Good Sign of things to come..

BengalPimp

This to me is more impressive, than say, winning a high scoring game by a couple of TD's. This is the type of game that thay needed, because when you get to the playoffs, you cant always win by scoring a lot of points, you need to be able to win, against great defenses who do a very good job of containing your offense. A 13-7 win against one of the NFL's best defenses shows me they are a lot more

"Playoff-Ready" and really seem out to prove something. Great team effort....

oh yeah, not to "knock" anybody, but-------Way to step-up Henry, way to NOT get in the stat-box. You know, you cant just expect to get the ball on a fade-route in the end zone all the time(even though you ARE very good at that), but you gotta do something in the other 99 yards of the field as well.

This to me is more impressive, than say, winning a high scoring game by a couple of TD's. This is the type of game that thay needed, because when you get to the playoffs, you cant always win by scoring a lot of points, you need to be able to win, against great defenses who do a very good job of containing your offense. A 13-7 win against one of the NFL's best defenses shows me they are a lot more

oh yeah, not to "knock" anybody, but-------Way to step-up Henry, way to NOT get in the stat-box. You know, you cant just expect to get the ball on a fade-route in the end zone all the time(even though you ARE very good at that), but you gotta do something in the other 99 yards of the field as well.

Chad and TJ went for 18 catches and nearly 200 yards. Carson only had like 23 completations and 230 yards.... Doesn't leave much room for Cheech to do much... Don't knock him when you have the best 2 WR in the game starting opposite of each other....

Your something else man, can't a guy have a bad day? Don't you remember How bad TJ houshmandzadeh was in his first coupld of seasons? TJ hardly drops a pass now. Chris is a huge asset and it's going to be because of people like you that will cost us a great #3 WR. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

Your something else man, can't a guy have a bad day? Don't you remember How bad TJ houshmandzadeh was in his first coupld of seasons? TJ hardly drops a pass now. Chris is a huge asset and it's going to be because of people like you that will cost us a great #3 WR. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

Cheech going somewhere I don't know about? When he comes up for free agency he leaves anyway, because there's no way he will want to stay behind Chad and TJ.

When Henry makes catches, it's because teams have decided to cover Chad and TJ and let Henry have single on a safety or something equally stupid. If teams don't favor Chad and TJ as much - like we saw last night - they'll be open and Carson won't be throwing to Cheech.

bad games happen, but lets take a look at the month of November(in which the Bengals played 5 games)

11/5 @Bal 2 rec/79 yards 0 TD

11/12 SD 2 rec/18 yards 1 TD

11/19 @NO 2 rec/24 yards 0 TD

11/26 @Cle 5 rec/41 yards 2 TD's

11/30 Bal 0 rec/0 yards 0 TD

while everyone is entitled to a bad game now and then, and although his 3 TD's in the 5 games is nice,

adding up the numbers for the last 5 games = 11 rec / 162 yards / 3 TD's or an average the last 5 games

of 2.2 rpg / 32.4 ypg / 0.6 TDpg not to mention his lack of any attempt to go after the ball on the final

drive vs. Bal on 11/5, or the drop in the end zone on the final drive vs. SD 11/12

I dont question his Size/Talent, nor his abilities in the Red Zone, my point was, a lot of people

(myself included) supported Henry, and wanted him back because we felt he would really be able to help us.

If he truly wants to be thought of as a "very good" receiver, He better damn well start playing like it.

Argue with me if you like....but the numbers dont LIE

Why would an internet poster on a Bengals fan site cost them a #3 WR? :blink:

bad games happen, but lets take a look at the month of November(in which the Bengals played 5 games)

while everyone is entitled to a bad game now and then, and although his 3 TD's in the 5 games is nice,

adding up the numbers for the last 5 games = 11 rec / 162 yards / 3 TD's or an average the last 5 games

of 2.2 rpg / 32.4 ypg / 0.6 TDpg not to mention his lack of any attempt to go after the ball on the final

drive vs. Bal on 11/5, or the drop in the end zone on the final drive vs. SD 11/12

I dont question his Size/Talent, nor his abilities in the Red Zone, my point was, a lot of people

(myself included) supported Henry, and wanted him back because we felt he would really be able to help us.

If he truly wants to be thought of as a "very good" receiver, He better damn well start playing like it.

I can't believe we're arguing the production of a #3 reciever. It's been awhile since kindergarten, but if I remember correctly, 3 comes after 1 and 2. That probably means Chris Henry is our third option, doesn't play every offensive dow, and probably isn't Carson's first read very often.

I guess if you're going to make the comment about numbers not lying you also need to mention (bring to the argument) that while that is going on this team's top receiver had a 3 game streak for yardage that hadn't been seen since 1970, and he had like 9 for 90+ and this team's second receiver had 10 for 106 last night with a TD. He's the #3 which means typically the #1 and #2 are going to get looks prior to him. I wouldn't expect him to go lights out and compare his TD / catch ratio to CJ at this stage in his career, it is unheard of - like one TD every 4.8 catches or something. As you said... numbers don't lie.

Back to the original topic for a bit. There was a stat in the paper last week and it said that since 1985 the Bengals were 1-117 when they scored less than 14 points. That one win was the 12-3 game against Cleveland in the late 1980's.

Look at this year, they lost 14-13 to TB and 38-13 vs. NE. I think it shows that this team has always been built for offense first and if the offense isn't getting it done then our defense was unable to win games for us.

So it appears that, once again, Marvin and Co. may have exorcised one more demon from the land of the dead (ie: the 1990's). It would be nice to be able to win a few more like that for a change. Maybe in the playoffs too? :cheers:

stupid people that continue to talk trash about Henry will ultimately run him out of cincy...

Back to the original topic for a bit. There was a stat in the paper last week and it said that since 1985 the Bengals were 1-117 when they scored less than 14 points. That one win was the 12-3 game against Cleveland in the late 1980's.

Look at this year, they lost 14-13 to TB and 38-13 vs. NE. I think it shows that this team has always been built for offense first and if the offense isn't getting it done then our defense was unable to win games for us.

So it appears that, once again, Marvin and Co. may have exorcised one more demon from the land of the dead (ie: the 1990's). It would be nice to be able to win a few more like that for a change. Maybe in the playoffs too? :cheers:

I think it's a little early to proclaim this defense a juggernaut (I realize noone said this, but in the playoffs I would still rely on the offense). In my opinion, I would still like to see Bres go. If this continues for the rest of the season (especially against Indy, I'll change my mind). I expect a good showing next week against Oakland, but the real tests will come soon enough.

stupid people that continue to talk trash about Henry will ultimately run him out of cincy...

If Henry is thin-skinned enough that he would leave a team because of a fan forum... he's in the wrong profession.

Secondly... if Henry thinks he's going to get a pay-day from any team other than the Bengals, he's dreaming. Up to this point, the only headlines he's been getting have been involving jail-time and court cases. In fact... the only time I can remember the national media talking about Henry in any fashion related to football was on the play he quit on against Baltimore resulting in a late Palmer INT. That's what teams are looking for. There isn't a team in the NFL that would pay him #2 money... let alone #1. So if all he's going to be is a #3... why not do it here.

It is my belief that Henry will be doing one of two things for the next several years. 1) playing WR for the Bengals; or 2) serving a prison sentence.

He's not going to leave the team that has given him so many chances, and he's not going to leave the QB that is making him look so good. The only reason he will leave the Bengals is if he is forced to.

Did anybody see the clips from the Bengals locker room after the game? Marvin could be heard saying, " I don't want any phone calls Sunday night," as he dismissed the team. Wonder what he meant by that? :rolleyes:

:lmao:

See what happens when the defense pulls their own weight, and does their job? Today I'm the biggest "horn tooter" the Bengals defense has! GREAT JOB CINCY "D!" Watching them punish the Ravens rushing attack all night long made my d**k hard! :blush:

LOL and stupid actions by Henry will run him out of the League...blah blah blah

and stupid fans like you are why teams like the Raiders trade and pay for players like Randy Moss.

I'm sorry I dont want to compare the two, because they dont have anything in common, like say...arrests, marijuana charges, wasting talent, size,speed, physical tools that are wasted by not giving full effort...stop me whenever you like.

Bottom Line.....11 catches 162 yards in the last 5 games........162yrds /5 games = 32.4 ypg 11 catches/5 games = 2.2 catches per game

Chad has put up numbers, TJ has put up numbers, Do you think its because Palmer just looks for them? NO its because they get open, Carson will throw to whoever is open,

Chad and TJ are only 2 players, no matter how good they are...Henry should be producing a whole lot more there are plenty of balls to go around, if you get yourself open because we dont use our TE in the passing game.