Chris Henry mega-thread............

Kazkal

I'm not sure I'm willing to blame PacMan, Tank Johnson, O.J. Simpson or any other troubled NFL player for the doom that awaits Henry. If Goodell wants to be a "hardass," then that's what he'll be. But when it comes to NFL suspensions, Henry will get no more than he deserves (and probably less). He's already avoided jail-time, which probably gives him better treatment than the average man would have gotten.

It's good that he's kept his nose clean for a few months... but he was nothing short of a menace to society for a few months there... and the consequences of those actions can be long-term. Unfortunately for us, it directly effects the team we all root for, but I don't think I'll feel bad for him due to the fact that Adam Jones is an absolute jack-ass, because honestly, Henry hasn't proven that he's far behind him in that category.

No argument here that Henry has proven to be one of the dumbest people in the NFL... I just don't think his still-unpunished offenses compare with Pac Man's exploits. The two will likely be punished in similar fashion.

If it does turn out that way, I won't complain much. I'm not impressed with Goodell thus far, but it's hard to argue with him in Henry's case.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard on the radio that Henry was cited last week for driving under suspension, and that it could be a violation of his parole and he could face jail time.

I only caught the last half of it - but am wondering why this wasn't reported elsewhere yet?

If true, you can probably kiss his a$$ goodbye this year possibly, if not for good.

I just heard on the radio that Henry was cited last week for driving under suspension, and that it could be a violation of his parole and he could face jail time.

I only caught the last half of it - but am wondering why this wasn't reported elsewhere yet?

If true, you can probably kiss his a$$ goodbye this year possibly, if not for good.

Honestly ... if that report is true, you can put me in the corner of those who just want this to all go away. At some point you draw a line and when it is crossed, you stomp out the problem. This might be the case. I just want so much to move on. I love the Bengals ... no Henry. I will gladly move on as a Bengal fan with or without him.

Honestly ... if that report is true, you can put me in the corner of those who just want this to all go away. At some point you draw a line and when it is crossed, you stomp out the problem. This might be the case. I just want so much to move on. I love the Bengals ... no Henry. I will gladly move on as a Bengal fan with or without him.

As noted below it apparently is, and i agree with you. What else can you do - he's not worth the trouble, really, no one is.

Here's a link...

http://fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=6285901

I doubt they yank his parole for this, or that the NFL will care.

I think they will care if Clermont County or any other county where he is on probation, acts on it as a result.

Also if I am Marvin and/or the Bengals, not sure I'd consider his behavior acceptable.

Driving around on Vine St. with a suspended license eh? Sounds like he's up to his same old sh$t.

You can't count on someone like that. Time to find a replacement asap IMO.

The NFL will care precisely because fans like Steakhouse aren't interested in the seriousness of the charge, only that there was one.

When all is said and done Henry's latest crime wave will be remembered as the single most important turn-signal violation in human history.

Put me down for an eight game suspension....twice as much as I would have said before Henry blinkered his way into infamy.

The NFL will care precisely because fans like Steakhouse aren't interested in the seriousness of the charge, only that there was one.

When all is said and done Henry's latest crime wave will be remembered as the single most important turn-signal violation in human history.

Put me down for an eight game suspension....twice as much as I would have said before Henry blinkered his way into infamy.

Yet our resident apologist here doesn't seem to understand the simple fact that he was DRIVING UNDER A SUSPENDED LICENSE WHICH IS A VIOLATION OF HIS PAROLE, and taking part in similar behavior to what he was doing last year when this all started.

So, you can reduce it to a turn signal violation if you want, but per the norm, you only take out what you want and try to spin it to defend anything and everything a Bengals' player or coach does!

I'm sure the Clermont County judge will care, since he's the one who suspended Henry's driving privileges. Judges tend to take offense to people driving under court suspensions. Henry may have to serve out the 30 day jail sentence that was suspended in that case, in addition to whatever he gets for the new driving under suspension charge.

an arrest is an arrest. doesn't matter whether we deem the crime to be serious or not. and under the new nfl rules whereby the commish can dole out punishment prior to court proceedings, mr. henry is going to pay for this sooner rather than later. i too see the suspension going from 4 games to 8 games as a result of this arrest.

How comforting it would be (at least for me and some of my friends) to see the Bengals stand up and do something radical ... release the guy. Is there danger in that in that he might come back to haunt you? Yes. Is it giving up on a tremendous talent? Yes. Will another team grab him? Yes. Will such as move be seen from many as 'a bad business decision'? Yes. BUT ... it would show that the Bengals are seriously involved in taking a stand ... much like I think the NFL in general will be doing. I was fine with things as long as he 'kept his nose clean' since the court appearances. That hasn't happened. I now want a clear and obvious message. Enough already.

i too see the suspension going from 4 games to 8 games as a result of this arrest.

Over driving over a suspended license? Naw, this is Henry's fight. Not the NFL. Not the Bengals. Not ours. Not anyones. And if the NFL feels compelled to add suspensions on parole violations, then we might have to worry about the NFL going a little overboard. We'll eventually be bitching because of one-game suspensions over parking tickets.

The Goodell administration isn't worried about conduct. It's worried about appearing weak ala Bud Selig.

I'm not so much worried about driving under suspended license (you'd be surprised how many people do it) as I am that he was caught at 1100 Vine Street. Not sure what he was up to down there, but it really doesn't look good. You would think with all that's at stake for him he wouldn't be caught dead in an area like that. This guy clearly just doesn't get it.

i'm rethinking my earlier post. let's forget for a minute that henry lost his license due to DUI and other violations. let's pretend that he got 6 or 8 or 10 points (or whatever it takes) as a result of speeding in a school zone, running a red light, and not wearing a seat belt. no matter how many moving violations a player gets, the league is never going to get involved because these are not misdemeanors or felonies - - if you wouldn't have to report it on a job app then it really can't be that significant, right?

so going with this logic, let's assume that he lost his license for the above reasons and then got hit with driving under a suspended license yesterday. i would be shocked if the league felt it was a player conduct issue worthy of a fine or suspension. so maybe this isn't a big deal after all. the problem is that he's meeting with goodell next week so the timing is unfortunate. so to amend my earlier remark, i think henry is out for at least 4 games with a chance (20%?) of seeing it go longer as a result of the citation (not arrest) for driving under a suspended license.

Yet our resident apologist here doesn't seem to understand the simple fact that he was DRIVING UNDER A SUSPENDED LICENSE WHICH IS A VIOLATION OF HIS PAROLE, and taking part in similar behavior to what he was doing last year when this all started.

Similar behavior you claim? Well, where's the weed? Where's the teenage hookers? Where's the handgun? You can spin this thing until you're dizzy in the head but we're still talking about nothing more than a turn signal violation, failure to wear a seatbelt, and driving with a suspended license. It is what it is, which is nothing anyone would get excited about unless it occured within an already churning media frenzy. And as a result of that frenzy we get reactionary fugtards like you claiming that the incident is so serious that the Bengals simply have to cut all ties with Henry.

And they just might.

Because no matter how over-the-top stupid the fan reaction to this type of thing becomes the simple truth is the Bengals can't ignore it anymore. They're increasingly compelled to make grand and empty gestures in the name of righteous goodness, and when the draft rolls around they'll have to refrain from drafting the next Chad Johnson or Corey Dillon because a large faction of their own fanbase would rather see them take a less talented player who presumably reads to blind children on his day off.

It's stupid, but it's our reality.

I think the laest episode costs him at least half the year, and I would not now be suprised to see him gone the entire year.

I know this latest episode is a big nothing when taken alone, but the fact that it happened at all is tantamount to Chris basically saying "I am not going even *attempt* to obey simple laws or meet the terms of my probation. Ya'all can just go screw yourselves. I will do what I want, when I want, no matter what it costs me. I do not care."

So no, none of the wakeup calls have gotten through, and at this point, it's doubtful they ever will.

So no, none of the wakeup calls have gotten through, and at this point, it's doubtful they ever will.

While I find it incredibly unremarkable that Henry is back in the news, I would have bet anything that it would be something interesting. Let's review, he's gotten busted a great number of times without repeating the type of charge. I think he's running out of ideas. It's sad really, when the passion and creativity is gone. Maybe he should be cut -- if all we can look forward to from here on out is "jaywalking with intent to go into a liquor store."

he's in trouble again? let the tedd ginn in rnd 1 mocks start.

I think that Greg Olsen may make more sense. He is the top-rated TE in the draft, 6-6, 4.58 40 time. It is a different kind of offensvie direction for the Bengals, but this latest Henry-ism may make this happen. We've got other receivers who can be the number 3 WR-- Brazell, Perry, etc. Cut ties with Ohenry. He is a turd.

I'M PISSED!

HE SHOULD BE WAITING TABLES AT A PLACE LIKE WINKIE'S.

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU. FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME.

FOOL ME FOR THE TENTH TIME...............WTF?

HE HAS NO REGARD FOR THE LAW. HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE JAYWALKING.

WAIT A MINUTE..........HE WOULD PROBABLY DO WELL ON JAY LENO'S JAYWALKING ALLSTARS.

IDIOT.

I'M DONE!

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU TJ