Nick Harris is out off here

jbengals1

i just caught the wire and Nick Harris is no longer a Bengal and he will be replaced by Kyle Richardson..........this was a great move by Marvin Lewis if you ask me !!!! we needed a lift and harris's foot wasnt lifting it high enough............. :P

I was getting tired of those kicker screw ups like Rackers and Harris. I'm glad Marvin's cleaning house on the special teams. I just wish he would have kept Dugans around, he was a great special teams guy.

Dugans may still be back. No one else has grabbed him, and by rule the Bengals can't resign him until week 10. Given the impact being made by Lawrence Hamilton (i.e. who?), pulling Ron back in wouldn't surprise me a bit.

As for Harris, no big surprise. The bye week given Richardson & Graham two weeks to get their timing down on kicks, so it was the perfect spot to make a change. Thumbs up.

It's no secret that I thought Harris should have been gone a long time ago. I was pleased as punch to see him gone. It'll be interesting to see how the punting improves, and for that matter everyone else. You don't do your job for Coach Lewis and you are either gone, or at the least benched, this is the guy that benched Bruce Smith for Goodness sakes. The Coach doesn't play around. I would also Dugans will be back around week 10 or 12. You don't cut your best Teams player and not know what you are doing.

cheers

from what i have read ...we should be 8 -1 at this point after 5 games....lewis lost 2 with his play calling, harris 2 with his punting, and as you all say kitna the other 4..... so that's an amazing 8-1 out of 5.....great rational :D  :P

Good point. :D

I'm not sure how many games Harris may have lost for us, but he sure hasn't helped us win any with his highly returnable/short punts.

Glad to see Lewis make the switch.