Henry Jailed

AMC

I find it interesting to note that the judge has a soft spot in his heart for accused murderers, but reads the riot act to somebody who just fed her gin & juice. Interesting perspective. Henry is a moron, no doubt, but shoudn't giving alcohol to a minor rank a little below trying to kill somebody?

That my friends is what you can officially call a "SLAP ON THE WRIST". :excitedgroup:

I cracked up when I read he'll have to pay $250 in court costs. Sheesh, that's only $100 more than I had to pay when a rattan loveseat flew out of the back of my pickup truck and fell onto the roadway.

HOF -- you're a cancer -- it's time you grew up and learned to secure items in your truck.

That my friends is what you can officially call a "SLAP ON THE WRIST". :excitedgroup:

I cracked up when I read he'll have to pay $250 in court costs. Sheesh, that's only $100 more than I had to pay when a rattan loveseat flew out of the back of my pickup truck and fell onto the roadway.

:lmao:

BUT, does this mean all of Henry's court proceeding are behind him???? Are there any others out there????

So, what does that mean for suspensions. No DUI. Another slap on the wrist for the 15 yr old girls. So does that mean he is done with the courts on all counts?(as long as he stays clean from here on out)

Assuming he stays clean( huge assumption) - does anyone think he will be sat any more games?

I'll admit to having a hard time keeping track of Henry's crime spree. However, I think the DUI is the last existing charge. While I've heard that the evidence sucks and the state will have a hard time prosecuting, it sounds like neither side has budged on a plea bargain -- so it's still on the calendar for trial. I certainly could have missed something recent on that one though. If he's not out of the woods yet, he should be able to see the tree line from here.

So, what does that mean for suspensions. No DUI. Another slap on the wrist for the 15 yr old girls. So does that mean he is done with the courts on all counts?(as long as he stays clean from here on out)

Assuming he stays clean( huge assumption) - does anyone think he will be sat any more games?

I'll admit to having a hard time keeping track of Henry's crime spree. However, I think the DUI is the last existing charge. While I've heard that the evidence sucks and the state will have a hard time prosecuting, it sounds like neither side has budged on a plea bargain -- so it's still on the calendar for trial. I certainly could have missed something recent on that one though. If he's not out of the woods yet, he should be able to see the tree line from here.

he pled to a lesser 'reckless op'charge. Probation for 2 years - drug tests - no drinking, no bars. Link at teh top of the thread.

he pled to a lesser 'reckless op'charge. Probation for 2 years - drug tests - no drinking, no bars. Link at teh top of the thread.

he has a chance of being suspended. read hobsons article about it, it basically says its up to goodell. he has been quoted to wanting to crack down and be stricter, so my guess is he'll have to sit 2-4 games.

Well if this is true...and what someone on another thread posted about his friends seeing Henry at a bar drinking by himself...then he still hasn't learned.

I am guessing he'll get four games off from the league. That takes it out of the teams hands.

Henry's always around at different bars/clubs. I don't think this will stop him from going out.. He'll just have to travel a little further.

Problem is...if he is found in violation of his plea agreement, then he will have to spend the full 90 in jail. If that isn't deterrent enough to keep him out of bars, then what more does this guy need?

he has a chance of being suspended. read hobsons article about it, it basically says its up to goodell. he has been quoted to wanting to crack down and be stricter, so my guess is he'll have to sit 2-4 games.

Yup, and that's exactly the way I expect it will play out. That said, I'm also counting on Henry scoring 8-10 more TD's next season...so there we are.

Yup, and that's exactly the way I expect it will play out. That said, I'm also counting on Henry scoring 8-10 more TD's next season...so there we are.

Agreed.What a dichotomy this guy is huh? If he would harness the power he would be All-World....

:rolleyes:

Here is a link to the video of Mr. Henry's court appearance yesterday. If you haven't heard or seen it, it is priceless. I wish Marvin was able to say some of the things that the judge did. He is my hero!

.....and I thought Marvin's comments were too timid and more coachspeak.

Open the link to the story and then click on "RAW video".

Advance to the 3 minute mark to skip his entrance into the courtroom.

Advance to the 9:15 mark to hear the judges final comments.

http://wcpo.com/news/2007/local/01/25/henry.html

Henry's finished, I just can't see him straightening up for two years under these restrictions:

Dayton Daily News

Chris Henry's punishment

To avoid serving the remaining 88 days of a suspended sentence in Kenton County (Ky.), Henry must:

Pay a $250 fine plus court costs.

Have no criminal activity for two years.

Not consume alcohol or drugs for two years.

Report to the Kentucky Alternative Program for drug and alcohol assessment.

Give two speeches at Covington, Ky., schools — one at Two Rivers Middle School and one to Holmes High School athletes — on the dangers of drugs and alcohol and how they have negatively affected his career.

To avoid serving 30 days in jail in Clermont County, the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver must:

Report to a probation officer for two years.

Not consume any alcohol or illegal drugs.

Submit to random drug tests.

Agree to let the court review drug tests on Henry administered by the NFL.

Continue with substance-abuse and behavior-improvement counseling he began in May.

Stay out of taverns.