Thornton will stay a Bengal

GapControl

Our D-line is not our biggest problem. We have linebackers that cannot tackle and when they do they are 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Jeanty held his own and Brooks can tackle but they both overpursue to much. I think Landon is overrated on this board, he plays a lot because everybody else sucks. He cannot take on a block and he never makes tackles behind the line of scrimmage, he's a body to throw on the field. Caleb has a little potential but he is always injured. Our LB isn't looking very good as of right know. It would be considered one of the worst in the entire NFL. We'll have Frostee next year and another draft pick to mix in w/ Geathers, Smith, Peko, and Sam Adams. Peko is really good DT and Sam is a good tackle when he plays. I don't see much of a difference between Thornton and Robinson, so Thornton would have to go due to his over 4 million dollar cap hit. I think Marvin is to loyal and don't want to get rid of one of the first average FA he picked up. Our D-line is in a better situation than our LB core. If Odell comes back and plays the middle and Brooks and Jeanty play weak and strong, we'll be alright but really raw. A.J. provides good depth and should surpass both Landon and Caleb by the end of the year barring any setbacks. We have way too many question marks w/ the LB's.

Where is all this faith with Shaun Smith coming from?

Anything? Anyone?

Well, he is big and strong... and in the 05 season when B. Robinson was hurt, he played more, and the run defense improved quite a bit. That said, he has a very limited amount of stamina, and if the Browns take him, I will be content with whatever draft pick that affords us.

In other words, we have reasons to like him... but I will admit there is no reason to get carried away.

Where is all this faith with Shaun Smith coming from?

Anything? Anyone?

You see that hanging gut that hangs off Shaun Smith? That`s what they need at that tackle, is that gut! Now, you see those bulging arms that`re bulging off John Thorton? That`s nice because those arms are bulging and they bulge when he is pushing with them arms bulging..... but Wow!!!... that ain`t a hanging gut like Shaun Smith. I think they need to put him at that tackle spot more.