Senior Bowl Thread

Kazkal

At 240 Willis still has some freaking burners when he chased down that WR...he has been owned by few blocks by linemen but still happy with his play so far....

Theres been talk about us taking replacement for perry,what would you guys think of Brian Leonard if he was there in rnd 2?Could feel perrys role as passcatching RB and Watsons as Passblocking...I don't wanna see offense day 1 but I woulden't complain if we did take a look at him.

Willis is definitely a blaster in the box but, again, he showed his limitations in coverage. The Bengals probably already got a LB like this in Ahmad Brooks.

Leonard is something else and he'll have an impact wherever he goes. Doesn't have the breakaway speed but he's not slow either. Doubt the Bengals would draft him but obviously they've been talking with RBs and I would think Leonard and Hunt would both be the best power runner/blitz blocking/backfield receivers in this draft. Maybe also Michael Bush.

One of the players that impressed me most was Brandon Meriweather playing CB after Aaron Ross got knocked out of the game and getting the strip on the ball plus breaking up a couple passes. I think he'll be looked at fairly high as a CB. I'd pretty much bagged Meriweather as a limited free safety but he is has a clear shot to ascend as a CB with man skills.

Others impressive:

North WRs: Aundrae Allison, Paul Williams and especially Jason Hill all look like they'll find themselves called in Day 1.

North D-Line: Okoye buried solid guards in Tim Duckworth and Justin Blalock to get one sack and one hurry. Adam Carriker played LDE and benefitted from a missed TE chip on a boot and faced an undersized RB in a block attempt but still showed he's at least a solid LDE 4-3 prospect and proabably a major 3-4 DE one. Brandon Mebane showed the same dogged determination and ability to penetrate that he showed all week.

Not impressive:

Joe Staley LT for the South twice let DE Jay Moore go in untouched for sacks plus got beat on an inside move by Moore that led to QB fumble.

The QBs: Tyler Palko looked like the best one out there. Obviously he's not anything more than a late Day 2 prospect but the QBs looked pedestrian except for a few decent throws by Drew Stanton and Troy Smith.

Schwein do you see brooks playing mlb or slb for us in the future?

Merrweather was impressive this week but if we even sniffed him all the hate we would get for character issues...even though I really don't see the U fight that bad he was barley swinging his helmet at fully padded players and over 100+ people were fighting

Biggest surprise? Antonio Johnson, DT, Mississippi State

Everything I can find points to him being a very late round draft choice, but he looked alot better than that to me during the game, and all week long during drills. Very good size, better than average speed and athleticism, and very active. This was my first look at this guy and I was impressed enough to want another.

Biggest disappointment- Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

I'm still a little excited about the growing probability that he'll be around when the Bengals pick, but that's only due to what he flashed last season. All I see now is a poorly conditioned athlete who seems to be sleepwalking. What happened to this guy?

i just caught the first half. i was not really impressed by willis he got trucked twice in the redzone once by tony hunt who just bulled him over second by a o-lineman again willis just got bulled over. i liked what i seen from hunt, okoye, patterson, chandler, palko but no one really stood out. i really don't care for how the rules are during this game . i understand they are trying to protect everyone but, you don't see what these guys can actually do.

i really don't care for how the rules are during this game . i understand they are trying to protect everyone but, you don't see what these guys can actually do.

Agreed. In fact, so many NFL teams consider the game itself to be of so little importance that 30 teams pulled their staffs after Thursday's practice...leaving only the coaching staffs of the North and South squads.

Willis did have some problems with linemen but I remember people making big deal out of Leonard knocking him over...it's like it's kinda easy when a linemen is alrdy on willis and then leonard hits him.

agree o-linemen can make the best of lb's look week, but hunt just flat out ran him over. i can't rember if it was hunts td run or a play before that. it was on the first scoring drive for the north.

i really don't care for how the rules are during this game . i understand they are trying to protect everyone but, you don't see what these guys can actually do.

Agreed. In fact, so many NFL teams consider the game itself to be of so little importance that 30 teams pulled their staffs after Thursday's practice...leaving only the coaching staffs of the North and South squads.

I noticed that too...kinda funny the practices are more importent then the game it's self.

• 2 weeks later...