Ravens Bengals Game Thread

Tasher

Lol at marvins post game speach...

Can you sum up what he said for me? I missed it

Had to do with players staying out of trouble for next 3 days :P

Marv said that JJ is going to the JUGs machine drill, the one for WRs, where they picth footballs at you at, like 900 mph, till you catch them all!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lol....he needs it!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks that way. But Brooks can throw deep better than the last 2 QBs the Bengals faced. And they're defense has solidified. May actually be a better defense than what they faced tonight.

I agree. This game is probably the one that makes me most uncomfortable out of all the ones left, even before tonight's game. I just don't think it's a trap game -- anyone honest can see it's likely to be a tough one. Unlike the Browns, I don't expect the Raiders to just roll over. Plus the Bengals hav a sort of mini-bye coming now, and they always seem to suck after a long layoff. But I'll take the time to get healthy.

One game at a time. Raiders next. Time to focus. :bengal:

Looks that way. But Brooks can throw deep better than the last 2 QBs the Bengals faced. And they're defense has solidified. May actually be a better defense than what they faced tonight.

I agree. This game is probably the one that makes me most uncomfortable out of all the ones left, even before tonight's game. I just don't think it's a trap game -- anyone honest can see it's likely to be a tough one. Unlike the Browns, I don't expect the Raiders to just roll over. Plus the Bengals hav a sort of mini-bye coming now, and they always seem to suck after a long layoff. But I'll take the time to get healthy.

One game at a time. Raiders next. Time to focus. :bengal:

Hopefully it's cold. Don't underestimate the effect of west coast teams coming east and having to play in cold weather games. Honeslty, the Raiders suck. Don't give them so much credit, I have watched enough of them to know these things. Their D is solid, but this offense can dominate the best defenses, and I expect nothing less.

Hopefully it's cold. Don't underestimate the effect of west coast teams coming east and having to play in cold weather games. Honeslty, the Raiders suck. Don't give them so much credit, I have watched enough of them to know these things. Their D is solid, but this offense can dominate the best defenses, and I expect nothing less.

I have less faith in the weather, outside of Freezer Bowl-type stuff. It can be overcome. And I agree that the Raiders suck. The Bengals also sucked for many a long year...but every year they somehow got that win they ought not to have had. OK, not that last LeBeau year but Someone Upstairs was on our side, if you get my drift. But anyhow...remember the first Ravens game? They have a good D, our O coughs up the ball a couple times and suddenly...poof.

I'm not saying the Raiders will win. But I am saying that the Bengals can't afford more than one more loss, at most (and even 10-6 may leave them outside looking in) and they certainly can't afford to rack up another L here, not with Indy and Denver and even sh*tty Pitty left to go.

Focus, boys, focus. :bengal:

I don't know if the Raiders D is better than Baltimore. They are fairly disciplined in their schemes, but Carson should be able to eat their young Corners alive. Asomogha/Washington are fast, but they tend to get beat deep on occasiion.

The Raiders are not a better defense than the Ravens. They have the top ranked pass defense statistically... but at least some of that is because their run defense is pourous. They give up over 130 rushing yards/game. (They also don't have to play Carson Palmer and our WR's most weeks). Oakland is also giving up a TD more per game than Baltimore. And let's not forget that their offense is ranked dead last (by a considerable margin).

We have 10 days until that game, and they'll be ready for it... so for my part, I'm looking ahead 17 days to Indianapolis. We're playing too well, with too big a chip on our shoulder, with too much at stake... to have a let down game at this point in the season.

Hopefully it's cold. Don't underestimate the effect of west coast teams coming east and having to play in cold weather games.

Does anyone here remember the "Ice Bowl" when the Bengals played San Diego with Dan Fouts at QB in Cincy? The Chargers came out bundled up like Eskimos, while the Bengals emerged from the locker room in short sleeves. Mind f**ked the hell out of them! :lol:

Hopefully it's cold. Don't underestimate the effect of west coast teams coming east and having to play in cold weather games.

Does anyone here remember the "Ice Bowl" when the Bengals played San Diego with Dan Fouts at QB in Cincy? The Chargers came out bundled up like Eskimos, while the Bengals emerged from the locker room in short sleeves. Mind f**ked the hell out of them! :lol:

It helped that San Diego played in the "Humid Bowl" the week before in Miami. A lot of people say that was one of the most draining games in the history of the NFL... and San Diego had to then go and play in one of the coldest games in the history of the NFL. Not a good situation for back to back games.

But of course. That game -- actually known as the Freezer Bowl; the Ice Bowl was the '67 NFL championship game between the Cowboys and Packers -- is probably the most legendary of bengals games. It's the only one I know of that's earned a "bowl" nickname. Great, great game, and the o-lines psych-out stunt with bare sleeves was a touch of genius.

But of course. That game -- actually known as the Freezer Bowl; the Ice Bowl was the '67 NFL championship game between the Cowboys and Packers -- is probably the most legendary of bengals games. It's the only one I know of that's earned a "bowl" nickname. Great, great game, and the o-lines psych-out stunt with bare sleeves was a touch of genius.

Thanks for the correction Hoosier. I had my cold metafors mixed up. :rolleyes:

Oakland is in northern cali which rains alot and is very cold like oregon...It's not like san diego,LA & SF.

So I woulden't count on weather bothering them mybe snow but thats about it.

what I was really pumped up about at the game is how loud the crowd was... I have been going to games my whole life from riverfront to PBS and I have never heard it as loud as it was last night... We gotta keep that up goin into the oakland game and pittsburgh...

it's nice actually having the other teams QB having delay of game and their Oline jumping off sides...hopfully our fans learned.

I don't know if the Raiders D is better than Baltimore. They are fairly disciplined in their schemes, but Carson should be able to eat their young Corners alive. Asomogha/Washington are fast, but they tend to get beat deep on occasiion.

The Raiders are not a better defense than the Ravens. They have the top ranked pass defense statistically... but at least some of that is because their run defense is pourous. They give up over 130 rushing yards/game. (They also don't have to play Carson Palmer and our WR's most weeks). Oakland is also giving up a TD more per game than Baltimore. And let's not forget that their offense is ranked dead last (by a considerable margin).

The Raider offense is as bad as the Clowns. But I'm not so sure they're defense won't put up a hellacious fight vs. Bengals. Their D started off slow and gave up about 28 a game in the first 4 but since then they've actually given up 1 less point than the Ratbirds have in their last 7 counting the Bengals game. They had held teams to less than 20 in their 6 games before last week when the Bolts put 21 up on them.

But so long as the Bengals D don't disappear as fast as they appeared the last couple weeks, the Raiders D will have to be on the field way too long not to eventually get put away if the Bengals O don't start strong.

The Raider offense is as bad as the Clowns. But I'm not so sure they're defense won't put up a hellacious fight vs. Bengals.

I'm certain the D will -- and while the Raider's offense has stunk it up all year, they finally got Aaron "Jeff Blake Jr." Brooks back at QB, and he can fling it around. A couple of rainbows to Moss and this is a real fight.

what I was really pumped up about at the game is how loud the crowd was... I have been going to games my whole life from riverfront to PBS and I have never heard it as loud as it was last night... We gotta keep that up goin into the oakland game and pittsburgh...

Excellent point. I was very proud of our crowd Thursday. Except for the part during the national anthem, a guy had the wrong hand over his heart, but it was completely excuseable, because his beer was in that hand :lol:

Excellent point. I was very proud of our crowd Thursday. Except for the part during the national anthem, a guy had the wrong hand over his heart, but it was completely excuseable, because his beer was in that hand :lol:

And surely 'loudness of crowd' has a lot to do with it being so many of the hometeam fans. I bring this up because we all know how the topic always comes up about Bengals fans selling their tickets, etc ... especially for the Steeler game. This could become a very big game for the Bengals on 12/31. And one thing that was recently discussed in Pittsburgh regarding the 27-0 demolishing the Ravens handed them was that there were so few Steeler fans in the stadium for that game (relative to how many would normally be there). I'm sure you all know how vocal Billick has been about the hometeam fans keeping their tickets. Well, I think it really needs to be the same for us on 12/31. My bet is that times are changing and teams (especially division rivals) are not giving up their tickets to Urine fans. That's a good thing, and I think you will continue to see the Steelers start to struggle more on the road as a result (i.e. their lone win on the road this year is a lucky comeback win in Cleveland).

It's not too early to start reminding the Bengal faithful to hold on to their tickets for 12/31!!!!