Went to my 1st hockey game ever last night

BengalszoneBilly

Let me begin by saying I've NEVER been a fan of hockey. I called it pro wrestling on ice because of the allowed fisticuffs while the officials stood by condoning it, but the game I saw last night in person has given me a new perspective. It was out here in Arizona (of all places!) watching the Central Hockey Leagues Arizona Sundogs which is sort of our hometown team out here in Prescott Arizona. It was actually pretty cool! Aside from the one, seemingly staged fight, (stupid) I really enjoyed it. I can see myself attending many more games from here on out. I now consider myself a "Sundog" fan!

burnie%20nb.jpg

Do you live near Phoenix? I know they have a pro team,Coyotes..Maybe you should go to one of those games..I never really watch hockey but when I go to a game its lots of fun.

About 1 & 1/2 hours north of Phoenix in the mountains, (same elevation as Denver) but that's not worth the drive to see a hockey game to me when I can see one here in town. I'm waiting for the Bengals to come to Arizona again to play the Cardinals in their new plush stadium. Now that's a drive I'd gladly take! :bengal:

Do you live near Phoenix? I know they have a pro team,Coyotes..Maybe you should go to one of those games..I never really watch hockey but when I go to a game its lots of fun.

About 1 & 1/2 hours north of Phoenix in the mountains, (same elevation as Denver) but that's not worth the drive to see a hockey game to me when I can see one here in town. I'm waiting for the Bengals to come to Arizona again to play the Cardinals in their new plush stadium. Now that's a drive I'd gladly take! :bengal:

That wont happen till another 4 years..We play them at our house this year

I've never been a hockey fan either... watching it on TV is a terrible bore everytime I try. I'd love to get out and see a game though, because by all accounts that's 20 times more fun. I don't think I'd be capable of caring about the ECHL Dayton Bombers or Cincinnati Cyclones, so it'd be the NHL Columbus Blue Jackets or nothing.

I know, but I want to see revenge first hand since the Cardinals won out last time here in one messed up game for our Bengals. <_<

i was at that game :( kitna :((

• 2 weeks later...

I know, but I want to see revenge first hand since the Cardinals won out last time here in one messed up game for our Bengals. <_<

i was at that game :( kitna :((

cough cough s**tna cough :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to NHL games and thought it was o.k. I simply have issues with the sport in general. Fist-fighting permitted in the rule book? Silly. Scratch that ... STUPID. Skating. Puck. Goalie barely noticeable with the biggest pads in the world. And the biggest kicker for me in terms of it not being a legitimate sport ... players leave the game because of penalties and the team plays 'short-handed'. Imagine a basketball game where a guy commits a foul and has to sit out for a couple minutes and his team plays 4 on 5. Fist fighting and 4 on 5 ... completely dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched the Cincinnati Cyclones a few times when I've been over to catch a bengals games. Not my favourite sport but it fills an evening that would otherwise be spent working my way through beers at the rock bottom. It's entertainment, shouldn't be taken too seriously, much more fun than WWE but not as good as sex!

Yeah, I went to 2 Columbus BLue Jacket's games and found them extremely fun, 1 of the games I wore my '85' jersey and got cheered on by man of the fans, but yeah the fans where great and very loud and I had a blast both times.

hockey is actually alot of fun if you go the arena but on tv it kind of sucks.

I used to play street hockey in my old neighborhood, but I never could get into watching hockey. I've always heard the same thing about it being awesome watching a game in person, and I've been wanting to go to one. I think Lexington has a team, so I might look into it.