Chris Henry mega-thread............

Kazkal

just saw on SC that he was pulled over and given 3 minor traffic tickets. illegal turn, driving on a suspended license, and no seat belt. i swear this kid is never gonna learn.

bengals comment was it was minor and thats why it wasnt released till today...it happend on the 21st i think.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw on SC that he was pulled over and given 3 minor traffic tickets. illegal turn, driving on a suspended license, and no seat belt. i swear this kid is never gonna learn.

bengals comment was it was minor and thats why it wasnt released till today...it happend on the 21st i think.

No weed and not drunk = minor problem.

Yeah, real minor problem for him - a PAROLE VIOLATION is not a minor problem!

From the enquirer:

If Henry is convicted of any crime in Hamilton County, the Kenton County Attorney's Office would seek to revoke his probation in Kentucky, said chief prosecutor Ken Easterling. Henry could have to serve the remaining 88 days on his 90-day sentence.

Driving under a suspended license while on probation or parole, in addition to it being a result of a DUI charge - is a criminal offense!

I don't know why Hair and/or others want to make this all about not using a turn signal - it has nothing to do with that!

When he is clearly violating his parole by driving around in public, in the middle of the freakin' city in a big Escalade - THAT is the behavior I am talking about - pure stupidity and reckless regard for what he has to do, in order to put the legal stuff behind him. It tells me he hasn't changed - he just doesn't wasn't drinking and driving or bring his stash with him. I guess he's learned that much so far.

This may be the final capper on Goodell suspending him for all of next season along with Pacman.

And THAT really sucks - because Henry is right up there with Chad, and possibly even a more well-rounded WR, from a talent perspective - and has that kind of real potential.

Instead the idiot is more interested cruising the streets like some pea brained hoodlum with a dime bag looking for hookers.

Just pathetic.

Yet our resident apologist here doesn't seem to understand the simple fact that he was DRIVING UNDER A SUSPENDED LICENSE WHICH IS A VIOLATION OF HIS PAROLE, and taking part in similar behavior to what he was doing last year when this all started.

Similar behavior you claim? Well, where's the weed? Where's the teenage hookers? Where's the handgun? You can spin this thing until you're dizzy in the head but we're still talking about nothing more than a turn signal violation, failure to wear a seatbelt, and driving with a suspended license. It is what it is, which is nothing anyone would get excited about unless it occured within an already churning media frenzy. And as a result of that frenzy we get reactionary fugtards like you claiming that the incident is so serious that the Bengals simply have to cut all ties with Henry.

And they just might.

Because no matter how over-the-top stupid the fan reaction to this type of thing becomes the simple truth is the Bengals can't ignore it anymore. They're increasingly compelled to make grand and empty gestures in the name of righteous goodness, and when the draft rolls around they'll have to refrain from drafting the next Chad Johnson or Corey Dillon because a large faction of their own fanbase would rather see them take a less talented player who presumably reads to blind children on his day off.

It's stupid, but it's our reality.

Yeah but Hair at some point, morals aside, when the guy is never available on Sundays, or can't be counted on, and may be suspended an entire year - at what point is it worth it?

I don't think he's evil and I have had my bad days at his age - I did the same types of things - but I wasn't making a million dollars a year and wasn't a public figure, and didn't have other people counting on me.

I think someone should start a very simple poll:

Given the most recent traffic violations, should the Bengals finally stand-up and completely cut all ties between Chris Henry and the Bengals organization (i.e. cut/trade)?

I'm tired of all of it at this point ... so I'm on the 'turn a big negative into an organizational positive' ... cut 'em. At the very least, it will show authority, backbone, and a change in direction.

first off i think it was stupid to merge my thread with this one. really stupid. my thread about his minor traffic violations have NOTHING to do with his suspension outcome.

on to my post.

"It's nothing. It was a fine. He thought it was taken care of," Marvin Frazier said Tuesday afternoon. "To me, it seems like there is a witch hunt for Chris Henry. He's been doing everything that he's been asked to do."

wtf is up with everyone now using the witch hunt thing that phil jackson used to defend kobe? 2ndly, IF HE WAS DOING EVERYTHING HE HAS BEEN ASKED HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN DRIVING UNDER A SUSPENDED LICENSE.

first off i think it was stupid to merge my thread with this one. really stupid. my thread about his minor traffic violations have NOTHING to do with his suspension outcome.

Not nearly as stupid as not checking to see if the subject was already under discussion in the big Chris Henry thread -- especially one with the new "merged: henry in trouble again" subtitle -- as it had been for nearly 4 hours before you came along. <_<

But you're welcome.

Not nearly as stupid as not checking to see if the subject was already under discussion in the big Chris Henry thread -- especially one with the new "merged: henry in trouble again" subtitle -- as it had been for nearly 4 hours before you came along. <_<

But you're welcome.

haha funny. real funny.

i saw that it was under discussion under that thread but still felt that a seperate topic deserves a seperate thread. hey why not just make a bengals thread and make all posts about them go under that! that would be awesome!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2814869

Can you believe this, this guy can't stay out of trouble, I hope with the newer and tougher penalties for players that the Bengals can just release him and not worry whether or not he will make it to sunday without being arrested. He has a lot of talent but we are better off without him!!

Can you believe this, this guy can't stay out of trouble, I hope with the newer and tougher penalties for players that the Bengals can just release him and not worry whether or not he will make it to sunday without being arrested. He has a lot of talent but we are better off without him!!

You and the media need to stop being petty as hell, seat belt violation and improper turn, they are trying to put this guy under a microscope and you are falling for it. Get rid of him because he made an illegal turn and did not have a seat belt on? Get out of here with the stupid stuff, stop being a victim to the media coverage Chicken Little (The sky is fallen the sky is fallen). He wasn't drunk, did not get arrested or anything. If the story said that he was coming from working out at the Bengals practice facility and on his way home, would you still be crying? I didn't think so, stop being petty.

You and the media need to stop being petty as hell, seat belt violation and improper turn, they are trying to put this guy under a microscope and you are falling for it. Get rid of him because he made an illegal turn and did not have a seat belt on? Get out of here with the stupid stuff, stop being a victim to the media coverage Chicken Little (The sky is fallen the sky is fallen)

You conveniently left out driving with a suspended license. Debate's easier when you selectively ignore evidence that kills your arguments, huh? Viewing this with respect to the totality of his behavior to date - how many charges in less than two years? - it could be the proverbial straw that breaks Marvin's back.

So we're talking about a guy who waves guns around, drives drunk and stoned multiple times, barfs all over a cop, has a hotel party with underage girls and booze, and after all that and multiple second, third chances he can't just obey the damned law. Doesn't show he has the ability to learn.

How many times you been arrested in the last two years? I'm up to zero, personally.

Curnutte has updated his piece...

Henry was ticketed March 21 in Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine for driving on a suspended license, not wearing a seat belt and not using a turn signal.

Chief prosecutor Ken Easterling of the Kenton County Attorney’s Office said Tuesday a conviction on those charges would be enough to revoke Henry’s Kenton County probation and send him back to jail to serve the rest of his 90-day sentence.

So maybe he wont be available for all the offseason program...

PFT adds a claim that the driving on a suspended license bust charge carries a mandatory 3-day jail sentence, dunno if that's true or not.

You and the media need to stop being petty as hell, seat belt violation and improper turn, they are trying to put this guy under a microscope and you are falling for it. Get rid of him because he made an illegal turn and did not have a seat belt on? Get out of here with the stupid stuff, stop being a victim to the media coverage Chicken Little (The sky is fallen the sky is fallen)

You conveniently left out driving with a suspended license. Debate's easier when you selectively ignore evidence that kills your arguments, huh? Viewing this with respect to the totality of his behavior to date - how many charges in less than two years? - it could be the proverbial straw that breaks Marvin's back.

So we're talking about a guy who waves guns around, drives drunk and stoned multiple times, barfs all over a cop, has a hotel party with underage girls and booze, and after all that and multiple second, third chances he can't just obey the damned law. Doesn't show he has the ability to learn.

How many times you been arrested in the last two years? I'm up to zero, personally.

I'm a three time felon I'm sitting in Lucasville prison right now writing you, I'm first string for the all prison league. I'm with you cut him, I'm tired of him too you are absolutely right. I'm looking for a good cellmate.

He has not learned his lesson and obviously this guy thinks he is above the law...Im not talking about the seat belt or illegal turn, but driving under suspended license? This shows he has not learned a lesson and he needs a harsh punishment from the NFL, the Bengals, and the court system for all of his arrests....this is ridiculous !!

Yeah but Hair at some point, morals aside, when the guy is never available on Sundays, or can't be counted on, and may be suspended an entire year - at what point is it worth it?

I don't think he's evil and I have had my bad days at his age - I did the same types of things - but I wasn't making a million dollars a year and wasn't a public figure, and didn't have other people counting on me.

The amount of money Chris Henry makes is completely irrelevant....unless the Escalade he was driving was considered reason enough for the police to pull him over.

The fact that Henry is doing nothing more than you used to do is exactly what grinds on me. The odds are overwhelmingly against anyone preventing you from earning a living in your chosen profession due to your youthful indiscretions, yet somehow I'm supposed to care so much about the cherished image of the NFL that I'm supposed to support blackballing an athlete who has proven his worth as a player?

Sorry, no. If it were up to me the law would take care of Chris Henry in any way it sees fit, and that would be the end of it. There'd be absoluetly no punishment levied by the NFL, mostly because anyone with a functioning brainpan knows that the punishment will be offered as lip service, and will be handed out unfairly with copius amounts of hypocrisy included.

For example, Michael Irvin is about to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, right?