it doesn’t go far enough and we have to fix our business model.”

Art Rooney emerged from a session this week and sounded an awful lot like Brown when he spoke to The pissburgh Post-Gazette.

“We're in a market that's not growing," Rooney said.

“We're in a market where we have to be concerned about things like this. We look at it as a very serious situation, both in terms of the standpoint of looking at it from a pissburgh situation but also a league-wide standpoint," Rooney said, estimating that the stealers are one of 20 teams that "are in markets where we're really challenged to continue on an ongoing basis to generate that kind of revenue" to stay competitive.

As for Brown, he’ll keep raising his hand.

“My vote, he says, “is going to be how I feel.”

Until you can name a general manager that is worse for Cincinnati than your lil bro, I suggest you shut your man pleaser.

Lets not forget that you willingly voted to keep a man you describe as the worst GM in football in Cincinnati, and admitted you'd do it again and again and again. So lets not kid ourselves about whose mouth is firmly wrapped around Mike Brown's withered unit. It's you, tough guy.

:yawn:

Still no name. Be honest, you clip Mikey's coupons for him no?

Well, aside from the fact that Mike isn't our "GM" - How about the decisions made my the Houston Texans just in the past calendar year.

They pass up Reggie Bush, the player who was the unquestioned best player in the draft... but rather than trading the pick for value, they simply draft someone else... all because of the price Bush was requesting. (Honestly... what would you have said about Mike Brown had we pulled something like that instead of drafing Carson Palmer?).

Then, they cut their franchise QB... say what you want about Carr... but he's been a great competitor for a team that has never given him NFL quality weapons (another indictment of their GM's ability), and give up high quality draft picks for unproven Matt Schaub... a back-up QB who has only thrown 161 passes in his career with a 69.2 passer rating.

It seems pretty off topic given the thread... but since you seem to desire another team's failures to be greater than our own, you don't have to look all that hard. Mike Brown isn't our GM... but if he was, you would have to at least recognize the fact that the hiring and drafting practices in the last 5 years have gotten significantly better - and are by no means the "worst in the NFL."

Well, aside from the fact that Mike isn't our "GM" - How about the decisions made my the Houston Texans just in the past calendar year.

They pass up Reggie Bush, the player who was the unquestioned best player in the draft... but rather than trading the pick for value, they simply draft someone else... all because of the price Bush was requesting. (Honestly... what would you have said about Mike Brown had we pulled something like that instead of drafing Carson Palmer?).

Then, they cut their franchise QB... say what you want about Carr... but he's been a great competitor for a team that has never given him NFL quality weapons (another indictment of their GM's ability), and give up high quality draft picks for unproven Matt Schaub... a back-up QB who has only thrown 161 passes in his career with a 69.2 passer rating.

It seems pretty off topic given the thread... but since you seem to desire another team's failures to be greater than our own, you don't have to look all that hard. Mike Brown isn't our GM... but if he was, you would have to at least recognize the fact that the hiring and drafting practices in the last 5 years have gotten significantly better - and are by no means the "worst in the NFL."

Mike Brown is in charge of the check book and no matter what smoke screen he puts up, he always will be. My point is, and always has been, that Mike Brown is not as incompetent as people seem to think. He would rather you believe that he is, however, as opposed to coming to the realization that he values profits far above winning. I fully understand that every owner has to balance spending in relation to winning. There is no balance with Mike Brown, because he will not sacrifice one dollar for one win. This is why he flat refuses to play with the salary cap, no matter how close they are to winning. This is why he was the last to jump in the 'voidable years' line. This is why he is against any NFL policy that results in one less dollar coming his way. He is very vocal that he is against the NFL subsidizing private stadiums for teams. After all, why shouldn't every owner have to put a figurative gun to the head of their respective community? He did. The community should subsidize the corporate welfare, not the NFL. Has he forgotten what the NFL did for his father?

Yes, he is better, because he has to be. People stopped showing up, which put his beloved profits in danger. The NFL also pushed him to spend money. No doubt, there are incompetent owners. Snyder heads the list, but at least he is spending money, albeit it recklessly.

It just amazes me how many people are quick to defend this guy, just because they had one winning season.

It just amazes me how many people are quick to defend this guy, just because they had one winning season.

I'm not quick to defend the guy. I actually don't give him much credit for our winning season at all. What credit I do give him is that he was finally willing to allow football people to make football decisions. He's in charge of the financial stuff... and that's just fine with me. At least he's not Jerry Jones, going around paying for players that the coaches don't want (T.O. and Vanderjagt). He pretty much lets Marvin, the other coaches, and the scouting department make the majority of the contributions when it comes to football stuff.

Mike Brown is not his father. Paul Brown knew football more than Mike Brown ever could. But because he was his father's son, he thought he could do it. Like most of us, he thought he could make good football decisions without hiring a GM... and based on the comments in this forum, he is not at fault any more than every Bengal fan who pretends to be intelligent enough to run an NFL franchise.

Now... assuming he was the guy that made football decisions for 15 years: Did it take him too long to wise up and allow football people to make the football decisions? Sure... but that again assumes he was the one making the decisions. I think that is in doubt. The real problem was that we had a terrible scouting department. That problem has been resolved now.

We've improved dramatically since that time. Marvin gets a lot of credit... and well he should, but it was also the expanding of the scouting department that coincided with the improvement. I don't think it's a coincidence. Given that fact, I see no reason to continue complaining. Most Bengal fans are clearly willing to point a finger at mediocrity when you see it. Hell, I was one of them. But why is there a stubborn unwillingness to give one ounce of credit when he wises up?

If you want to continue bitching about the 15 years of futility this franchise suffered, be my guest. But as for me... it's over. I'm moving on.

Snyder heads the list, but at least he is spending money, albeit it recklessly.

Given the fact that the Redskins have sucked under Snyder, how can his insane free agency spending be used as a positive at all? That's the very reason they've been stuck in a ditch in recent years.

I defended him before the winning season too, during the first two 8-8 seasons when things were starting to actually change for the better. In the '90s and early '00s, when the Bengals really did suck, there were plenty of valid reasons to complain about Mike Brown. He hired bad coaches and his draft picks failed miserably.

It amazes me how many people still lambast him for everything he does despite the obvious improvement the team has shown under Marvin Lewis and the improvement is still showing. One stepback season is no reason to return to 1995 on the message boards.

I'm not quick to defend the guy. I actually don't give him much credit for our winning season at all. What credit I do give him is that he was finally willing to allow football people to make football decisions. He's in charge of the financial stuff... and that's just fine with me. At least he's not Jerry Jones, going around paying for players that the coaches don't want (T.O. and Vanderjagt). He pretty much lets Marvin, the other coaches, and the scouting department make the majority of the contributions when it comes to football stuff.

Mike Brown is not his father. Paul Brown knew football more than Mike Brown ever could. But because he was his father's son, he thought he could do it. Like most of us, he thought he could make good football decisions without hiring a GM... and based on the comments in this forum, he is not at fault any more than every Bengal fan who pretends to be intelligent enough to run an NFL franchise.

Now... assuming he was the guy that made football decisions for 15 years: Did it take him too long to wise up and allow football people to make the football decisions? Sure... but that again assumes he was the one making the decisions. I think that is in doubt. The real problem was that we had a terrible scouting department. That problem has been resolved now.

We've improved dramatically since that time. Marvin gets a lot of credit... and well he should, but it was also the expanding of the scouting department that coincided with the improvement. I don't think it's a coincidence. Given that fact, I see no reason to continue complaining. Most Bengal fans are clearly willing to point a finger at mediocrity when you see it. Hell, I was one of them. But why is there a stubborn unwillingness to give one ounce of credit when he wises up?

If you want to continue bitching about the 15 years of futility this franchise suffered, be my guest. But as for me... it's over. I'm moving on.

Feel free to check any of my past posts. I have given him credit for making changes, no matter what the reasons. Believe it or not, I take no pleasure in nailing Mike Brown. I do, however, take exception to dinks like Hairy that blast anyone that is the least bit critical of the guy. I am happy that the Bengals are one of a handful of teams that have a chance at a ring. IMO this is more a product of NFL parity than anything that Mike Brown did.

Believe it or not, I take no pleasure in nailing Mike Brown. I do, however, take exception to dinks like Hairy that blast anyone that is the least bit critical of the guy.

I wouldn't worry about whatever pleasure you get from nailing Mike Brown. Simply put, I don't think you're very good at it...as proven by your willingness to vote for the very things that line his pockets with money.

I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that you're just some bitter little fugtard who ignores facts whenever possible because they get in the way of your purely emotional tirade. In other words, when you get angry you argue like a chick.

And again, you can be critical of Mike Brown without getting blasted by a dink like me. All you have to do is limit your debate to threads discussing what Brown did ineptly in the past, and there are plenty, or join the threads debating issues he's currently linked to. And on that last point you still haven't added a single relevant point in a thread that is now several pages long. Instead, you whine like a little bitch about a won/loss record from a dozen years ago or attempt to change the subject to a ranking of NFL GM's, a position you seem to ignorantly forget that Mike Brown doesn't hold.

So just keep nailing away....especially if the best you've got is stuff about pleasing a man and clipping coupons. (Chick stuff.)

Well, there's the problem. Dinks like Jet, Steakhouse, and Paul Daugherty don't want you to move on. In fact, they demand you remain as bitter and obsessed with the past as they are.

Misery loves company, ehhh?

Believe it or not, I take no pleasure in nailing Mike Brown. I do, however, take exception to dinks like Hairy that blast anyone that is the least bit critical of the guy.

I wouldn't worry about whatever pleasure you get from nailing Mike Brown. Simply put, I don't think you're very good at it...as proven by your willingness to vote for the very things that line his pockets with money.

I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that you're just some bitter little fugtard who ignores facts whenever possible because they get in the way of your purely emotional tirade. In other words, when you get angry you argue like a chick.

And again, you can be critical of Mike Brown without getting blasted by a dink like me. All you have to do is limit your debate to threads discussing what Brown did ineptly in the past, and there are plenty, or join the threads debating issues he's currently linked to. And on that last point you still haven't added a single relevant point in a thread that is now several pages long. Instead, you whine like a little bitch about a won/loss record from a dozen years ago or attempt to change the subject to a ranking of NFL GM's, a position you seem to ignorantly forget that Mike Brown doesn't hold.

So just keep nailing away....especially if the best you've got is stuff about pleasing a man and clipping coupons. (Chick stuff.)

Well, there's the problem. Dinks like Jet, Steakhouse, and Paul Daugherty don't want you to move on. In fact, they demand you remain as bitter and obsessed with the past as they are.

Where do people like you come from? I know where you end up (mom's basement), but how does one get to be like you? Given the billions of dollars that are spent each year, on behavioral case studies, surely somebody can explain to me what social shortcoming is responsible for an angry middle aged man, using words like futgard, that feels the need to validate his intelligence by insulting people on internet message boards and chat rooms.

Yes, I voted for the stadium. What part of something is better than nothing do you not understand? Let me dumb down a notch so as not to confuse you. I'm willing to bet the sum of money that MB sets aside for grievances and injury settlements that you haven't had the benefit of female companionship since your cousin Lizzie fell a sleep at the drive-in premier of Swiss Family Robinson. As sick as that sounds to the rest of us, that is probably SOMETHING to a pathetic troll such as you.

Where do people like you come from? I know where you end up (mom's basement), but how does one get to be like you? Given the billions of dollars that are spent each year, on behavioral case studies, surely somebody can explain to me what social shortcoming is responsible for an angry middle aged man, using words like futgard, that feels the need to validate his intelligence by insulting people on internet message boards and chat rooms.

Yes, I voted for the stadium. What part of something is better than nothing do you not understand? Let me dumb down a notch so as not to confuse you. I'm willing to bet the sum of money that MB sets aside for grievances and injury settlements that you haven't had the benefit of female companionship since your cousin Lizzie fell a sleep at the drive-in premier of Swiss Family Robinson. As sick as that sounds to the rest of us, that is probably SOMETHING to a pathetic troll such as you.

So let me get this straight... you tell Hair he is pathetic for calling names, and to do it, you feel the need to go on an insulting rant such as the one above?

Pot... meet kettle.

So let me get this straight... you tell Hair he is pathetic for calling names, and to do it, you feel the need to go on an insulting rant such as the one above?

Pot... meet kettle.

Pot... meet kettle.

Yeah, but he made fun of my wee-wee DS....point taken.

Yes, I voted for the stadium. What part of something is better than nothing do you not understand?

I understand it very well. Simply put, without Mike Brown there's no professional football in Cincinnati, now or ever again. Obviously that isn't enough for you, but it does count for something with me in part because I've watched three NFL owners move from cities or marketplaces that I've lived in.

Here's another difference between you and me. I don't begrudge any NFL owner from making bags full of money because that comes with the territory. Where I do have a problem, and forgive me for trying to get the thread back on track, is when a team operating in one of the smallest markets in the NFL has it's revenue sharing reduced from an amount that was already rather small. And yeah, that's the point that Paul Daugherty either doesn't understand or simply doesn't care about since he knows his audience is mostly made up of angry fugtards like you.

And as for when I last got laid, the correct answer is this morning. For the record, straight missionary morphing into an edge-of-the-bed standing climax. Thanks for caring.

And no, I don't live in Mom's basement. I live in a very nice house in Thousand Oaks, California, where I'm self-employed. In fact, I've got a job opening that I think would be just perfect for a dumb guy like you....if you know your way around a mop. And I'm betting you do.

Yeah, but he made fun of my wee-wee.....

No, I didn't. I made fun of your brain by claiming you were too stupid to know how your weenis works.

Yes, I voted for the stadium. What part of something is better than nothing do you not understand?

I understand it very well. Simply put, without Mike Brown there's no professional football in Cincinnati, now or ever again. Obviously that isn't enough for you, but it does count for something with me in part because I've watched three NFL owners move from cities or marketplaces that I've lived in.

Here's another difference between you and me. I don't begrudge any NFL owner from making bags full of money because that comes with the territory. Where I do have a problem, and forgive me for trying to get the thread back on track, is when a team operating in one of the smallest markets in the NFL has it's revenue sharing reduced from an amount that was already rather small. And yeah, that's the point that Paul Daugherty either doesn't understand or simply doesn't care about since he knows his audience is mostly made up of angry fugtards like you.

And as for when I last got laid, the correct answer is this morning. For the record, straight missionary morphing into an edge-of-the-bed standing climax. Thanks for caring.

And no, I don't live in Mom's basement. I live in a very nice house in Thousand Oaks, California, where I'm self-employed. In fact, I've got a job opening that I think would be just perfect for a dumb guy like you....if you know your way around a mop. And I'm betting you do.

Yeah, but he made fun of my wee-wee.....

No, I didn't. I made fun of your brain by claiming you were too stupid to know how your weenis works.

I see Hairy. So, what you're saying is that there wouldn't be an endless line of people waiting to sign the deal orchestrated by Mike's bestest employee. Mike Brown didn't leave for one reason only. Hamilton County threw a great big bag of money at him. Seriously, how stupid are you? And believe it or not, I don't begrudge the guy for making money. I'm just not stupid enough to believe that he is our savior, or anything short of the worst owner in professional sports. I never said he wasn't a great business man, because IMO he is a brilliant business man. But that certainly doesn't do anything for W's & L's does it Hairy.

Thousand Oaks, CA huh? That's 2,200 miles away. Well, that certainly explains why you feel comfortable running your c*ck holster all over this Cincinnati board. But hey, thanks for the autobiography, like I freaking care. It's good to know you're having sex. Although you may want to let him/her go before someone hears the muffled screams. And you went and got yourself your own business. That's swell Hairy. You know, I will actually be in L.A. the 2nd week in May. Maybe I can stop and see ya at work. But please remember, hold the relish!

I never said he wasn't a great business man, because IMO he is a brilliant business man. But that certainly doesn't do anything for W's & L's does it Hairy.

But everyone but you realizes that it isn't a debate about W's & L's. Revenue sharing is strictly a business related issue.

I guess Paul Daugherty and dinks like you can attempt to turn every business related discussion into some fugtarded rant about what Mike Brown did or didn't do in 1992, but deliberately ignoring relevant facts in favor of a simplistic rant about the evil rich seems pretty stupid to me.

Thousand Oaks, CA huh? That's 2,200 miles away. Well, that certainly explains why you feel comfortable running your c*ck holster all over this Cincinnati board. But hey, thanks for the autobiography, like I freaking care.

But you pretended to care when you stupidly claimed that I lived in moms basement and hadn't had sex with anything but my hand, right? Truth be told you haven't made a single worthwhile comment in this entire thread and I'm guessing that's because you aren't smart enough to do so. All you can seem to manage is endlessly repeating "Mike Brown sucks!" while admitting that when you went to the voting booth you somehow managed to work his shaft and balls at the same time. Well good for you.

That's swell Hairy. You know, I will actually be in L.A. the 2nd week in May.

Bring lots of money. I think you'll find the price of a corncob pipe is a little more out here than you're used to paying.

I never said he wasn't a great business man, because IMO he is a brilliant business man. But that certainly doesn't do anything for W's & L's does it Hairy.

But everyone but you realizes that it isn't a debate about W's & L's. Revenue sharing is strictly a business related issue.

I guess Paul Daugherty and dinks like you can attempt to turn every business related discussion into some fugtarded rant about what Mike Brown did or didn't do in 1992, but deliberately ignoring relevant facts in favor of a simplistic rant about the evil rich seems pretty stupid to me.

Man are you slow. This discussion actually started in a thread about Akili Smith. I believe I pointed out that the pick had less to do about football and more to do about $$. It was then that I learned that your love for Mike Brown knows no boundaries. I started this thread to illustrate the 'how dare anyone criticize Mike Brown' attitude that is your life. It was the subject of the article Hairy, not the content.

I could care less if Mike Brown is rich. He is building a company for the sake of his family. I have no issues with that at all. In fact, Mike Brown seems to be a good man. BUT, as I have said a million times, he will never trade a $$ for a win and that is his business. But, that doesn't do much for the W's & L's Hairy. But I forgot, that stat. is not relevant on this board. Does MB's 100% focus on profits mean that they can't win? No, because I have also pointed out that thanks to Pete's parity, any dog can have his day.

Mike Brown is no hero for staying in Cincinnati, because only a fool would have passed up his deal. I don't hate the man, but I am tired of him being ONLY on the side that make him an extra buck. That doesn't mean I hate him Hairy. That doesn't mean I am angry Hairy. It just means I'm a bit dismayed.

I started this thread to illustrate the 'how dare anyone criticize Mike Brown' attitude that is your life. It was the subject of the article Hairy, not the content.

That just about sums a dink like you up.

You first start a thread by posting an article and then demand that everyone ignore the very content of that article. Yup, we're all supposed to take the things Paul Daugherty claimed at face value and without argument. Because who cares if he's full of s**te? The only thing that matters to you is you're both mad as hell and both of you are angrily pretending you're not going to take it anymore. And yet you both keep right on taking it because you're nothing more than a couple of powerless dinks who realize that without Mike Brown there's no NFL football in Cincinnati. And that makes a dink like you mad and bitter...because you helped him stay.

Meanwhile, I keep trying to debate the fairness of revenue sharing, which I remind you is the subject matter of the article you used to start this thread. But you're not interested in discussing that, are you? No, all you want is an opportunity to vent your spleen and then hopefully have a bunch of equally bitter people slap you on the back.

I started this thread to illustrate the 'how dare anyone criticize Mike Brown' attitude that is your life. It was the subject of the article Hairy, not the content.

That just about sums a dink like you up.

You first start a thread by posting an article and then demand that everyone ignore the very content of that article. Yup, we're all supposed to take the things Paul Daugherty claimed at face value and without argument. Because who cares if he's full of s**te? The only thing that matters to you is you're both mad as hell and both of you are angrily pretending you're not going to take it anymore. And yet you both keep right on taking it because you're nothing more than a couple of powerless dinks who realize that without Mike Brown there's no NFL football in Cincinnati. And that makes a dink like you mad and bitter...because you helped him stay.

Meanwhile, I keep trying to debate the fairness of revenue sharing, which I remind you is the subject matter of the article you used to start this thread. But you're not interested in discussing that, are you? No, all you want is an opportunity to vent your spleen and then hopefully have a bunch of equally bitter people slap you on the back.

Fishing for slaps on the back is all you are about Hairy. For reasons outlined in a previous post, you feel the need to cleverly (in your feeble mind) insult people, so that all the little sheep will tell you how great you are. You want people on this site to think you are cool. Why else would you bother to post where you live, what you do, and the manner in which you have sex? This isn't matchmaker.com Hairy, and you are not cool. You are really quite sad. Still no name.

See my signature below and my previous point about Pittsburgh and Indy playing in SMALLER markets than Cincinnati (or the same) and low and behold they each have a bunch of playoff runs strung together and a SB ring each in the last 3 years. Pitt's success goes all the way back to the mid-90's in fact - due to a good GM and coach and system.

What exactly do you not understand about that point? That the Bengals' are given the SAME and even BETTER stadium deal and more revenues to work with that relate directly to football operations than those two smaller market teams, yet they continue to not be able to win year after year.

We gave Mike Brown the sun and the moon here to stay and operate like every other NFL franchise - yet he refuses to take any leaps of faith in Free Agency or in beefing up his resources and scouting department to be comparable to other teams etc...,

I am over the whole "just lucky to have a team" mentality at this point, after the lucrative stadium deal given to him. This city has lined that family's wallets for an eternity - and what do we get for it? Laziness, cheapness, and lack of effort.

Just agree to disagree with this and move on - we know where you stand Hair and other Mike Brown defenders. I simply find your points and reasoning to be very weak.

That said, they better have a playoff run this year or you will hear these complaints from more and more of the fan base again, and season tickets will start to not be renewed en masse when people finally see that Mike Brown's cover is a bit of a fraud that depends almost solely on luck and the stars aligning just right once in a while to keep fans like you with lower standards happy and content with mediocrity.

Fishing for slaps on the back is all you are about Hairy. For reasons outlined in a previous post, you feel the need to cleverly (in your feeble mind) insult people, so that all the little sheep will tell you how great you are. You want people on this site to think you are cool. Why else would you bother to post where you live, what you do, and the manner in which you have sex?

I posted where I live, what I do, and mentioned the last time I had sex because you had offered some empty headed speculation about those things. Frankly, if you really don't care about those things then perhaps you'd be better off actually debating the subject of the thread instead of asking questions that I have no problem answering.

But you can't debate the issues, can you? You can't give an opinion on that subject matter until fellow fugtard, Paul Daugherty, tells you what to say, right?

BTW, I think there may be a few flaws in your theory that I "cleverly insult" people to make them like me. I mean c'mon, now that we've swapped insults you probably don't like me now any more than I like you.

See my signature below and my previous point about Pittsburgh and Indy playing in SMALLER markets than Cincinnati (or the same) and low and behold they each have a bunch of playoff runs strung together and a SB ring each in the last 3 years. Pitt's success goes all the way back to the mid-90's in fact - due to a good GM and coach and system.

What exactly do you not understand about that point? That the Bengals' are given the SAME and even BETTER stadium deal and more revenues to work with that relate directly to football operations than those two smaller market teams, yet they continue to not be able to win year after year.

Uhhh, the Colts abandoned Baltimore in search of a better stadium deal and increased revenues. So maybe, just maybe, they're not a franchise you'll want to use as proof of Mike Browns greed. Because doing so only points out how often other team owners have abandoned cities in favor of the biggest bag of coin they can get. And most importantly, knowing how quickly Cincinnati politicians would attempt to get out of the lease agreement they signed it's reasonable to suggest that Mike Brown not only SHOULD have left when he had the chance, but would have been completely justified for having done so.

As for Pittsburgh, I've already posed quotes from their owner defending Mike Brown's criticism of the revenue sharing agreement. Feel free to ignore them yet again as well as the fact that the city of Pittsburgh has a long history of supporting it's NFL ownership instead of filing endless unwinnable lawsuits against it.

On the field? I shouldn't haver to remind a Bengal fan that Cincy finished ahead of Pittsburgh in the division the year the Steelers won the Super Bowl, and the Bengals might have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs if Carson Palmer hadn't been injured on the 2nd offensive play. And let's not forget that this season Pittsburgh finsihed with the exact record as the Bengals, and then lost most of their existing coaching staff. Plus, their franchise QB seems to be imploding just as carson palmer has become a Pro Bowl fixture.

More? The Colts also won a Super Bowl championship this season after years and years of coming up short. And when the Colts did finally break through they managed to do so despite featuring one of the lowest ranked defenses in the entire NFL. In fact, when it comes down to team building the Bengals are most often compared to the reigning Super Bowl champions.