TJ looking for new deal?

ShulaSteakhouse

Reggie wayne is as much as a 1# as marvin harrison when he got paid...he will be the clear number 1 when marvin retires...TJ may want a extension that will add years but I doubt he holdouts since he took less money to stay with us then hit FA market and have some team overpay for him....ala seahawks or redskins who gave avg wrs big contracts

More TJ. Less Chad. :huh:

I wouldn't make much out of the fact that TJ has hired a new agent. In the last two seasons TJ has become a rather high profile player due to his production on the field, being blessed with a name that is delightfully hard for outsiders to say, and smoldering good looks. (According to my wife.) Add it all up and the guy is a natural product endorser if he's got the type of agent that can get him those types of deals. And there's the rub since the expertise of most player agents is based soley on contract language.

Housh is signed through the '08 season. If he hits FA in March of '09 he'll be on the market as a 32-year-old No. 2 wideout...not exactly top-drawer status, IMHO. Frankly, I have no idea whether he is in their plans beyond '08. Certainly we have a lot of young WR talent. We shall see.

I'm not sure I really understand that Reggie Wayne comparisons. Is it that they are both #2's? You can make some real arguments that Wayne is the #1 in Indy, and if not now, he will eventually be as Harrison will be 35 at the start of this season.

But even with the #2 talk... that is where the similarities end. Over the last 3 years Wayne has caught for almost 200 more yards/year, 2 more TD/year and has 2 more yards/catch. Wayne is producing #1 stats, because he happens to be a #1 who plays with Marvin Harrison.

Not bashing Housh at all. He is in my opinion the best possession receiver in the NFL... but possession receivers aren't #1's, and can't demand #1 money. That's what Meshawn's problem has been in this league.

All of that to say, I'd be willing to pay Housh the best money a #2 can get, but Reggie Wayne is making #1 money... because he's a #1 receiver. Housh just isn't.