How about a WR in round 1

uh, can anyone say Marques Colston? TJ Houshmandzadeh? Strikes me that those guys were 7th round picks...

But honestly? We have some pretty specific needs on this football team for improvement and depth. Those needs lie on the defensive side of the ball, so lets get (maybe just a little) real here.

Depending upon the best player available it will be (not necessarily in this order) DE,CB,S,LB,DT methinks

Me thinks you're right on the money! B)

I absolutely agree that the Bengals should seriously consider drafting offense on day one. They should build on their strength. While the offense was pretty good last season, it could be awesome with the addition of (1) a pass catching TE such as Greg Olsen or Zach Miller, and (2) a RB , e.g., Marshawn Lynch. Stated simply, the Bengals have a better chance of winning next year with a great offense rather than a mediocre defense.

You know... I can almost always tell the people who play Madden or NCAA on this board.... no serious NFL fan would consider adding to the offense of the Bengals in the 1st this year. I love simulation video games just as much as anybody else but they are only simulations. Good to remeber that when you are making suggestions for the real Bengals pro football team.

You know... I can almost always tell the people who play Madden or NCAA on this board.... no serious NFL fan would consider adding to the offense of the Bengals in the 1st this year. I love simulation video games just as much as anybody else but they are only simulations. Good to remeber that when you are making suggestions for the real Bengals pro football team.

yeah, and the fact that Coach Lewis guaranteed this year's defense will be better (in a unquantifiable kinda way), so you better believe we'll be grabbing a defensive prospect in the first.

Anyone want to put there Bengalzone bucks where their mouth is in regards to us taking offense in the first let me know !!!

We are taking defense !!!

WHODEY !!!

I'll give up all my Bengalzone bucks to be distributed evenly among the masses and I'll never visit the site again if they take Offense in the first.

I'll still be a Bengal fan in theory - but a 1st round offense pick would be just a little to bitter for me to swallow.

Big Buckeye fan and I would rather have Anthony Gonzales before Ginn. He always scared me when he had the ball in college, I thought he was either going to fumble or get injured everytime he touched it.

Of course I dont want a WR in this years draft anyway.

*see statement just to the left for clarification*

I'd be shocked, and definitely suprised......much like the Chris Perry pick.

But I mean, I'm sure having Ted on the team would result in some great races between he and Brazelle.

Spring Sessions would be particularly fun to watch.

I wouldn't put it past the Bengals though.

If they feel that he's the BPA at the point, then they'll pull the trigger.

I would still support Coach Lewis, the Bengals and root for Ted.

I feel he would make the team better in the long run.

I've seen crazier moves on Draft Day.

But I mean, I'm sure having Ted on the team would result in some great races between he and Brazelle.

Spring Sessions would be particularly fun to watch.

And if the football season were actually a Track & Field meet, it would be a good pick. But WR's need more than just striaght ahead speed. Ginn is the second coming of Raghib (Rocket) Ismail. An incredibly fast guy who'll never make it as a great WR - and be relegated striclty to punt and kick-off returns (hardly worth a 1st round pick). You can't just blow by NFL caliber CB's with pure speed like you can in college.