5 yrs 30 million for Graham...Sad

TE Graham agrees to 5-year, $30M deal with BroncosBy John Clayton

GrahamTight end Daniel Graham is No. 5 on ESPN.com's list of the top NFL free agents on the market. Story

After losing defensive end Patrick Kerney in a bidding war to the Seattle Seahawks, the Denver Broncos weren't going to be outdone.

The Broncos outbid the Seahawks for Patriots tight end Daniel Graham in a negotiation that went well into Tuesday. Graham ended up with a five-year, $30 million deal from the Broncos that included $15 million in guarantees.

As negotiations drew to a close, Graham was torn as to which team was best for him. The idea of getting back to Colorado appealed to him. He went to high school in Denver. But the Seahawks situation was also appealing. They wanted to draft him in the first round in 2002.

This dude has only 37 catches in the past two years and they pay him that kind of money, what another joke...glad we got Kelly back for 3 mill yr, much better deal...I only would have paid more for McMicheal, who at least avgs 60 catches a yr, not 20!!!

As far as skills go...I would rather have Randy "I beat my wife" McMichael than either Kelly or Grahmn

Would you take Wifebeater at 4x the cap number of Reggie?

Certainly not

Me either. But I bet that's what McMichael ends up getting, 3-4x Reggie's cap hit. Reggie's cap number is looking to be 1.6-1.8 per bengals.com. Given the insane deals given out lately to TEs (among others) that aren't as good as McMichael, I'd bet he ends up with a deal with a $5M cap hit at least.

So on that basis, I think the Bengals did a helluva job - and nice sale, Carson.