Updated: K2 a Saint

HoosierCat

Of course it is, and of course they have -- that's the way it was designed: to operate in an era when there were two tiers of players: royalty and peasants. They are, quite obviously based on this year's player exodus, ill-prepared to deal with the emergence of a middle class.

I'd argue that there has always been a middle class in the NFL's free agency, and this year's market destroyed it. I don't think the bottom end players will be paid much differently than before, but the middle area and top end contracts have all gone through the roof.

The class structure now doesn't look balanced in terms of: lower class, middle class, upper class.

Now it looks more like: lower class, upper class, godly class.

I don't fault the Bengals for avoiding that change like the plague, given the likelihood that it slows down within a few seasons. They've locked down their core players during the interim.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Color me who gives a sh*t !!! While I will give credit to KK for coming on last year, he's not a starter and NEVER will be... We need more depth at safety, but I've never been a fan of his and never would be. Go ahead and start the hatred spew in my direction, but I just never liked the guy... So long KK !!!

WHODEY !!!

We found one substitute teacher out of the NFL once, why not again?

Color me who gives a sh*t !!! While I will give credit to KK for coming on last year, he's not a starter and NEVER will be... We need more depth at safety, but I've never been a fan of his and never would be. Go ahead and start the hatred spew in my direction, but I just never liked the guy... So long KK !!!

WHODEY !!!

We found one substitute teacher out of the NFL once, why not again?

Mr. Kaesviharn, I have to pee. Can I go to the bathroom?

(Meanwhile the class is running wild)

:fish::pokey::chair:

You try to lock up your top players to long term contracts so they don't reach free agency. Then you develop your other players so you can replace guys like Kevin Kaesviharn when he leaves so you don't have to pay big money to keep medicore players like him. It's called cycling through players, like Marvin Lewis says. We have guys like Jones and Kilmer to step into his spot, so when they get the chance, they can step up and show what they can do.