Yamon Figurs

kentjett

Yamon Figurs WR-Kansa State

What round do you guys think we can pick him up in. He is the best return man in draft and he is also the best gunner in the draft. Our special teams would recieve a significant upgrade on both sides of the ball. We would have the best 2 gunners in the NFL and we would have a good return game. We could finally kick Ratliff out of the return game. He ran a 4.3-40 ( fastest time so far) in the combine and also had a 39 inch vertical. Hopefully he will drop to the fourth but he will probably go in the third.

Yeah, I don't think we'd be able to get him on the second day.

A good local kid to think about in the late rounds for a returner/gunner role could be Ryne Robinson out of Miami (Ohio). His 40 time wasn't anything great (4.49 I think), but he has great vision and change of direction skills as a kick or punt returner.

I never heard anything about his return game either but here is some information to back it all up.

As per Kansas State's website...

"Courtesy: Kansas State University

Release: 03/24/2006

Skilled receiver with 4.29 speed in the 40... Considered to be one of the Big 12’s top deep threats... Is also a dangerous kickoff return man... Has been among K-State’s top receivers each of the past two seasons."

"Ranks second in the Big 12 and 16th nationally in punt returns with a 12.2 average through 11 games... His 12.2 punt return average ranks ninth in K-State single-season history... Also ranks sixth on K-State’s career punt return yardage chart with 475... Has recorded the longest punt return in the Big 12 this season with his 81-yarder for a touchdown against Illinois State... K-State’s third-leading receiver with 28 catches for 418 yards and three touchdowns... Is one of 21 all-time receivers at K-State to crack 1,000 receiving yards and ranks 18th on the school career receiving yards chart with 1,144 yards... Also ranked 10th in the league with his 81.3 all-purpose yard average in conference games... Has rushed for two touchdowns this season on just three carries... Caught a pass in 10-of-11 games and had multiple catches in nine games... Has recorded two 100-yard receiving games this season... Had a huge game against Texas with a career-high 123 yards receiving and two touchdowns... Also had a 52-yard punt return that set up another score against the Longhorns... Was named the Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week after his performance against Texas... Scored two touchdowns, one receiving and one rushing, at Colorado... Had a key 17-yard catch on the game-winning fourth quarter drive against Oklahoma State... Caught four passes for 101 yards at Baylor, including a career-long 68-yarder... Had two catches for 24 yards and a 38-yard TD run on a reverse against Florida Atlantic... The fastest Wildcat and one of the speediest players in the Big 12 with 4.29 speed."

He's a ST ace all around and he was always mentioned as one of the top PR/KR guys that would be drafted for that purpose. He's also probably the best punt gunner to come out of this draft as well and the further he drops the more tempting he will be. I don't see why he can't be an Az Hakim type WR as well, he's shown some solid potential there. He'd be worth a 6th for sure... He'd immediately contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Figurs from the East/West Shrine Game, he has big play ability but he's very slight, reminds me alot of Jamaal Brussard. Seeing as we have KR/PR out the wazuu, I can't see us using a draft pick on him, but some team will as he has exceptional speed and quickness. If he can bulk up to withstand the beating he will get in the NFL he could be a Dante Hall type of player.

I like Figurs but don't think he will be a Bengal.