Craptacular Weather Tonite

membengal

100% chance of rain with 20-30 mph winds out of the SSE? Guess kicking field goals toward the river is going to be an adventure, as will passing the ball that direction.

Still, wish I could be there tonight screaming with everyone else.

That definitley favors the Ravens. Hopefully Rudi brings his hard hat tonight!

I'm not so sure. The Bengals play in bad weather as much as any other NFL team, and thanks to the lack of a cozy practice bubble, even practice in crappy weather, something almost no other team does these days. If anyone is prepared to handle a night like this, I'd have to think it's Cincy.

That definitley favors the Ravens. Hopefully Rudi brings his hard hat tonight!

I'm not so sure. The Bengals play in bad weather as much as any other NFL team, and thanks to the lack of a cozy practice bubble, even practice in crappy weather, something almost no other team does these days. If anyone is prepared to handle a night like this, I'd have to think it's Cincy.

Yeah, but being the passing team we are, it's gonna be hard to throw in 25MPH winds. The Ravens are back to being a running football team, and even though we've imporved, we're still not considered a run stopping team and struggle to stop the run consistently

Yeah, but being the passing team we are, it's gonna be hard to throw in 25MPH winds. The Ravens are back to being a running football team, and even though we've imporved, we're still not considered a run stopping team and struggle to stop the run consistently

Don't let a couple magic moments from Jamal fool you. The Ravens have been as reliant on the passing game as we have. The Bengals, in fact, actually average slightly more rush yards per game than the Ravens, 101 vs. 100. The Ravens only average about 40 yards a game less than the Bengals passing, and the majority of their TDs, like ours, have come through the air.

If Palmer struggles, well, no doubt McNair will, too -- probably more. But whaever the weather I expect Carson to put it up, and to be successful doing so.

Carson's got the better arm at this point, over McNair, so perhaps better able to deal with nasty winds.

I wouldn't mind seeing the occasional throw from McNair sail. At the least, Carson has far more experience with PBS winds than McNair does.

Having a hard time concentrating at work today...

Don't let a couple magic moments from Jamal fool you. The Ravens have been as reliant on the passing game as we have. The Bengals, in fact, actually average slightly more rush yards per game than the Ravens, 101 vs. 100. The Ravens only average about 40 yards a game less than the Bengals passing, and the majority of their TDs, like ours, have come through the air.

If Palmer struggles, well, no doubt McNair will, too -- probably more. But whaever the weather I expect Carson to put it up, and to be successful doing so.

You bastard, i just read an article on NFL.com that supports your point. They are passing more since the departure of Fassel, and they're succeeding at it.

I'M f**king PUMPED! 8:00 can't get here soon enough! If it's raining like they're calling for It's going to be one hell of a game. We better put the 25 touches for Rudi theory to the test because he never, ever, ever fumbles the rock...

I actually like going to bad weather games. I don't think it will affect us much.

I say Bengals 21 Ratbirds 16.

Work is dragging like a bitch today!

:cheers: WHO-DEY!

I know what your sayin. I'm outa here in 2 hours. Can I get a WHO-DEY!

Today has been the SLOWEST day ever... :lmao::lmao:

Man, even I am to the point where I care more about the Ravens than the Steelers! Now that should say something. I want this win ... I want it BADLY! I don't care how, I don't care if it's offense, defense, special teams, or McNair tripping over his own feet coming out of the tunnel. Just win.

I can't wait.

Man, even I am to the point where I care more about the Ravens than the Steelers! Now that should say something. I want this win ... I want it BADLY! I don't care how, I don't care if it's offense, defense, special teams, or McNair tripping over his own feet coming out of the tunnel. Just win.

I can't wait.

Patience my friend, A win I garuantee! No way will we lose this game at home, Prime Time. No way whatsoever!!!

Derek, you can just pay me my money now homey! 1,000,007 smackaroo's (zone dollars, that is).

I can't wait.

Patience my friend, A win I garuantee! No way will we lose this game at home, Prime Time. No way whatsoever!!!

Derek, you can just pay me my money now homey! 1,000,007 smackaroo's (zone dollars, that is).

We win and I am quite sure I will still be sitting here on the board 12 hours from now. Su-weet.

I think I know why they don't normally play NFL games during the week. I feel like I've been at work for 10 hours now. I just went to STUBHUB.COM and noticed that there is only 5-8 options for seats. I checked earlier this week and there was between 20-40 different options, so hopefully they're being sold to the rowdiest 12th man we've seen this year.

No way do I care about the Ravens more than the Steelers. This year it makes sense to pull for the Steelers to beat the Ravens... but don't think for a second that I was disappointed to see Big Ben and the Steelers get absolutely manhandled and embarrassed.

Nope... I just don't muster up the kind of hatred for the Ravens that I do for the Steelers. Don't get me wrong... they are a divisional rival, and we need to beat them, but I am in no way as pumped about this game as I would be if it were a Pittsburgh game in the same situation.

No way do I care about the Ravens more than the Steelers. This year it makes sense to pull for the Steelers to beat the Ravens... but don't think for a second that I was disappointed to see Big Ben and the Steelers get absolutely manhandled and embarrassed.

Nope... I just don't muster up the kind of hatred for the Ravens that I do for the Steelers. Don't get me wrong... they are a divisional rival, and we need to beat them, but I am in no way as pumped about this game as I would be if it were a Pittsburgh game in the same situation.

Agreed. ... but for a day, I'll transfer my hatred. Come Friday morning, and I have to deal with these folks face-to-face again, well, yeah, I agree ... back to hatin'.

I guess it's confession time. I was pulling hard for the Ravens and had a blast watching the Steelers get blown out. In my defense, I may be the founder of the Blind Homer movement, but I've long written off all hope of winning the division.

That said, we're playing wild cards, and the Ravens are standing in our way. (Spank 'em.)