Trade?

El Tigere

As far as (possible) FA RBs are concerned I would be most interested in Lamont Jordan. He is due some big-assed roster bonus in Oakland and scuttlebutt is he'll be released. He never made it as a No. 1 in Oakland but he was a heck of a No. 2 behind Martin with the Jets. Rudi/Jordan...ah, FA pipe dreams, eh?

As far as (possible) FA RBs are concerned I would be most interested in Lamont Jordan. He is due some big-assed roster bonus in Oakland and scuttlebutt is he'll be released. He never made it as a No. 1 in Oakland but he was a heck of a No. 2 behind Martin with the Jets. Rudi/Jordan...ah, FA pipe dreams, eh?

Just to follow up, reports now are that Jordan reworked his deal to stay in Oakland.

I wonder if Buffalo would take Chris Perry for Mcgahee? :lol:

Rudi is the physical presense of this offense. If we lose him, we need to replace him with someone just as physical. Right now, there aren't many options like that available.

I want to stick it out with Rudi until his legs fall off (at which point he and Chris Perry will finally have something in common).

yes, we need new heat! This team isn't working the way it should. Some things are just gonna to have to be shuffled. I would hate it as much as anyone, I love Rudi, but if it's better for the team, then it's better for the team. At this point, I think it would be better.

I have no idea how you people would be willing to trade Rudi after all he's done for this franchise. He had a huge season in first Marvin's first year, and helped us shed the loser label. He is one of the best power backs in the NFL, and he doesn't get credit for it, even among Cincy fans. It's terrible.

Rudi needs a compliment like most other successful NFL teams have these days. Perry is just not reliable, and wish they'd find a way to part ways with him. I've had enough. Can't count on him this year either with his injury. Not sure he'll be 100'% all year again.

I like Chris Brown personally, now that Travis Henry is signed - but am sure Brown will get a nice deal from someone like the Steelers possibly.

I am also a Wynn fan and whomever said he wasn't a good back/prospect, didn't watch the national championship game very closely, or what he did last season for Florida.

I remember Sean Alexander not getting much of a chance in college until his final year - we know what happened with him.

And oh yeah - I think Rudi is a better back than McGahee for this team right now. It's hard to find a guy who rarely gets hurt or *knock on wood* fumbles. Unfortunately for McGahee, those are his two bugaboos.

I have no idea how you people would be willing to trade Rudi after all he's done for this franchise. He had a huge season in first Marvin's first year, and helped us shed the loser label. He is one of the best power backs in the NFL, and he doesn't get credit for it, even among Cincy fans. It's terrible.

Yup. I'll never understand it. McGahee isn't as good as Rudi, and he seems to be an a**h***. We need to start grooming a new back in the next year or two (note: it ain't Perry), but I'm all about letting Rudi soften up D-lines as long as he's productive.

I'd love to see us get a legit scatback who can catch on 3rd down and rock the end-around (and stay healthy), as well as reduce the wear on Rudi. But I'm quite happy penciling Rudi in for 20 carries per game next year.

They're about the same, especially after Rudi lost all that weight. He just wasn't the same back last season as far as power and leg drive go.

Also, from what I've seen, McGahee is actually a little faster than Rudi. He can't catch, but that's not Rudi's forte either. Plus we already have our pass-catching backs ... hmm. I have to admit, I'd like to see this.

Yeah, I really can't believe anyone would want to get rid of Rudi.

"HIS LONGEST RUN WAS ONLY 20 YRDZ LAST SEEZUN!!!!" *froths the fan*

He had a makeshift o-line and still put out. This isn't Madden where you can crazy juke people all the time. This the freaking AFC North. You have to pound it through every play. Rudi is perfect for that.

Yeah, I really can't believe anyone would want to get rid of Rudi.

This the freaking AFC North. You have to pound it through every play. Rudi is perfect for that.

Willie Parker: 337 carries, 1494 yards (4.4 YPC), 13 touchdowns. 139 carries for 587 yards and 6 TDs against the AFC North. He's not exactly a "bruising north and south runner," is he?

Rudi dropped, what was it, 15 pounds in the off season? That really limited his effectiveness IMO, and he wasn't the same back as he was the previous two season. I don't have a number for his yards after contact, but I'm fairly confident saying it was lower than it was in '04 and '05.

No offense, but that's a bit of a cop out. Yes, receiver blocking does matter, but half the time Rudi didn't even make it through the second level to where a receiver's block would matter. Other than that, there's not a whole lot the receivers can do for him.

I mean, let's face it, I didn't see any corners sprinting into the backfield and blowing up two yard gains on HB Iso plays.