Live Mock Draft Comments Thread

Spor_tees

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've sent Pandre two Pm's including one when I saw he was on the board. I even posted a thread in the board where he was active. He even made a post on this board without making the pick. I've done everything I can to try and get him to pick. If he decides later he still wants to be a part of this then that is fine but people are getting impatient waiting to pick. So I will make the Redskins pick.

Minnesota is now on the clock!

Good gawd I sure hope the Clowns take Joe Thomas over Calvin Johnson. Hate for the Bengals secondary to have to fend off a receiver corps of Braylon, Calvin and Soulja twice a year. Might not matter who their QB is then. :lol:

Branch to Zona is a sound pick but the Cards might continue to swing their big man DT spot with Kendrick Clancy, Gabe Watson and Jon Lewis. Darnell Dockett at the other DT spot got a 5-year extension this year.

As for Jamaal Anderson.....guess folks know who he is now. But #6 overall ;) I saw this projection elsewhere and doubt it happens. The Deadskins are dead last in sacks at 19, which is definitely going to put them in the forefront for getting some edge pressure. The Skins likeliest road is -- as usual -- free agency. But if they do go draft, they probably won't go after a 4-3 LDE like Jamaal and should either go for a more versatile DE who can change sides and drop back in short area coverage to free up blitzers like Gaines Adams or pop the best edge rusher in this draft -- Jarvis Moss. But Jarvis still has some work to do. Medically, he's got to go through some hoops to prove there's no damage or threat to recur of his 4-year long bout with staph infection in his pelvic region which was cured enough apparently at the outset of this year for him to log the whole year.

Good gawd I sure hope the Clowns take Joe Thomas over Calvin Johnson. Hate for the Bengals secondary to have to fend off a receiver corps of Braylon, Calvin and Soulja twice a year. Might not matter who their QB is then. :lol:

Branch to Zona is a sound pick but the Cards might continue to swing their big man DT spot with Kendrick Clancy, Gabe Watson and Jon Lewis. Darnell Dockett at the other DT spot got a 5-year extension this year.

As for Jamaal Anderson.....guess folks know who he is now. But #6 overall ;) I saw this projection elsewhere and doubt it happens. The Deadskins are dead last in sacks at 19, which is definitely going to put them in the forefront for getting some edge pressure. The Skins likeliest road is -- as usual -- free agency. But if they do go draft, they probably won't go after a 4-3 LDE like Jamaal and should either go for a more versatile DE who can change sides and drop back in short area coverage to free up blitzers like Gaines Adams or pop the best edge rusher in this draft -- Jarvis Moss. But Jarvis still has some work to do. Medically, he's got to go through some hoops to prove there's no damage or threat to recur of his 4-year long bout with staph infection in his pelvic region which was cured enough apparently at the outset of this year for him to log the whole year.

Problems I read about Adams is they think he is too light. That he needs to gain some weight. If you look at Kiper's Big Board he has Anderson in the top 5. I have other reasons for the pick but don't want to give them now because it might give away future draft considerations.

Well that was confusing...someone took someone else's turn and now the draft is out of order...I definitley agree with TDB and less people wil be asked to do this next time...one pick per day is not going to cut it.

Par for the course for the Vikes... and they wouldn't have taken Peterson anyways.

Let's wait for 'em to pick though before we move foward any further (directed at whomever picks after the Texans).

*edit* scratch that, the pick is in.

Dwayne Jarrett, eh? Interesting pick, though it is sensible. Should Quinn or Russell somehow fall out of the top five, I think Minny would go after them (unless they really believe in Tavaris Jackson). Jarrett would provide the possession attributes to complement Troy Williamson as a deep threat.

Do some of you guys realize that some people have a life outside of a computer. I was online at 10 P.M. last night and number 6 didn't pick yet. I went into work at 6 a.m and got off around 5 p.m., so I put my pick in as soon as I could. Quit freaking out, we have a long offseason. It is not going to kill you if the draft takes 3 or 4 days. If I worked on the computer all day, my pick would have been already submitted. Stop bitching and try to find something else to do w/ your time. If your checking the computer 20 times a day to see if a new pick has been posted, you have some major issues and need to find a hobby.

preatty safe but with that being said I think the better way to have done this is.

1.) 8 people signup then select 1 team at a time till all 32 are chosen.

2.)Set a day and time for everyone to meet in bengalszone chat room

3.)Draft till everyone has to go and see if we can get 7 rnder done ;)

3.)Draft till everyone has to go and see if we can get 7 rnder done ;)

You're out of your mind. :P

I think you, Schweinhart, and Hair are the only ones I've ever seen who know enough college players to pull that off.

sorry bout skipping the pick, i figured the vikes time was up and they werent taking peterson anyway...that and people seemed frustrated by the delay.

No worries, everything seems to be peachy keen now. You had no way to know Kent would make his pick at the same time either.

Meanwhile, if you're in the Bengals war room on draft day, and this is how the first 8 picks go down, you have to be happy. Six offense, only two defense. Only nine more selections to go, and safety, LB, and corner haven't been touched. That's certain to change, but still, all good so far.

Problems I read about Adams is they think he is too light. That he needs to gain some weight. If you look at Kiper's Big Board he has Anderson in the top 5. I have other reasons for the pick but don't want to give them now because it might give away future draft considerations.

Give Mel Krapper's Big Board another 2 weeks and Jamaal will be back down to 20. :lol: Gaines Adams is far from light. He probably added 25 pounds from his junior year. If anything, he's might be too big and he'll have to decide whether he wants to bulk up or slim down by the combine since he's decided to skip the Senior Bowl.

Jamaal Anderson has a lot of upside but a lot of it's just potential at this point. He's not the athlete Julius Peppers is and no where near the force vs. both the run and the pass that Super Mario was. The bowl game vs. Wisconsin revealed why Jamaal's sack total was so high this year -- Arkansas played with 5 down linemen with Jamaal split wide at LDE. He got 3 sacks but it wasn't against Joe Thomas -- 2 were against the TE who was overmatched in man. Jamaal won't see that alignment in the NFL and he's got a ton of work to do to become dominant vs. the run.

Miami takes Ted Ginn Jr.

I don't think he translates well as an NFL talent at all... a less explosive version of Hester as a returner, and the second coming of Troy Williamson as a receiver. I'd expect the Dolphins to pursue a defensive prospect, maybe a DE to play opposite Jason Taylor.

I still don't see where you can say Adams is not underweight. He profiles at 260. Tell me how many NFL DE's you see playing at 260, whereas Anderson is 280 and still maturing. "Potential" is for second and third rounders , not high first round picks.

As for Ginn, I don't see Miami going offense since they are a "defensive" team and their definitely aging on that side of the ball. Taylor has already started threatening retirement, so who know if next year he actually goes through with it. I could see them more going towards Willis or another speedy LB.

Falcons are now on the clock!