BEARS RB STOLEN BY JETS

Now this is what deling is all about, How bout we deal for Lance Briggs, swap 2nd rounders as well!!!

A Starting RB for 2nd round swap....

Sources: Bears to swap Jones for Jets draft pickESPN.com news services

According to league sources, the Bears have agreed to trade RB Thomas Jones and a 2007 second-round pick (No. 63 overall) to the Jets for a 2007 second-round pick -- No. 37 overall -- which was acquired previously in a trade from Washington, ESPN.com's Michael Smith reported. Thomas Jones

Running Back

Chicago Bears

The Jets still have two picks in the second round -- No. 59 and now No. 63.

The Jets and Jones' representative, Drew Rosenhaus, are believed to be working on a new contract with Jones, whose unhappiness with his Bears contract led to him skipping offseason workouts this past season.

The Bears now have the No. 31st (first round) and 37th overall picks.

Wow is it me or bears get screwed? figure thomas could have gotten a 2nd not a trade up.

Yeah, I don't get this one either. I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the Benson basket at this point and Jones had two more years on his deal so there was no pressure to trade. Maybe the powers that be felt the NFC North was too powerful...? :lol: