Live Mock Draft Comments Thread

Spor_tees

I still don't see where you can say Adams is not underweight. He profiles at 260. Tell me how many NFL DE's you see playing at 260, whereas Anderson is 280 and still maturing. "Potential" is for second and third rounders , not high first round picks.

My eyeballs tell me Gaines Adams is not underweight. Quentin Moses is underweight. Gaines Adams weighs about 275 pounds I'd say regardless of what you read. And even with the weight he put on this year, he was still able to drop back effectively into short area coverage to free blitzers, something Jamaal Anderson can not do. Potential is indeed for 2nd and 3rd round picks, which is why the NFL Draft evaluation committee projected Anderson as a 2nd rounder. But they should have checked with Mel Krapper first :lol:

But here's why Anderson should get 1st round consideration -- ceiling. He's big enough to convert to a DT, already sized right for a 3-4 DE and has enough athleticism as a former WR to develop as a LDE in a 4-3.

And here's why Gaines Adams should get picked before Jamaal -- floor. Adams is more skilled, more polished and has more versatility than Jamaal as a 4-3 DE. Plus, his ability to provide backside pursuit is better than Jamaal's.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miami's top 2 receivers barley cleared 1200 total for the season. Neither pose much of a deep threat either. The offensive line keep both Harrington and Culpepper pretty much up right for the season. They need help with the deep threat and Ted Ginn can give them that threat. There are very few DB's that will be able to keep up with him and he can break things open with his kick return abilities.

Hmmm . . . let’s see . . . the Falcons have the last rated pass offense and a pass defense that is statistically only slightly better than <gasp!> the Bengals! A little look at the numbers shows us that the Falcons had the fewest attempts/game and the second lowest comp%. This sounds like a system/QB problem, not a WR issue. With Patrino coming in, I’d say they’ll sort out the system and QB issues and will become a more balanced offense. So, defensive secondary is the area of greatest need. Last year’s #1, Jimmy Williams, looks like he’s going to become a corner opposite the guy who gets spit on by TO. That makes safety a real area of need. Milloy, Schulters and Cleveland-Cast-Off-Crocker weren’t the answers, clearly. So, Landry has to be the pick.

Landry isn't a bad pick because like you said, the offense seems to be a system problem rather than a player problem.

I really wanted to take Ginn with the 49ers pick because of the lack of playmakers for them on offense. They have invested a #1 pick Alex Smith, a #1 in Vernon Davis, and have a Pro-Bowl RB with Gore. Problem is, Smith has no deep threat at WR. Arnez Battle is useable, but Gilmore? If Samardzja was still in the draft and not signed with the cubbies he may have still be an option. As it was, I took te best D-lineman on the board.

The Bills are on the clock!

Honestly I think the Bills reached a little with Lynch. The have quite a few other needs to take care of other than RB with Willis already there. As far as Moss, the Rams have always been pretty good on offense and a little weak on defense, so it is pretty much a sure thing that defense is the place to go. Moss? Personally I don't like to risk high first round draft choices on a guy you are already worried about his health.

The Panthers are now on the clock!

Honestly I think the Bills reached a little with Lynch. The have quite a few other needs to take care of other than RB with Willis already there. As far as Moss, the Rams have always been pretty good on offense and a little weak on defense, so it is pretty much a sure thing that defense is the place to go. Moss? Personally I don't like to risk high first round draft choices on a guy you are already worried about his health.

Whatchyou talking about reaches Willis :lol:

If folks don't want to read Penthouse but just look at the pictures....that's fine. But it's gaining a reputation for being unparalleled for content...better than Swank, better than Club and better than Playboy even :lol: And as a NFL draft guide, I'd say it's as good as Mel Krapper.

Drew Rosenhaus wants an extension with Willis going into the final year of his contract but McGahee doing a recent Penthouse interview where he says the Bills ought to move to Toronto (which Willis soon after denied) is not the way to get one. Now, no doubt Marv is heavy into Penthouse himself and it must have dawned on him (actually he already knew) that when the Bills were the losingest Super Bowl team in AFC history they at least had a RB who could both catch and run.

That's what he would get with Lynch -- more of a straight up runner than he'd like but a threat to catch and reel off chunks like Steven Jackson.

The medical issues with Jarvis Moss deal with a 4-year battle with a staph infection in his pelvic region that apparently had him wondering whether or not he would play football again until Florida finally found a doctor who figured out what was wrong with and put him on antibiotic IV for 7 weeks. It looks like he's good to go but if there's some colateral damage that could potentially affect his mobility, then Moss could get a double take.

But medical issues aren't always a death knell. Jason Allen was a far bigger ? with a Bo Jackson hip injury and yet he managed to get picked 16th last year.

The Rams might have taken a WR or CB there but I agree with TDB about the CBs not being high caliber enough and the receivers after Jarrett and Ginn don't fit their mold. The Bills pick was an easy one but the Rams boiled down to Moss, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson and Robert Meachem.

Cam Cameron, the new coach of the Miami Dolphins, picks Ohio State WR Ted Ginn, Jr.

This pick will allow Miami to stretch the field and give a deep target for the strong armed Daunte Culpepper. Ginn has remarkable speed with times around 4.3 for the 40 and is considered a world class hurdler.

Just saw that....BUCKEYE HOMER MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Not to call bullsh*t on this mock, but WTF, it's pick 14 and no corner has been taken...?

Next two picks ought to be Darrelle Revis and Leon Hall.

I like the corner depth in this draft, but I don't think any of them are high first round caliber.

I got 50 million zone dollars that says a corner goes in the top 14 picks.

with the packers seeing most of the offensive tallent taken off the board to help bret retool for one more year. they go to help rebuild the defense taking AMOBI OKOYE Dt Lousiville to help beef up the middle of there defense. With his youth, he can be a factor on this team for a longtime to come.

posted it on the one before but i guess ill do it on this one too

Not to call bullsh*t on this mock, but WTF, it's pick 14 and no corner has been taken...?

Next two picks ought to be Darrelle Revis and Leon Hall.

I like the corner depth in this draft, but I don't think any of them are high first round caliber.

I got 50 million zone dollars that says a corner goes in the top 14 picks.

You'd probably win that bet, once one or more of the corners has a good combine and rockets up the board.

Cam Cameron, the new coach of the Miami Dolphins, picks Ohio State WR Ted Ginn, Jr.

This pick will allow Miami to stretch the field and give a deep target for the strong armed Daunte Culpepper. Ginn has remarkable speed with times around 4.3 for the 40 and is considered a world class hurdler.

Just saw that....BUCKEYE HOMER MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Da*m, I have been found out.

By the way, your sig gives me the willies!!! :eek:

You'd probably win that bet, once one or more of the corners has a good combine and rockets up the board.

No doubt. I see Revis finally went. Interesting choice for Ciincy coming up if Jax doesn't take Leon Hall. At 5'11" Hall doesn't have the size the Bengals typically look for at corner, but he has the smarts, skills and speed to be a shutdown corner.

I'm thinking that the Jags go offense, not defense with their pick. Their defense was lock down when it needed to be last year and they are definitely solid at corner and nickel. It was their offense let them down in key games. If they do anything with a defensive pick it will be at DE to replace an aging Paul Spicer and complement McCray. If the pick is Offense, then start with upgrading the QB. I see a big reach here with Quinn and Russell off the board.

The Bengals are on the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt. I see Revis finally went. Interesting choice for Ciincy coming up if Jax doesn't take Leon Hall. At 5'11" Hall doesn't have the size the Bengals typically look for at corner, but he has the smarts, skills and speed to be a shutdown corner.

I'd dig the Hall pick. He'd be a nice complement to Joseph in the long run, and not just his clone. There're a lot of good DB's left on the board, I'd be very pleased to see things shake out this way.

I have a sneakin' suspicion Spor Tees is going to take Buster Davis though. :P