Just say no to CB's with LB speed.

Kazkal

I'd have to say that Hall pretty much established himself as the #1 corner with his performance. Houston no doubt tore it up but Hall is experienced in a wider variety of coverages and answered the athletic well enough for teams.

Either one would be useful for the Bengals but Houston wouldn't be as ready to play any kind of zone coverage. The good thing about Houston would be the Bengals could scrap their Tory James tailored coverage and have 2 shutdown corners wide with more man and free up more blitzing. If the Bengals are committed to Justin Smith as a DE, they'll have to find a way to get more pressure on the QB and a couple man corners with a centerfielder as good as Madieu could be the boost the Bengals need to finally get over the defensive hump.

But if the Bengals want to stick with their guns in coverage, they might want to consider Fred Bennett in the 2nd. He quietly had an excellent untelevised combine with a sub 4.5 time, top 1 or 2 in his group with jumps and 17 reps. Either him or McCauley if McCauley lasts that long, which I doubt he will.

But if the Bengals want to stick with their guns in coverage, they might want to consider Fred Bennett in the 2nd. He quietly had an excellent untelevised combine with a sub 4.5 time, top 1 or 2 in his group with jumps and 17 reps. Either him or McCauley if McCauley lasts that long, which I doubt he will.

Mike Mayoch has been pimping Texas CB Tarrell Brown as his 5th rated CB, ahead of McCauley.

Question. Where is Eric Wright projected to go? He was impressive at USC and was one of the fastest and smoothest CB's working in the drills today. Ignoring his baggage I'd say he looked as good or better than many of the projected 1st round prospects.

Wright has character concerns so I dont see him as an option (somehow they found a huge amount of ecstacy in the apartment he shared with his buddies). He's looking like a 2nd rounder though.

I'm all for Revis at this point, then Houston. If not Johnathan Wade or Bennett.

I don't like McCauley. Not because I think he's just a workout warrior but he just doesn't seem to have the heart you'd like to get out of your players.

I doubt the Bengals go near Wright or Tarrell. Wright had a rape allegation to go along with a drug charge and Brown had a weapons and dope charge.

Both got the tools, though and it will be interesting to see this year how teams view good players with checkered pasts like these 2 and Marcus Thomas. Maybe character enters into the equation more than in the past for teams but I doubt it. Talent trumps, especially if a player's brush with the law is at least a season removed. If some team feels that way Wright could go in the 1st round and Brown in the 2nd.

I doubt the Bengals go near Wright or Tarrell. Wright had a rape allegation to go along with a drug charge and Brown had a weapons and dope charge.

Both got the tools, though and it will be interesting to see this year how teams view good players with checkered pasts like these 2 and Marcus Thomas. Maybe character enters into the equation more than in the past for teams but I doubt it.

I agree. But without a 3rd round pick I'll be curious to see if the Bengals turn a blind eye towards players like Thomas and Wright if either of them falls into the 4th round. Frankly, I'm not sure they will.

What's more...I'm not sure I want them to.

Both got the tools, though and it will be interesting to see this year how teams view good players with checkered pasts like these 2 and Marcus Thomas. Maybe character enters into the equation more than in the past for teams but I doubt it.

I agree. But without a 3rd round pick I'll be curious to see if the Bengals turn a blind eye towards players like Thomas and Wright if either of them falls into the 4th round. Frankly, I'm not sure they will.

What's more...I'm not sure I want them to.

Somebody's gonna draft them and in the 4th, might as well be the Bengals. The only problem I got with any more potential risk picks is the detriment they can cause when they get relied on to start and don't get to show up and play.