LOST

WhoDey42

Does anyone watch Lost? Did you see last night? It's finally back on after being off for like 13 weeks or whatever and no repeats for 3 months!

I thought last night's episode was very good. It set up a lot and showed a little bit about how the others were recruited. I think the most interesting part was the slideshow that the man was showing Juliet in the flashback. The big question is who's baby that is in one of the slides. I'm guessing it is Claire's baby because the guy said the mom was in her twenties. Maybe something is wrong with Claire and they're trying to recruit Juliet to help Claire? I dont know, just an idea.

How "lost" can they be with a camera man there filming? :blink:

You're such a dork. :lmao:

YES, Lost IS BACK! I love the show. Remember it's a flashback so Claire hadn't had the baby yet... plus she had it on the Island anyway. I do wonder if that process was used on Sun -- remember, her husband can't "give" and we know she had an affair. So that's something to wonder. I don't think we know why they abducted Claire other than to steal her baby... which is still in the air as to why.

I thought last night's episode was pretty good... it at least solved the cliff hanger from the last November episode. I thought they really tried to humanize the Others a little more. "By the way, my name is Tom." Trying to show some humility.

However, Ben is, and always has been, one creepy mofo!

You're such a dork. :lmao:

YES, Lost IS BACK! I love the show. Remember it's a flashback so Claire hadn't had the baby yet... plus she had it on the Island anyway. I do wonder if that process was used on Sun -- remember, her husband can't "give" and we know she had an affair. So that's something to wonder. I don't think we know why they abducted Claire other than to steal her baby... which is still in the air as to why.

I thought last night's episode was pretty good... it at least solved the cliff hanger from the last November episode. I thought they really tried to humanize the Others a little more. "By the way, my name is Tom." Trying to show some humility.

'Yeah, after I posted that, I realized that thats probably not the case. Juliet said she's been there for over 3 years, so it probably wasn't Claire since she had the baby on the island.

About Ben, thats gotta be one of the best characters on TV. And he has to be one of the best actors. I love that character. When he first appeared all I could think about was he was the guy from Saw. And I thought that his character was like a one episode guy, but he has really been the entire show since then.

The ONLY thing that I disapprove of so far is that stupid mist/monster creature in the forrest. I just don't see how they can explain that one in a reasonable manner...

HAS to do with something on the Zoology area that Jack is being held at... I guess. I haven't a clue where that'll go. Just seems like when it appears and takes on the form of something, the person that recognizes it in the form of their brother, friend, son, etc.. they die. Well, Ecko and Shannon is all that comes to mind. Then again, Kate saw a black horse.

I was pleased with the episode last night as well.

The ONLY thing that I disapprove of so far is that stupid mist/monster creature in the forrest. I just don't see how they can explain that one in a reasonable manner...

yeah, i agree. It is kind of annoying. Some of the other things on the show are very weird and impossible, but at least they can be explained. the smoke monster is a little too sci-fi for me. But, kirkendall is right, it might be just in their imagination and everyone sees it differently.

Another thing...when the writers wrote the first episode and they put the story about Jack operating on the girl and messing up, do you think they planned on coming back to that story in season 3? If so, and they have this show planned out in that much detail, that is some amazing writing.

I was pleased with the episode last night as well.

yeah, i agree. It is kind of annoying. Some of the other things on the show are very weird and impossible, but at least they can be explained. the smoke monster is a little too sci-fi for me. But, kirkendall is right, it might be just in their imagination and everyone sees it differently.

Another thing...when the writers wrote the first episode and they put the story about Jack operating on the girl and messing up, do you think they planned on coming back to that story in season 3? If so, and they have this show planned out in that much detail, that is some amazing writing.

The Creators keep emphasizing that everything... and I mean EVERYTHING... has a story to it and will be told. A lot of the questions you have now, they say, will likely be answered in season 4. Fine by me. I mean, it's Wednesday. What else is there?

The only thing that DOES bother me about the smoke monster is that it's becoming a convenient excuse to kill off characters. Then nothing. Not a peep. No one talks about it. We don't see it nor hear it.

I've read that the writers of the show are heavily influenced by Stephen King's "The Stand" (it was the book the "others" were reading at their book club meeting). You should definantly give that book a read if you haven't because most agree (including me) that it's King's best book. There is a character in the book named Randall Flagg (he appears in other King books as well) that plays the main bad guy. He has lived many lives (he can't remember them all), he can take on any appearance he wants, but usually appears as an average looking man wearing average looking clothes, he has a knack for manipulation, and he loves gathering extremists and prodding them into doing very bad things. I think Ben is based on this character.

If you remember when Sun was kidnapped she had a bag over her head and they show a needle being put in her. Or was that Claire they showed w/ the needle? Tooooooo much going on to remember every detail. But I LOVE this show anyway. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I can't help it I love this show. And WTF with Desmond being able to see the future?

If you remember when Sun was kidnapped she had a bag over her head and they show a needle being put in her. Or was that Claire they showed w/ the needle? Tooooooo much going on to remember every detail.

Hmmmm..... I remember that, but I can't remember if it was Claire or Sun that was given the shot. Good thinking though... if it was Sun, that would make a lot of sense and ties everything together.

But I LOVE this show anyway. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I can't help it I love this show.

I know.... I'm like the only person I know that watches the show, or at least pays enough attention to it. I've never really gotten into a show like this, and everyone thinks I'm stupid whenever I say something about it. Theres too many questions.... I find myself sitting in class thinking about what the hell is going on in the show.

Theres a free podcast on iTunes called Lost Podcast w/ Jay and Jack. I listen to some of it every once in a while...its pretty interesting. They get pretty crazy how much they analyze each show... and they usually point out a bunch of things that I would never catch.

God, I feel like a nerd.

And WTF with Desmond being able to see the future?

Well, I think those in the hatch when it exploded (really only Locke and Desmond now) had a "special power" of sorts. Locke, remember, was able to communicate with something or someone to find Ecko in the Bear's cave.

If you remember when Sun was kidnapped she had a bag over her head and they show a needle being put in her. Or was that Claire they showed w/ the needle?

I don't remember if Sun got the needle, but I believe that (fertilizing through the needle like Judith's sister) will be the truth as to how she got pregnant. Nothing with the affair and it isn't her husband. Just a guess...

What'd you think of last nights episode?

I thought it was great. It was weird having a show with no Jack, Kate, or Sawyer at all. It was just one big flashback, but it was really cool how they went back in time and showed all of the things that would happen to Desmond. And I guess we have a good idea of who is going to die next. Looks like its a matter of time before Charlie is gone.

And WTF with Desmond being able to see the future?

Well, I think those in the hatch when it exploded (really only Locke and Desmond now) had a "special power" of sorts. Locke, remember, was able to communicate with something or someone to find Ecko in the Bear's cave.

If you remember when Sun was kidnapped she had a bag over her head and they show a needle being put in her. Or was that Claire they showed w/ the needle?

I don't remember if Sun got the needle, but I believe that (fertilizing through the needle like Judith's sister) will be the truth as to how she got pregnant. Nothing with the affair and it isn't her husband. Just a guess...

Remember with Locke, he made himself a sweat tent and made a concoction to hallucinate to forsee Ecko in the bear cave. He didn't have a "special power" it was something he learned when he was at that marijuana camp.

Now what I think about it...did I see Spain at that camp? :D

And good call I forgot about Sun getting kidnapped and possibly stuck with the needle...

What did everyone think about last nights episode? A little weird and opened up a new question for the show. But at least three of the questions are supposed to be answered. We'll see...

You know, they could produce the worst episode and I'll call it a good one anyway. I'm too biased towards the show to really offer a quality opinion of good and bad. Some just want the Jack, Sawyer and Kate story line and nothing else. Personally, the show it great with all the characters. Anyway...

With that said, last nights show was sweet. Very different. I know not much advanced, but I believe they are setting up Desmond for something big.

- Is Desmond's ability to see into the future something that will play a role in recovering Jack? We know Desmond isn't specifically seeing Charlie and his deaths. He's had other "flashes" that involved others (Locke's speech, for example).

- Was the show primarily to setup Charlie's eventual death? (I agree Sky, thank goodness)

- Were these really flashbacks or did the Others experiment on him like they did with Carl -- but obviously something much different. Did someone pick up Desmond after the explosion and experiment on him? He awoke near the explosion. But why was he naked without any significant injuries?

- I ask about the flashbacks because they weren't. He was aware of the Island and recognized Charlie. The Jewelry shop woman talked with him reminding him of the importance of not marrying Penny and pushing the button the Island.

- If these were flashbacks, why would the jewelry woman reiterate that importance to go the Island. If it were a flashback, it would have no consequence either way (unless of course, it was a subconscious thing that set up Desmond's thought that no matter what he does, he can't change the future). But it seemed like this was a result of the Others, or someone similar, doing an experiment. Remember, this took place at about the time Jack, Sawyer and Kate were JUST being captured.

- Does Lost mean lost time?

I agree, there's a lot of questions.

There's a theory being floated out there that the explaination of many things in Lost is the theory of Parallel Universes. From Wiki:

A multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of multiple possible universes (including our universe) that together comprise all of physical reality. The different universes within a multiverse are called parallel universes. The structure of the multiverse, the nature of each universe within it and the relationship between the various constituent universes, depend on the specific multiverse hypothesis considered.

Where one thing exists, it may not in another. And the button was the gateway into different universes.

When Desmond didn't push the button the first time, the plane crashed. Did the Losties travel into a parallel universe where Locke is no longer paralyzed, where Rose no longer has cancer, where Sun is pregnant and Jin is actually the father, etc..

Did Desmond, when the hatch imploded, fall into a different multiverse?

More so, researching the M-Theory comes this:

M-theory is not yet complete; however it can be applied in many situations (usually by exploiting string theoretic dualities). The theory of electromagnetism was also in such a state in the mid-19th century; there were separate theories for electricity and magnetism and, although they were known to be related, the exact relationship was not clear until James Clerk Maxwell published his equations. Witten has suggested that a general formulation of M-theory will probably require the development of new mathematical language. However, some scientists (e.g. Peter Woit) have questioned the tangible successes of M-theory given its current incompleteness, and limited predictive power, even after so many years of intense research.

Meaning that a different universe could exist that doesn't comply with what we know as the laws of physics...

HUMMMMM....

I really didn't know what to think during the episode. When they showed him turning the key, and it automatically showed him laying on the floor in his apartment (They didn't play the sound that they usually play as it is going to a flashback--that could mean something). I didn't know if it meant that he was automatically transported home after he turned the key or what the hell was happening.

One weird thing that someone mentioned is what Charlie was like in Desmond's flashback. He was playing his guitar on the corner...which doesn't seem like he's a rockstar like he was before he was on the island. Also, when Desmond said something about knowing Charlie from the island Charlie said "This is why you don't do drugs." So did this "flashback" take place before Charlie was a rockstar and addicted to drugs or was is Charlie just a completely different character in the flashback.

About the whole time thing... I've seen people talking about this since the first season how it seems like time is completely different on the island. When they used to live in the cave in the middle of the jungle, they would leave the cave in daylight and by the time they got to the beach, it would be the middle of night. So something is weird about the time.

So did this "flashback" take place before Charlie was a rockstar and addicted to drugs or was is Charlie just a completely different character in the flashback.

Alternate universe!!!! :)

Also, wasn't it mentioned that Desmond was in the military in a previous flashback? If it was, then during the interview with Penny's father, he said he was never in the military.

Yes, Kirk...the idea that time somehow works differently on the island is a very popular theory.

I should rephrase that. I'm not speaking on a condition of strictly time. I'm thinking quantum physics. An alternate universe that explains (well, not really explain, but directionally motivate) "missing props" and changes. The shape and design of the hatch to the Pearl wasn't the same in consecutive episodes. That type of thing.