Donnie Edwards

volcom69

Now here is a guy they should go after in free agency i just read the chargers are leting him go. I think he could be the leader this defense needs, but once again Mavin says he dont beleive in bringing any big name free agents in and wants to just play with what they got. Im so sick of every year it always happens i get so excited for free agency and then realize Mavin never wants anyone. So instead of a new leader for the def or someone who can really help this D we will tag Justin, who i do like very much but i think its time we try other things. Its time Marvin realizes that this Def sucked when he got here and sucks now that something isnt working, and maybe he should change it. Anyways i think this guy would be great.

Donnie Edwards ? FOR WHAT ?

Dont get me wrong, I think he has been one of the more under-rated LB's in the league for years, but

C'MON SERIOUSLY...They need to be looking for a LB who can produce for years to come, and although Edwards still had a good year, HE"LL BE 34 BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS(actually in 2 months)

Why bring someone in who probably only has 1 or 2 decent(halfway-decent) seasons left in him?

If they bring in a LB it has to be someone who they can see in their plans for at least 5 seasons, otherwise its only hurting them by taking away valuable playing(learning) time away from a youngster(Brooks)

If Edwards goes anywhere (I dont see the Chargers leeting him go)

It will likely be to an older team who is trying to Win Now because their window is closing, The Bengals are the opposite, a young team on the rise with a young Key players locked-up for years