Skyler Green?

derekshank

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5781

I guess Washington tweaked his hammy worse than we thought.

Picking up Skyler Green may be a help on punt and kick returns... but is probably simply further proof that McNeal is nowhere near being ready for regular playing time. I doubt he's anything special... but he was a 4th round pick this year, so maybe he'll develop.

Yeah, no doubt. Here's a brief write up on him nonetheless:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/green_skyler

Sounds like he has potential as an explosive punt returner and kick-off returner. That's more than we've been getting out of Washington's roster spot... so, you never know.

I imagine we'll continue to see just our big 3 WR's getting playing time... with Holt getting in every once in a while. Green will be a special teamer. I'm fine with Ratliff... but I'll never complain if they get a guy who is more explosive (after all... that the whole reason we signed Chatman).

Sounds like he has potential as an explosive punt returner and kick-off returner. That's more than we've been getting out of Washington's roster spot... so, you never know.

I imagine we'll continue to see just our big 3 WR's getting playing time... with Holt getting in every once in a while. Green will be a special teamer. I'm fine with Ratliff... but I'll never complain if they get a guy who is more explosive (after all... that the whole reason we signed Chatman).

Kinda hard to get excited about a guy waived by the WR thin Cowboys. More so than that A ROOKIE drafted in the 4TH ROUND......

Sorry, but teams dont waive a 4TH ROUND draft pick during their ROOKIE season unless there is a good reason. Just a point of note---that article lists him as 5'9"(short) and having a

40 time of 4.53 thats a terrible time for a small receiver, the only WR's that can usually get away with being that slow are Bigger/Taller possesion type receivers. Keep in mind that a lot of LB's run the 40 in the 4.5-4.7 range, so the guy is probably slower than most CB's and about the speed of most LB's...and small.

That article also mentions that "he does not constantly make good decisions returning the ball"

so this seems like nothing more than just to fill in a WR spot temporarily.

He probably wont do anything at all, but I have to admit, he's got a Cool name----Skyler Green

Kinda hard to get excited about a guy waived by the WR thin Cowboys. More so than that A ROOKIE drafted in the 4TH ROUND......

Sorry, but teams dont waive a 4TH ROUND draft pick during their ROOKIE season unless there is a good reason. Just a point of note---that article lists him as 5'9"(short) and having a

40 time of 4.53 thats a terrible time for a small receiver, the only WR's that can usually get away with being that slow are Bigger/Taller possesion type receivers. Keep in mind that a lot of LB's run the 40 in the 4.5-4.7 range, so the guy is probably slower than most CB's and about the speed of most LB's...and small.

That article also mentions that "he does not constantly make good decisions returning the ball"

so this seems like nothing more than just to fill in a WR spot temporarily.

He probably wont do anything at all, but I have to admit, he's got a Cool name----Skyler Green

Rich Braham was waived by the Cardinals during his rookie year and he was a third round pick. Ratliff had a worse 40 time than that and he is returning punts for us. If Green can do anything for us returning punts than he is a worthy aquisition

I don't expect much from him at all. But we've had so many injuries to our WR's, this can't be too bad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he wasn't brought in to replace Chad. but I'll also guess that he's a far more developed product at WR than Reggie McNeal... and our depth chart is getting pretty thin.

My guess is we'll never see him do anything but return a couple kicks (maybe not even that)... but I also won't dismiss him simply because Parcells wasn't patient with him. That's not really his bag.

Skyler Green was actually pretty big time in his sophomore season at LSU. He had a bunch of big plays throughout the year and played in that Oklahoma v LSU national championship game. I doubt he does anything this year, but I would throw caution to the wind and put him back there at PR. Ratliff really is THAT bad.

I agree that Ratliff is not an explosive returner, but I remember when a punt in the air was very nerve-racking for a Bengals fan. In the not so distant past you never knew what would happen with our punt returner back there. Ratliff at least catches the ball and secures it before he does his little side to side dance for 4-5 yards. As long as he continues to be sure handed and somewhat smart with his decisions to catch the ball or let it go I am happy with him.

I for one have learned that more signs we see that K-dub will be no more in Cincinnati, the more likely it is that he stays put. Fine by me, the goofy bastard does the job when called on.

Curnutte or Hobson ended their piece about the Squirrel by saying he has probably played his last down for the Bengals. I believe he was kept in the event that Henry was suspended or unable to play this year.

Does he have any value in a trade? I wouldn't be surprised to see him in an AFC North camp next summer if he is released outright.