Kelly, K2 to Cards?

HoosierCat

Interest in Joey Porter may be on reason to cut simmons, but I know he is a 3-4 backer and would difficult to use except as a situational rusher. Marvin must be high on Ahmed and counting on ODELL(hard to believe), but to call them junk? Why all the hate? Brob has his versitality but JT is way over paid(or atleast he was before this years insanity), but i think there would be minimal drop off in performance between him and say peko or Shaun Smith or a future quality draft pick. We would save around 3-4 million, which according to hobson we would lose 2 million. But the younger players would gain experience. I dont know why marvin hates SM. He(SM) seems angry when he plays and I always notice him causing havoc in his limited playing time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interest in Porter is possible, but again, they didn't need to let Brian go -- indeed it seems unwise to do so -- before any deal was signed. I guess they were just being nice and letting him have the best chance to find a job...but then again if they were going to do that they could have done it weeks ago.

I'm down on the LB corps simply because there's so little we can count on. Odell and Pollack are complete unknowns. Ahmad may be something someday...or maybe not. Landon and Caleb are what they are. Jeanty is the only real starter. They have a lot of work to do here.

Maybe Brian Simmons own play was reason enough for him to be cut. After all, he's never been a big play LB, he's never been a physical presence, his nickname of "Quiet Storm" hardly describes the type of vocal veteran leadership most coaches prefer, he's getting a little long in the tooth, and he was coming off an injury that kept him out of games twice as long as anyone expected. In addition, Simmons was the only one of three players who openly complained after Marvin said he expects them to make more big plays next season. (Justin and Fat Sam were the others.)

Disagree with the above? Then explain why the Bengals made no attempt to get Simmons to play for less money.

New England free-agent tight end Daniel Graham has left Oakland and next will visit the Seattle Seahawks, who also are hosting DE Patrick Kerney.

I thought the broncos had signed graham alrdy?

Falcons | Falcons make offer to Kelly

Sun, 4 Mar 2007 12:39:44 -0800

Mark Carnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports unrestricted free-agent TE Reggie Kelly (Bengals) has received a contract offer from the Atlanta Falcons.

nope he hadnt signed he never received an offer from the broncos.

News to me as well. Hopefully the longer it takes him to field offers he likes, the smaller they'll end up being. That would bode well both for the Bengals ability to pursue Graham (should they decide to do so) and resign Kelly.

He wont make it out of Seattle according to Michael Smith. Besides all we would do is overpay him, he is a free agent and a 1st tier free agent so we need to stay away from him at all costs, he might make our team better!

Well we all know the only important factor to consider with free agents is their ability to improve the team. :wacko:*

*I know nobody is making this claim. Sarcasm.

Well if the Bengals don't want to overpay a TE, they should go after Randy McMichael. Course he belted his wife in the face a couple years back so they might not go that route.

He'd be cheap though at $1 mill in 2007, more costly for the last 2 years of his contract. The Fins just signed David Martin from Green Bay and the Fins supposedly want a 3rd for McMichael. The Sun Sentinel in Fla has got him with a $3 mill bonus soon, so it's tick tock. If McMichael hits the open market, some of the teams looking at Graham might back off for awhile.

Still won't change Kelly maybe going to Zona. They need a blocking TE more than a catching one.

Then again the Bengals would have to be able to spread the option over the rest of the contract for McMichael to make it $2 mill for '07. Otherwise it'd be $4 mill and it's back to free agency square one.

Plus they have no 3rd this year to give and McMichael is a wife beater. Sounds llike one among Ronnie Ghent, Tim Day and Gregg Guenther are going to get some work this year. :rolleyes:

He wont draw intrest away from Kelly, look the vikings gave $18 million for a blocking TE in Shicacone. Believe me, there is a ton of intrest, especialy in Arizona for a blocking TE.

New Orleans was one of the teams that attempted to trade for him, so yes, it could draw at least some interest from Kelly.

Geoff's latest. According to him we will know tomorrow:

Tight end Reggie Kelly, due to land in Cincinnati from Oakland Monday evening, plans to make his free-agent decision Tuesday morning from a list of teams that includes the Bengals.

The Bengals, Raiders and Cardinals look to be running ahead of the Falcons with the Bengals’ advantage that they are the incumbent; he’s the starter and a big favorite of the Pro Bowl quarterback.

But there is no telling that if the Bengals are close in money that it will bring Kelly back for a fifth season.

Kelly’s decision is huge in the Bengals’ scheme of things because it will dictate the rest of free agency.

Ah, so the fate of Bengals FA hangs on the whim of Reggie Kelly... :huh: