"Bengals Only" Draft Site

Screw GO, hypocritical piece of trash. Your name over there?

I think the Bengals are confident that Deltha has rededicated himself to the game. If they were not, I would have expected a FA pickup.

Think, if they went into the draft not sure about Deltha and drafted a high round pick and Deltha did end up underperforming, the Bengals would be hurtin' real bad.

A starting secondary with 2 CBs with one year of NFL experience between the 2 of them? Thats really risky for a team that is already trying to improve a low ranking secondary. It's a position I don't think Cincy wants to put themselves in.

Like I say, Cincy has done a really nice job in the 4th round finding players. Why can't the Bengals take a 4th rounder who can push Deltha but shows enough promise that if Deltha was let go that he could take over in 2008?

I also don't think there are many "lock-down" corners in this draft. There seem to be no players on that top tier. They all really seem like 2nd tier players with a number of them having potential to be better. Almost every CB in this draft has some HUGE questions.

Marcus McCauley is by far the best prospect in this CB class, I would like to see him fall in the 2nd and get snagged by us from his underperforming senior year.

I'm really just against another 1st round corner is all. I wouldn't care if they took one in the 2nd. I just don't see anyone worth being 18.

Madieu is staying at S I believe, if he's not then OH MY GOD THE VOID THERE IS AT SAFETY. I don't think he'll be moved on that basis alone.

A SS who can't stay healthy, no starting FS anymore (if madieu is moved), KK gone and the extreme greenhorns in Jones, Busing and Kilmer...Yikes!

They would need to spend 2 of their 6 picks on safties to shore that spot up.

IMO, I don't think any one of those safties (Landry/Griffin/Nelson) is going to be available when we pick at 18. 2006 saw a strange year in what I think will be an ever increasing trend of taking safties in the 1st round. And with a number of teams possibly in the safety market and the CB class being so weak, I can easily see those 3 going early. Landry to the Vikes/Texans, Nelson to the Falcs and Griffin to the Jags...

I also think YOU ARE DEAD ON with your assment about how much the Bengals want to pay positions and they have a draft thoery very slotted with how much they want to pay each positon.

For that reason, I'm REALLY looking at Sabby Piscitelli as a 2nd round pick. He can learn behind Dexter in 07 and fill in if he goes down then take over at SS in 2008 with Jones, Busing, Kilmer get more experience to fill out the #3 & 4 spots.

What position do I think the Bengals will select in the 1st round?

Defensive Tackle with intentions on Amobi Okoye/Brandon Mebane.

Wright...wright...uhh...gonna be on the deliquents page soon.

Umm..here we go, found it.

Girl claimed he slipped her "X" and then sexually assulted her (forceful sex). Police found 130+ "rolls" (extacy pills) in his apt.

Charges never filed or pursued cause girl would not testify, charges had to be dropped.

Screw GO, hypocritical piece of trash. Your name over there?

I think the Bengals are confident that Deltha has rededicated himself to the game. If they were not, I would have expected a FA pickup.

Think, if they went into the draft not sure about Deltha and drafted a high round pick and Deltha did end up underperforming, the Bengals would be hurtin' real bad.

A starting secondary with 2 CBs with one year of NFL experience between the 2 of them? Thats really risky for a team that is already trying to improve a low ranking secondary. It's a position I don't think Cincy wants to put themselves in.

Like I say, Cincy has done a really nice job in the 4th round finding players. Why can't the Bengals take a 4th rounder who can push Deltha but shows enough promise that if Deltha was let go that he could take over in 2008?

I also don't think there are many "lock-down" corners in this draft. There seem to be no players on that top tier. They all really seem like 2nd tier players with a number of them having potential to be better. Almost every CB in this draft has some HUGE questions.

Marcus McCauley is by far the best prospect in this CB class, I would like to see him fall in the 2nd and get snagged by us from his underperforming senior year.

I'm really just against another 1st round corner is all. I wouldn't care if they took one in the 2nd. I just don't see anyone worth being 18.

Madieu is staying at S I believe, if he's not then OH MY GOD THE VOID THERE IS AT SAFETY. I don't think he'll be moved on that basis alone.

A SS who can't stay healthy, no starting FS anymore (if madieu is moved), KK gone and the extreme greenhorns in Jones, Busing and Kilmer...Yikes!

They would need to spend 2 of their 6 picks on safties to shore that spot up.

IMO, I don't think any one of those safties (Landry/Griffin/Nelson) is going to be available when we pick at 18. 2006 saw a strange year in what I think will be an ever increasing trend of taking safties in the 1st round. And with a number of teams possibly in the safety market and the CB class being so weak, I can easily see those 3 going early. Landry to the Vikes/Texans, Nelson to the Falcs and Griffin to the Jags...

I also think YOU ARE DEAD ON with your assment about how much the Bengals want to pay positions and they have a draft thoery very slotted with how much they want to pay each positon.

For that reason, I'm REALLY looking at Sabby Piscitelli as a 2nd round pick. He can learn behind Dexter in 07 and fill in if he goes down then take over at SS in 2008 with Jones, Busing, Kilmer get more experience to fill out the #3 & 4 spots.

What position do I think the Bengals will select in the 1st round?

Defensive Tackle with intentions on Amobi Okoye/Brandon Mebane.

my screenname was NelsonMuntz, I couldn't tell u why but he banned me from is site. your right though, the guy is hypocrite, but f**k him...

Do you think Mebane is worth a first round pick? I know he's stout at LOS and demanded constant double teams in college, but that was the Pac 10, whose the last dominant lineman to come out of that conference? I like Mebane in the 2nd, I think Justin Harrell could be a possible first round pick if Okoye and Branch are gone.

I hope there's a early run on safeties and corners cause maybe Willis will fall to us at #18, that would be great!!!

Didn't know Wright had character problems, is that why he left USC?

GB is going to crapper anyways, getting overrun with morons really. Bunch a' idiots who don't know squat about football or the Bengals organizational beliefs.. Everyone thinks the Bengals are like their little personal team...effects of Madden and Fantasy Football...

Don't get me started on Mebane. I love the kid. Here is his in depth profile from nfl.com:

Has a stout, squat frame with good upper body thickness, especially in the chest, broad shoulders, big bubble, thick thighs and calves, with long, muscular arms and large, strong hands … Has the sudden burst and low center of gravity to fire off the snap and consistently neutralize double-team action … Plays on his feet with great balance, anchoring firmly at the point of attack … Still needs to improve his hand usage, but when he shoots and connects with his punch, he easily pushes the blocker back on his heels … Very intense player who competes on instincts, but does need to locate the ball quicker … Low in his stance, exploding off the snap to generate sudden movement into the backfield and uses his arm swipes like clubs when defeating single blocks … Leader by example type, but teammates will listen when he gets vocal … Gives a great effort in attempts to gain penetration off the snap, as he shows good body control fighting through trash and the short-area quickness to get into the gaps … Can explode through contact and does a good job of fighting off pressure vs. combo blocks … Once he locates the ball, he closes with good urgency … Feels and fights pressure with aggression, quickly penetrating to pursue, flush out and wrap up the quarterback … Holds his ground firmly at the point of attack and shows the lateral slide to make plays on the perimeter … Hits low and hard coming off the ball and has the leg drive and hip snap to maintain leverage to stack and control … Splits and redirects well when he doesn't expose his chest, and while he lacks the sustained speed to give long chase, he has the functional lateral agility to work his way down the line … Doesn't always use his hands well to neutralize blocks, but has the brute strength to dominate, if he gets a piece of his man, as he shows the hand strength to lock on, drag and jerk the opponent down … Plays on his feet and generates the hip explosion to drive through the pile, and even when blockers get into his chest, he won't be contained for long … When knocked down, he bounces back quickly and does a good job of preventing the blockers from scooping him … Needs to improve his wrap-up tackling technique, but is a good collision/drag down tackler … Has the strength to lock the opponent up and will punish when his punches land … Gives an intense effort on every play and constantly tries to disrupt the flow in the opponent's backfield … Destroys interior blockers with his strong straight-line charge, using his quick swim moves to dominate on the bull rush … Flashes a quick spin move and is improving his counter moves, but it is his hand strength rather than moves that help him control blocks and disengage … Relentless and intent on getting to the quarterback, but is only effective in the short area (close, but no cigar when taking a wide loop to the pocket and is more effective slanting or taking angles) … Does a very good job of inverting single blocks.

I'd take him in the 1st if I was GM, dude is gonna be a player regardless. However, the NFL loves workout warriors in the 1st and Brandon is not that. He has probably seen his stock fall a little from an average combine.

In my full mock, I had Willis #7 to the Vikes, they lost Harris, Childress is huge on Character and Willis has tons of it. He should definately be the 1st LB gone.

Correct on Wright.

nflfans.com is a good site rooted in the draft, and has a message board

http://www.nflfans.com/x/

admittedly, the Bengals forum on the message board does not see a lot of activity right now, but I try to keep it fairly current. The shoutbox is an interesting and sometimes fun extra feature

as an aside, they are looking for mock GMs for their mock draft this weekend....Bengals GM has aready been selected.......see http://www.nflfans.com/x/showthread.php?p=114929#poststop

I post over there when someone gives the Bengals a horrible pick.

• 3 weeks later...