Bengals seven round mock.

ChadJohnson-85

1. ILB-Patrick Willis-Mississippi 397427.jpeg

2. RB-Garrett Wolfe-Northern Illinois wolfe1002ap.jpg

3. S-Brandon Meriweather-Miami Florida/Chris Perry Traded for 3rd round pick. 349400.jpg

4. TE-Scott Chandler-Iowa chandler-td.jpg

5. DT-Turk McBride-Tennessee 348624.gif

6. WR-Steve Breaston-Michigan um38.jpg

7. LB-Anthony Waters-Clemson 252772.jpg

Already speculating Chris Perry trades? Must be a Bengals offseason. :lol:

That looks like a good collection of picks, though I'd agree Wolfe would be a reach and Merriweather will be gone in the third. Despite my doubts that the Bengals pursue a tight end in the draft, I'd like the Chandler pick. He's a pretty good blocker with great hands.

Kazkals 7rounder

Round 1

1-CHRIS-HOUSTON-150.JPG

CB:Chris Houston-His stock is rising and I like speedy corners

Backup:Revis

Round 2

649556.jpeg

OLB:Desmond Bishop to take over Landons job as backup to all postions,

backup:Probbley SLB or MLB type of player if odell doesn't return.

Round 4

2389116.jpg

Paul Soliai - Big DT to learn behind Sam

Backup:Stanley Doughty

round 5

ULA%20Monroe%20kevin%20Payne.jpg

Kevin Payne- SS of the future learns behind dexter...c

Backup: Sabby Piscitelli

Round 6

Brandon McDonald-CB for depth or just enter random punt returner

backup:some random player

Round 7

Palauni Ma Sun-Guard depth / late round project

backup:some random player

FA:Sign Danial Graham

Resign:landon,K2 & larson

Notable roster things

TE's:Graham,Kelly Day or Ghent

LB:Odell get's a shot but is 3rd on the depth chart.

Kevin Payne- SS of the future learns behind dexter...c

here's an interesting article about Payne at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../701260334/1006

I'd be suprised if he doesn't clock closer to 4.5 than 4.3 and he's borderline Day 1 at best but his agent is right to boost him as best he can.

Watching him play is a trip. He's vicious and all over the field. The main rap on him should be his ability to turn and run in coverage. He looked stiff and slow to get into his run once a WR got behind him in 1-on-1 drills at the Senior Bowl. Like a lot of safeties, he has a tendency to tackle shoulder first and it's probably compounded in his own mind by the steel plate in his forearm that he got after he shattered it. He also had a knee infection that IIRC required surgery at the end of the season but he looked fast coming foward at the Bowl, especially in the game where he showed how he detonates when he cleans up the pile and showed the lateral speed he's got in coming across the field to knock the slop out of Tony Hunt down the sideline. Overall, the way he plays looks a lot like another small school physical safety who went in Day 2 -- Rodney Harrison.

Payne was also his team's punter, which will add some appeal to teams as an emergency punter.

Safety is going to be an interesting position in the draft this year. There's a gob of really good ones who should start flying off the board from rounds 3 to 5 and I'd like to see Payne in stripes.

There's a lot of good safeties with varied strengths that should start flying off the board come the 4th and Payne could be one but may be there in the 5th too. I thought he needed to show he coould hang 1-on-1 with WR wide better than he did on the glimpses of him in drills shown during the Senior Bowl. He's fine covering over the middle coming face forward but I didn't think he could turn well enough to really make teams be in awe of him. I watched him play against a spread with 5WRs and he was a machine but there were no tests with balls thrown over coverage against him. This is a good year to pick a safety in round 4 or 5.