Live Mock Draft Comments Thread

Spor_tees

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders selected Russel from LSU. I think he has the big arm to give Oakland the vertical passing game they desire, but unless they get the O-line to keep the QB off his back and give him time to let the WR's to get down the field, how effective will he be? Especially minus Jerry Porter and Randy Moss?

The Lions are now on the clock.

Quinn would follow suit with Palmer and sit a year behind Kitna. The Lions just have to hope Kevin Jones can come back and stay healthy and that Mike Williams can get some discipline and stay in shape. If they can sign some O-line help in free agency they might have a rather high powered offense next year. But defense....

The Browns are now on the clock!

You guys made it easy one me. I have Joe Thomas in my sig on the Browns board.

Best Tackle in the draft, move shaeffer to where he belongs, Right tackle. peeeeerfect! :sure:

Yep, Thomas is a no-brainer if he's there. But what if the Lions snag him instead and Brady Quinn is there? If Frye the future or not...?

Wow who suprised you pasted on AP :P

I know franchise linemen are hard to pass on but all time I spent on brown forums everyone said the guards were the problem...

But I guess plan on being in the mcfadden race and lose romeo in doing so.

No, only morons say it is the guards. Guards are Left tackles who aren't good enough to play left tackle. get it? You can get them in later rounds, and besides, there aren't any guards even close to how good Thomas is, not even close. The ones that are, I can get the in round 2. :sure:

You must be spending time on the "Offcial Browns board" which is a bunch children saying....TRADE THE FARM FOR AJ HAWK, trade our 1st 2nd and 3rd pick for him.

Or the people who say DRAFT TROY SMITH!!!

Or even better Tedd Guinn, and Pittman AND gonzalez. Absolute idiocy.

Take a look at the philadelphia Eagles drafts EACH YEAR they take 2 linemen top 3 picks. and oh ya, Jef Garcia led to a playoff win.

Linemen matter, it all starts up front and you DO NOT, pass up a franchise linemen unless you already have them.PERIOD!

JMHO

Yep, Thomas is a no-brainer if he's there. But what if the Lions snag him instead and Brady Quinn is there? If Frye the future or not...?

Is Frye the future? Maybe, probably not, but maybe.

He was the most knocked down, and most sacked QB in the league by a long shot. :blush:

You can't really tell if he is or isn't because sometimes he looks like a stud, and then he looks terrible. If we do take a QB, Frye better be our guy anyway. If we do take a QB, they WILL sit, or I WILL be highly upset. Bottom line, you can't draft a guy in the 3rd round, give him one year (where he was most sacked QB in the league) then say, oh well that didn't work. We are I hope, a classier organization than that.

Besides, IMO, you build your line, then take a QB when he is protected.

How many "Franchise Qb's" come out every year? Two, three?

How many Franchise Left tackles come out yearly? One, maybe two, maybe NONE.

Well I can't really say much about the Brown's pick. They have drafted a TE, a WR, a QB, and now a big time Tackle. Question is, is Reuben going to be the running game they need to protecting that passing game they have invested so much in? Or was Reuben simply the product of that Denver system?

Tampa is now on the clock!

Sorry for the delay but I was playing some ball. Calvin is the man and he'll make Simms look like a decent QB even know he is horrible. Just throw the ball up and he'll go up and get it. He catches the deep ball like Randy Moss plus he is huge and goes across the middle. To top it all off, he lets his actions on the field speak for himself. It's hard to find a top tier WR that doesn't talk s**t all the time.

Tampa has the RB, they have who they think is their QB of the future, now with Calvin Johnson they would have that top notch WR that can only make the entire offense better. Problem is, Tampa has always counted on a strong defense to win them games, and with the defense aging and no young guys to step up and fill holes, what are they going to do?

The Cardinals are now on the clock!

No, only morons say it is the guards. Guards are Left tackles who aren't good enough to play left tackle. get it? You can get them in later rounds, and besides, there aren't any guards even close to how good Thomas is, not even close. The ones that are, I can get the in round 2.

kinda my point who... :P take AP then guard or joe staley in the 2nd ;)

Tampa has the RB, they have who they think is their QB of the future, now with Calvin Johnson they would have that top notch WR that can only make the entire offense better. Problem is, Tampa has always counted on a strong defense to win them games, and with the defense aging and no young guys to step up and fill holes, what are they going to do?

The Cardinals are now on the clock!

I have to agree about the Bucs going defense. CJ is an awesome player and person and I agree that he's likely the best player in the draft (do you think the Bucs would take our first plus Chris Henry, Odell, Reggie McNeal, and Deltha Oneal for this pick?), but the Bucs have got to go D with this pick. There is decent WR depth in this draft. So, they could get good value in Rds 2~4.

After trading Booger to the Colts I'd say they go DT with this pick: Branch.

It looks like there won't be a RB taken in the top five... No way the Cards go for Peterson or Lynch with Edge on the roster. It'll be interesting who Duffman takes for them, when Thomas would have been the obvious pick.

Looks like he made the pick seven hours before I posted this. :blink: It didn't show up for me until now for some reason.

Branch is a good pick though.

Well the Cards do have plenty of Offensive fire power and seeing that I can understand why they took Branch with the Fifth Pick. But with this selection it just makes it even more imperative that they resign their RFA and FA O-line in Stepanovich and Leonard Davis.

The Redskins are on the clock!

Everything seems to be going pretty well so far. I like how people are not on a 15 minute clock and are actually able to do some investigating on each pick. It kind of evens things out since we do not have all the resources that are available to the real teams. i.e. Player interviews, individual workouts, talking to friends and families. We have no idea if one of these players we select have an IQ of -10 or if they are a gang banger.

The time of drafting hasn't been to bad so far but ideally I think we should try to get 6-7 picks per day. I would like the draft to last no longer than 2 weeks. Then we can start the second one and then maybe get a third one in before the actual draft.

Good Luck again to everyone with their picks!

Ok...I've been gone all day and no picks have been made. I think we are going to have to make a 24 hour rule on this draft. When everyone is up to pick I send them a PM letting them know that it is their turn. If someone is going to not take the time to get back on here to make their pick within 24 hours they will then lose that right to pick and I guess I will have to pick for their team. I'm not trying to be an A-hole here but I don't want this Mock Draft to last a month. If anyone disagrees let me know.

:sure: