Any Kings Island fans?

Anybody here that likes going to Kings Island during the summer? They got a new ride this year..It's called Firehawk..It used to be X-Flight at Geauga Lake but it will now be at Kings Island..It sounds pretty sweet..It is a flying roller coaster which means you face the ground when you ride B) It is supposed to open Memorial Day weekend..Can't wait till it opens up! I got a season pass so I should be attending a lot..Maybe one day in the summer we can all meet up there :D

Anyways heres a pic of Firehawk..The track color will change as it will be red and grey and the trains will be red and yellow

GL-X-Flight.jpg

I only go once or twice per summer, but yeah it's always a good time. A lot of those new fancy rides are kinda lame though... The Beast is still my favorite ride there.

I would have to say Face-Off or Delirium is my favorite ride..This Firehawk ride sounds sweet though.

It certainly looks cool in the picture. "Firehawk" is an odd name considering the green color scheme.

Those huge waterslides in the water park also rule.

If you didnt see in my post they are changing the track color to red and grey and the cars will be red and yellow :)

Living in Nashville, I REALLY miss Kings Island. My wife and I still get to go every other year or so, but it's not as often as we'd like.

I was really bummed when they got rid of King Cobra.

eh im not that mad they did...the line for that was a bitch and took forever just to get on the ride and the ride wasnt even that long..yes the ride was fun just to short of a ride for that long of a line

Wow, thats awesome. I rode X-Flight at 6 Flags a couple years ago and it is definitely one of my favorite roller coasters i've rode (behind The Beast which is still #1). I will definitely be going to Kings Island this summer so i can ride that.

I've been going to Kings Island my whole life... and I had never been to Cedar Point until last year. I went to Cedar Point and i really did not like as much as Kings Island. Maybe its just because I know where everything is and I'm used to it at Kings Island.

Like I said, it will be hard for anything ever to top The Beast. Nothing compares.

Been to both multiple times and like both but, Cedar Point blows King's Island away. Two summers ago, for something different, I took the family to Kennywood in Pittsburgh and even this small park is better than KI. If you like classic wooden coasters (mostly out and backs) Kennywood is worth the trip.

I have been to 6 flags Chicago, Universal (FL), Kennywood, Busch Gardens (FL), Navy Pier (Chicago), King's Island and Cedar Point, and Cedar Point is by far the best park in the bunch. The only problem with Cedar Point is the unbelievable lines/wait times. Kennywood was by far the best park for lines/wait times, when we were there I overheard locals complaining about having to wait 15 minutes to get on a coaster. They told me that they had never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes to ride any coaster there. They will probably never go to Cedar Point after me telling them about the 1-2 hour waits for some of the biggest coasters @ the Point.

I hate Kings Island. It's like the hair backed hygienless yokels come out of the woodwork to take their family vacation at KI. But I guess if i had to choose a favorite rollercoaster there, it would be the beast.

I hate Kings Island. It's like the hair backed hygienless yokels come out of the woodwork to take their family vacation at KI. But I guess if i had to choose a favorite rollercoaster there, it would be the beast.

Won't argue there. :lol:

Nothing worse that sitting behind a person like that on a roller coaster, and having their stench washed over you going down a hill.

I was just looking online and saw that they removed the loop from Son of Beast. I didn't know they did that. I know it was closed down last year because some people got hurt, but I didn't know they removed the loop. I wish they would just take that whole thing down and put something new in its place. I hate that thing. I don't mind when wooden roller coasters are a little rough (like the Beast) but the Son of Beast is wayyyyy too rough and just isn't very fun.

Although it is better than Top Gun...if you blink on Top Gun, you'll miss the entire ride. It takes you longer to walk through all the empty lines to get to the station than the actual ride lasts.

Does anyone know where Firehawk is going to be?

I was just looking online and saw that they removed the loop from Son of Beast. I didn't know they did that. I know it was closed down last year because some people got hurt, but I didn't know they removed the loop. I wish they would just take that whole thing down and put something new in its place. I hate that thing. I don't mind when wooden roller coasters are a little rough (like the Beast) but the Son of Beast is wayyyyy too rough and just isn't very fun.

Although it is better than Top Gun...if you blink on Top Gun, you'll miss the entire ride. It takes you longer to walk through all the empty lines to get to the station than the actual ride lasts.

Does anyone know where Firehawk is going to be?

They are supposed to make the Son of Beast a lot smoother. I don't see it happening though. It is supposed to have new lighter trains so it doesent whip you around so much.

Firehawk will be placed around the Racer and Flight of Fear.

I take it for granted living so close. I'm about 3o-4o mins away. Seems like everytime I end up going back, I just feel burned out. We would go there in the Summer probably like 25-40 times as kids/teenagers.

I'm old-school too, The Beast at night is the BEST! Absolutely hate Face-Off. Vortex, ehhhh unless in front with hands up! Warhawk looks freaking sweet as Hezell. I'll wait a couple years or try to go on like a TUesday before the Summer hits... Or I can just go in there with a ankle brace and get a wheelchair... Straight to the front of the line baby. We used to do that as kids all the time, lol.

Damn, that brings back some memories. They should bring back the Smurf ride damnit! I can't tell you how many chicks I made out with on that ride. :lmao:

I take it for granted living so close. I'm about 3o-4o mins away. Seems like everytime I end up going back, I just feel burned out. We would go there in the Summer probably like 25-40 times as kids/teenagers.

I'm old-school too, The Beast at night is the BEST! Absolutely hate Face-Off. Vortex, ehhhh unless in front with hands up! Warhawk looks freaking sweet as Hezell. I'll wait a couple years or try to go on like a TUesday before the Summer hits... Or I can just go in there with a ankle brace and get a wheelchair... Straight to the front of the line baby. We used to do that as kids all the time, lol.

Damn, that brings back some memories. They should bring back the Smurf ride damnit! I can't tell you how many chicks I made out with on that ride. :lmao:

Nooooo...they took away the Smurf ride!?!?! Say it ain't so!

I bet that place drastically changed since I been there last.

Do they still have the Winterfest or whatever it was called. I have always wanted to skate the fountains! :sure:

Nooooo...they took away the Smurf ride!?!?! Say it ain't so!

I bet that place drastically changed since I been there last.

Do they still have the Winterfest or whatever it was called. I have always wanted to skate the fountains! :sure:

Not anymore.

Edodge, It must be 10 years since you've last visited Kings Island? They changed a lot when it was sold to Parmount. I believe it's owned by another company now.

I probably won't go back for a couple years, at least not until my daughter gets a little older. The Nickolodean section is really sweet for kids. They really built the kids part of the park up over the last 10 years.