Bengals Sign Stepanovich

DuffMan

i think wilkerson gets the axe. he sucked when he came in off the bench last season and i dont feel they trust him with protecting our most valued asset. step is a STEP up from wilkerson if you ask me.

i think wilkerson gets the axe. he sucked when he came in off the bench last season and i dont feel they trust him with protecting our most valued asset. step is a STEP up from wilkerson if you ask me.

I thought he played as well or better than Bluto. At least he is quick enough to not get blasted by every defender that hits him.

If not for the surrounding talent on the O-line our centers last season would have really been a problem, as it was it caused alot of disruption to the passing game and in some games completely ruined the running game with inconsistent play.

Hopefully Step will be an upgrade in strength and smarts over both of the backups we currently have at C. IMO he has as good a shot at starting as either Bluto or Wilkerson, it will come down to which of the three has the best camp/preseason.

I dont trust Bluto, have not seen enough of Wilkerson to know and havent seen Step play as a pro, but at least we have a choice between three average players that will give it 100% to be the starter next season.

I dont trust Bluto, have not seen enough of Wilkerson to know and havent seen Step play as a pro, but at least we have a choice between three average players that will give it 100% to be the starter next season.

Agree completely. Personally, I'm rooting for Wilk but I really don't care as long as one of them emerges as a solid starting center.

Why does Hobson go so in depth about a player when we sign one. He like tells Stepanovich's like whole life story, he does it for everyone it is annoying!

Well when he isn't sharing that information, he is annoying all of Bengaldom with his capology. What's a guy to do? :P

OR SIX TEAMS, NO NEW FREE AGENTS

Since free agency opened two weeks ago, 26 teams have signed players who spent the 2006 season with other teams.

Six teams, to date, have not signed a single free agent who played elsewhere last year.

The Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, Bears, and Panthers are the franchises who have opted thus far to stand pat. Of that group, both the Giants and the Ravens have traded for new running backs. But none of this six-pack of teams has inked a new veteran player.

Four other teams have signed only one new player. The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals. The Packers signed cornerback Frank Walker earlier this week. The Steelers signed offensive lineman Sean Mahan over the weekend. And the Titans recently snagged cornerback Nick Harper.

The most active team to date has been the Bucs, with seven new players under contract. The Browns have signed six, and the 49ers, Raiders, and Patriots have signed five.

I wonder if ravens,chargers,giants and bear fans bitch as much as our fans do about FA's.