"Bengals Only" Draft Site

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad, one glaring mistake in the articles section.

Dennis Weathersby's career was not shortened by gunshot wounds, he had completely healed and was primed to become a starter when he was involved in a car accident that ended his football playing days.

There were some reports last Training camp that he was thinking of making a comeback, but I never heard if he made it on a team or not.

Weathersby was not a character problem, he was shot randomly and was moving forward with his life. I wish him luck and still consider him to be a rather large missing piece in Coach's defensive plan.

• 1 month later...

Well, as an out-of-towner, I appreciate such efforts. I realize it is intended to be a 'Bengals-only draft site', but you could easily make the argument that salary cap information is critical to this topic as well. Why not include some of the links folks have passed around regarding sites about this information? There was one particular site that somebody passed around that was very informative regarding Bengals salary cap. I would love to have a one-stop-shopping site that has that plus draft info, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Just reminding y'alls.

Ah, another Greg Olsen fan. Well, just know that thou shalt soon incur the Wrath of Bengalgia. :lol:

Poor Lou over at draftking.com made the mistake of seleting Olsen and got an e-mail box full of irate Bengals fans. Be prepared...

Greg made sense in the 1st (in my newest mock), especially considering they hadn't gotten Reggie re-signed. Everyone brings up his blocking....like the Bengals wouldn't "coach him up" until he was a good and willing blocker??

Haven't gotten to many pissed off e-mails yet and I'd actually like to see some, would mean people are checking out the site.

Send in the hate mail!

Not bad, one glaring mistake in the articles section.

Dennis Weathersby's career was not shortened by gunshot wounds, he had completely healed and was primed to become a starter when he was involved in a car accident that ended his football playing days.

There were some reports last Training camp that he was thinking of making a comeback, but I never heard if he made it on a team or not.

If i remember correctly, he was going to pick TJ up at the airport ...do you think TJ could have afforded a cab?

Decent site, though more content would be nice (like LB information). Though I have to say, if the Bengals draft a TE in the first round I will dress up in a Steelers cheerleader uniform and prance around Fountain Square. You heard it here first folks.

I'm not a Greg Olsen fan, that's for sure, but you've done a nice job on the site.

Thanks man, you probably won't like my opinion of Chris Houston though.

I personally think he's very overrated.

Make sure to put the page in your favorites, tell your friends!

(The day I made the mock with Olsen in the 1st, Reggie was re-signed later that evening.)

Overrated somewhat but he still has a ton of upside just like Joseph....

Joseph had very little experiance himself and was drafted off his upside.

JJ had the technique, Chris dosen't. JJ was raw cause he didn't have the experience, Houston is raw because he dosen't have the technique. Houston was flagged 7 times for PI in 2006. Him being physical with WRs during their routes in the NFL might only get him flagged more.

JJ is much more willing to support the run and is a solid tackler whereas Chris is not so willing and not that great of a tackler.

NFL.com player summary of Chris:

Compares to: Ahmad Carroll, Jacksonville. -- You have to wonder if history is repeating itself here. Both are excellent athletes with good speed and great strength, but their power is negated by their reluctance to lend support vs. the run. Houston has good leaping ability and timing, but his poor hands have seen several potential interceptions turn into pass deflections. Like Carroll, Houston sometimes looks lost when it comes to play recognition, resulting in seven pass-interference calls in 2006. They talk about Houston holding Tennessee's Robert Meachem to only two catches, but one was good for a touchdown. Ball-concentration problems were evident when he failed to secure the ball properly and fumbled an interception in the Mississippi State game. Yes, he did hold Southern Cal's Dwayne Jarrett to 35 yards on five catches, but the Trojans were breaking in a new quarterback at the time. We have to wonder if the real Chris Houston is the one who was getting constantly turned around by Sidney Rice and crew in the South Carolina game (10 passes caught vs. Houston). Time will tell, but after Green Bay's fiasco with Carroll, "buyer beware" when looking at a similar cornerback.

He could be good with work, but the warning signs are there.

(That cat is cute.)

I like the delinquent section on the bengalsdraftguru.com website. There's no doubt more prospects to add to that list. The Bengals will no doubt have a red flag drawer this year. Just hopefully the don't go overboard and pick a overhyped player based more on their lack of trouble than their ability on the field.

The rest of it pretty much sounds like nfldraftscout profiles on nfl.com. Anybody can form their opinion once it's provided for them. In the prospect analysis department, I don't see anything beyond what they already provide, which rings even more true once you start getting into round projections. The only way I've found to come up with round projections on one's own is to actually plow into a full-blown mock. Otherwise it's just somebody elses's projection.

But to call that website the Bengals best draft coverage is a farce. You'd have to rig up a message board before you can claim that because that's where all the interaction takes place. Otherwise it's just somebody talking in a vacuum because he likes the way his own voice sounds. You can do that here. :lol:

I like the delinquent section on the bengalsdraftguru.com website. There's no doubt more prospects to add to that list. The Bengals will no doubt have a red flag drawer this year. Just hopefully the don't go overboard and pick a overhyped player based more on their lack of trouble than their ability on the field.

The rest of it pretty much sounds like nfldraftscout profiles on nfl.com. Anybody can form their opinion once it's provided for them. In the prospect analysis department, I don't see anything beyond what they already provide, which rings even more true once you start getting into round projections. The only way I've found to come up with round projections on one's own is to actually plow into a full-blown mock. Otherwise it's just somebody elses's projection.

But to call that website the Bengals best draft coverage is a farce. You'd have to rig up a message board before you can claim that because that's where all the interaction takes place. Otherwise it's just somebody talking in a vacuum because he likes the way his own voice sounds. You can do that here. :lol:

The whole profile stuff is an invalid argument (IMO) since I do say that I am not a scout and don't want to be seen as one. The site is not about giving original profiles, but more about looking at the Bengals past drafts under Marvin and determining where the Bengals may go in the current draft. I also look at the kinds of players/athletes Marvin likes and try to find those kinds of players as well.

And to be frank, there ever be a MB on the site. There are plenty already at NFLDC and FF, plus at least 5 Bengal MBs. What would be the point? There are a number of much more respectable draft sites that don't offer MBs. NWscouting, RobsScouting, Draft Daddy.com REFUSES to create a message board. All 3 are much better sites than NFLDC.

TWM,

What's up dude..

I see you settle in nicely over here, what's your opinion of Aaron Ross, I think he's the best corner available in the draft but honestly I'm only judging that on the Senior Bowl and Combine workouts as I didn't see him play much in college.

I like Ross's ability to jam the corners and turn and run with them, at the Senior Bowl he was the best imo. I think Hall is a bit over-rated as he struggles against top flight receivers, but in order to be a shut down corner he can't have that weakness or he will just be an average corner. You already detailed your thoughts about Houston, so tell me what you think about Ross.

Btw, I also like Eric Wright from UNLV, what do you think of him.

As for the site I like it, keep up the good work. Also I really like Piscitelli, he would be a 2nd round steal.

nflfans.com is a good site rooted in the draft, and has a message board

http://www.nflfans.com/x/

admittedly, the Bengals forum on the message board does not see a lot of activity right now, but I try to keep it fairly current. The shoutbox is an interesting and sometimes fun extra feature

as an aside, they are looking for mock GMs for their mock draft this weekend....Bengals GM has aready been selected.......see http://www.nflfans.com/x/showthread.php?p=114929#poststop

TPM: Did you come from GB.com or something?

Ross is interesting. He definately has the tools to be one the better CBs in this draft. The thing most agree about with him is that he'll go for the big play, he'll get that big play but he will be burned when he misses. Says to me he needs to play within the D scheme more, undisciplined. Players like him can be frustrating and great at the same time, almost a little like Justin Smith in that sense. Justin is a good player, but could be even better he would play with more discipline at times.

I don't know what the Bengals may be looking for in terms of run support from CBs this year, but I would expect them to get some who really likes to just smack people. He's willing to support, but is not a big hitter.

As for Ross and the Bengals, I really don't see much of a match there in the 1st round. If they really wanted another CB badly and Ross was there in the 2nd, I'd consider it.

Hall would make a better #2 CB than a #1. He's a smart player but won't be able to keep up with the Chad Johnsons in the NFL. Might have a field day against the Hines Wards and Keyshawn Johnson's though.

Hall shouldn't been seen as a savior CB, but instead a really nice piece to add to to a solid group. Would potentiall do well with a team like New England.

Wright is not very willing in run support so at this point he's not on my list of CBs the Bengals should take.

I don't really think CB is all that big of a need though. If Deltha has gotten his head on right, him and JJ should make a solid starting duo. If the Bengals didn't have any faith in Deltha, I would have expected some moves that would have signified that.

I think a lot of this CB stuff from Cincy is all a smoke screen as well. This team has been increasingly secreative about what they are doing and have actually barred coaches from talking to the media in Indy, why would they then drool all over the player that they really want? Bengals trying to get a team above them to take Revis so someone else falls???

TPM: Did you come from GB.com or something?

Ross is interesting. He definately has the tools to be one the better CBs in this draft. The thing most agree about with him is that he'll go for the big play, he'll get that big play but he will be burned when he misses. Says to me he needs to play within the D scheme more, undisciplined. Players like him can be frustrating and great at the same time, almost a little like Justin Smith in that sense. Justin is a good player, but could be even better he would play with more discipline at times.

I don't know what the Bengals may be looking for in terms of run support from CBs this year, but I would expect them to get some who really likes to just smack people. He's willing to support, but is not a big hitter.

As for Ross and the Bengals, I really don't see much of a match there in the 1st round. If they really wanted another CB badly and Ross was there in the 2nd, I'd consider it.

Hall would make a better #2 CB than a #1. He's a smart player but won't be able to keep up with the Chad Johnsons in the NFL. Might have a field day against the Hines Wards and Keyshawn Johnson's though.

Hall shouldn't been seen as a savior CB, but instead a really nice piece to add to to a solid group. Would potentiall do well with a team like New England.

Wright is not very willing in run support so at this point he's not on my list of CBs the Bengals should take.

I don't really think CB is all that big of a need though. If Deltha has gotten his head on right, him and JJ should make a solid starting duo. If the Bengals didn't have any faith in Deltha, I would have expected some moves that would have signified that.

I think a lot of this CB stuff from Cincy is all a smoke screen as well. This team has been increasingly secreative about what they are doing and have actually barred coaches from talking to the media in Indy, why would they then drool all over the player that they really want? Bengals trying to get a team above them to take Revis so someone else falls???

yeah I used to post over there but that board is full of idiots...and the owner of the board is bitch..

I have to disagree when it comes to cb, I think that's a position that is very much a need. Deltha is a question mark has he could still get the axe come June 1st and we don't have much experienced depth behind JJ and Deltha. Keiwan is a question mark and he's the only guy on the roster with experience, the rest are practice squad guys. Also I believe that Deltha is going into the final year of his contract so something will have to be done, I say draft a guy now so he can get a year or two under his belt before he's asked to play major minutes.

What do you think of moving Madieu to corner, I like the idea as it would give us a corner who's willing to tackle.

I would love to see us grab a safety in the first, either Nelson or Griffin, but I read about how the Bengals slot certain positions as far as salary is concerned and I don't know if they will be willing to pay a safety first round draft pick money, although it's not like were picking in the top 10 so the contract shouldn't be that much.

What position do you think the bengals will draft in the first, my money is on either lb or s, but I do like aaron ross as I think he's the best cb available in the draft.