How about this Draft now.

There are at least 3 other DT that I personally would rather have than Dockett

Starks

Tubbs

Washington

I wouldn't be real disappointed with Dockett.

But I really think that we have more of a need at DE than at DT.

And if we do go for a DT, with our first pick, I would rather get Starks or Tubbs.

To tell you the truth, I am not all that excited about any of the players that we will have a shot at with the #24 pick.

My "guess" is, that it will be Gamble that we end up taking.

That may turn out to be a Great pick in the long run.

But for some reason it doesn't excited me all that much at the moment.

On the other hand, there are some guys that I Really Like as Second and Third Rounds picks.

Marquise Hill DE

Bob Sanders S

Alex Stepanovich C

Stacy Andrews OT

And as a possibe late Round pick.

Rod Davis ILB

In any case, I Bet that ML gets the Best Value out of the 10 picks that the Bengals have.

And that we have a Great Draft !

You'd prefer Washington? I don't really like him because he isn't really a run stuffer with his size and as a pass rusher his speed and pursuit IMHO make him inferior to Dockett.

They both sound good though Tubbs is probably the most polished of that level of DT.

Just read this about Dockett on DraftAce .

" He's a good guy, but he has had some off the field problems. His talent is worthy of a top ten pick however, so this is a guy worth taking a risk on to help out Cincy's run defense, which has a bad taste in it's mouth after ending the season by getting burned by Cleveland's Lee Suggs. "

Interesting....

Just read this about Dockett on DraftAce .

" He's a good guy, but he has had some off the field problems. His talent is worthy of a top ten pick however, so this is a guy worth taking a risk on to help out Cincy's run defense, which has a bad taste in it's mouth after ending the season by getting burned by Cleveland's Lee Suggs. "

Interesting....

If he commits himself fully to football, which the signs are showing he is, the he could be really good. No Sapp, but he could be as good as John Randle or Bryant Young. He has the ability.

Could be something there. A Virginia newspaper article has him clocked 4.46 to 4.49 for five scouts last month and apparently he is only the third division 2 receiver to gain over 4,000 yards, which includes tough receivers like Wayne Chrebet and Dedric Ward.

Gotta think, though, that the Bengals won't even pick a WR in the draft.