We beat the Ravens this week.

walzav29

My dad scored me some tickets so I will be there. It's going to be my first Bengals game.

Good for you Blain. Hopefully you'll get to witness the Bengals pluck and gut the Ratbirds.

It'll be interesting to see how the Bengals approach this game defensively...whether they put Ahmad Brooks back in the middle or let Caleb continue his newfound Jim LeClair ways. Also, if Thornton doesn't go, Shaun Smith will be relied heavily vs. the run with Peko and probably B-Rob in for pass rush. Maybe Fanene gets some snaps this week too if the Bengals activate him off the PUP roster exemption that ends today.

It'd be great if Deltha can play but if not, I would expect McNair to have more success hitting his WRs. Heap should get his but between Caleb, Landon, Madieu and Dex Jack, somebody should be [primed to make a bigtime play on him.

The vaunted Ratbird defense should get Palmerized for this one and Rudi ought to get near 100 yds....But the O-line looks like it will still be Whitworth at LT, Bluto at C and Stacy the Giant at RG so I wouldn't be surprised to see some leaks.

Still, the Bengals look like they should click on both sides of the ball.

Bengals 27

Ratbirds 13

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Bengals 35 Raven 16. The Bengals have a nice prime-time home winning streak going I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but

Miami - W 16-13

Denver - W23-10

Baltimore - ????

Then let's not forget our * pre-season blowouts at home over the Reskins and Packers. It's preseason, but the level of play has been very sharp at home on primetime games.

:bangin:

I say Bengals 35 Raven 16. The Bengals have a nice prime-time home winning streak going I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but

Miami - W 16-13

Denver - W23-10

Baltimore - ????

Then let's not forget our * pre-season blowouts at home over the Reskins and Packers. It's preseason, but the level of play has been very sharp at home on primetime games.

...and then Indy will be a Monday night Victim........ :bangin:

I AM the wagon baby! Like I said. I'm still rooting, but it's going to be a miracle. I love the Bengals, but those losses put them in quite the hole.

How can you say "Its going to be a miracle". There is still alot of time left in this season. Our chances of making the playoffs are really good. We can beat every team that's left on our schedule, maybe even Indy if they are playing their starters. The way our offense is clicking, we can beat any team in the League.

Going into the first meeting against the Ravens, the Bengals were averaging 22 points per game (7 games) and having lost 3 of 4. They scored 20 against them, and lost by 6.

Going into this second meeting, they are averaging 34 points per game since then (3 games) and having won 2 of 3. I say they put 30 on them, and win 30-21.

Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers... Bengals must protect the ball.

Get off the field on 3rd down...Don't let the Birds, run it down your throat and churn up the TOP

Bring the intensity...Bengals always come out flat for big games at home

Try wearing the orange socks....12 straight victories while wearing the orange socks.

Knowing that the Bengals will probably come out with Black jerseys and white pants and black socks.

Knowing that the Bengals always seem to lose big games at home.

Knowing that Todd Heap will catch 5 3rd down passes converting them into first downs.

I pray for a victory, but my head tells me different.

Ravens 20

Bengals 17

it's safe to say Cinci has their heads on a bit straighter than Baltimore does right now. It would be hard for any team not to be sky high with the season Baltimore is having.

ERRONEOUS! The Ravens are looking at nothing more than 10-2 this week. This is a veteran team that isn't satisfied with dismissing the very poor Stealers. I'm not saying you can't win, I'm just saying please don't think we're overlooking anybody. Your defending division champs right?

...and just like the prodigal 2,000 yard back I have returned.

Yeah, and it only took your team going 9-2 for ya to find the sack to come back, eh? :P

But WTF, welcome back. IMHO if someone not named the Bengals has to win the division I'd rather it be the Rats than the Clowns or Stoolers.

And Balti ought to win the division, even if they lose Thursday. They got three gimmees to end the season and anything les than 12-4 has to be considered a disappointment. If somehow they fall apart and lose the crown to Cincy remind me to laugh long and hard at you and 'zona.

As for Thursday, right now I have to give the edge to the Bengals. I don't think the Ravens will be overlooking Cincy, but Cincy has a lot more to lose Thursday night than Baltimore does. We can go back and forth on who the short week might favor (Cincy slightly, I think), and whether home field counts for anything for the Bengals (not much, IMHO) and, of course, the ins and outs of the first game, in which Cincys mistakes played a big role in the loss. But the bottom line is that this game right now looks like it will be a brutal contest.

So let the best team (the Bengals of course, remember, TJ said so! :lol:) win!

:ravesux:

it's safe to say Cinci has their heads on a bit straighter than Baltimore does right now. It would be hard for any team not to be sky high with the season Baltimore is having.

ERRONEOUS! The Ravens are looking at nothing more than 10-2 this week. This is a veteran team that isn't satisfied with dismissing the very poor Stealers. I'm not saying you can't win, I'm just saying please don't think we're overlooking anybody. Your defending division champs right?

...and just like the prodigal 2,000 yard back I have returned.

Listening to Bart Scott and a little from McNair on the NFL Network last night and yeah...your team no doubt will be prepared to play at their highest level. Those vets make a difference too and the peak they got set in their sights should make this game all the more energized. They know if they have a snowball's chance to be anything more than 1 and done they got to stop an extreme offense like the Bengals on the road. They did cuff the Bolts but that was early before Rivers really took off and in Balti IIRC.

So it boils down to Baltimore trying to deliver the proof that they're more than 1 and done and the Bengals fighting for their playoff lives.

Should be a the most brutal game of the year. :cheers:

If it's "brutal" the Ravens win. If this game turns into who is tougher, the Ravens win. That's just our style. However, if the Bengals can keep it a finesse game, fast paced, lots of passes, their odds go up.

Obviously, we all see the positives of our own teams. I expect it be close, and by close I mean the Ravens only win by 10.

If it's "brutal" the Ravens win. If this game turns into who is tougher, the Ravens win. That's just our style. However, if the Bengals can keep it a finesse game, fast paced, lots of passes, their odds go up.

Obviously, we all see the positives of our own teams. I expect it be close, and by close I mean the Ravens only win by 10.

I would agree that we don't want it to be a slugfest, necessarily, but to say our odds only go up if it becomes a finesse passing game would be a slight understatement... In my perfect world we'd get up 14 on you boys and then have to take it out of Jamal's and put it in McNair's hands to win it. I really, really like my chances in that scenario. The other side of that is your defense expects greatness everytime, they get down 14 they'd get anxious and start to press to make a big momentum changing play - that leaves them ripe for a big play going against them too.

Just like NE coming in here some weeks ago - Baltimore would like to have it, but we have to have it...

Cincy - 31

Balti - 17

I predicted the Bengals to lose and I still think they will but the Ravens know they can't stop the Bengals.

The Bengals will score on the Ravens, they always find a way to, ever since that comeback in 04

I still think the Bengals find a way to lose at home, more often than not.

I will say this, if the Bengals win this game, I can easily see them running the table and finishing 11-5. And it may set up a rematch in Baltimore in the playoffs.

If the Bengals make the playoffs as a wild card, it is destined to be a rematch, NE, INDY, BALT, SD/DEN/KC

they have played them all, and those are the teams that will win the divisions.

Well this is what you don't get. The Bengals are a mentally and physically tougher team than the Ratbirds. Brutal favors the Bengals because they are stronger on both sides of the line of scrimmage even with 3 of their starting O-linemen out. What you perceive as your style may have worked last week vs. a team that has collapsed in on itself like the Steelers and in mighty 1 point wins over the likes of the Titans and the Clowns but it a delusion that the Bengals should expose like other teams with offensive firepower will.

And to think the Rats keep close by winning by only 10 is a case of head-up-the-a$$ syndrome. The playoff mousse in what's left of Brian Billick's hair is making you girlish giddy. :blush:

I believe the Ravens clinch the division with a win.....not entirely dissimilar in importance to them as our game against Pittsburgh late last year....essentially the division was on the line

Your right, this is a must win for the Bengals. Are you saying that the Ravens will win? I don't think they are going to stand a chance this time around.

Well this is what you don't get. The Bengals are a mentally and physically tougher team than the Ratbirds. Brutal favors the Bengals because they are stronger on both sides of the line of scrimmage even with 3 of their starting O-linemen out. What you perceive as your style may have worked last week vs. a team that has collapsed in on itself like the Steelers and in mighty 1 point wins over the likes of the Titans and the Clowns but it a delusion that the Bengals should expose like other teams with offensive firepower will.

And to think the Rats keep close by winning by only 10 is a case of head-up-the-a$$ syndrome. The playoff mousse in what's left of Brian Billick's hair is making you girlish giddy. :blush:

If you're dominant on both sides of the ball then how were the ravens able to dominate the T.O.P. in the manner that they did?

If you're dominant on both sides of the ball then how were the ravens able to dominate the T.O.P. in the manner that they did?

The answer is clear that we are not "dominant" on both sides of the ball (besides... I think schweinhart was referencing the play of the lines... not the entire team). I don't think anyone would describe our defense as "dominant." But you also need to look at how our last game against you played out.

1) Our defense played absolutely terrible on 3rd down. We gave up four 3rd and longs... and you were still only 6 of 15 on 3rd down.

2) Carson Palmer had the worst game of his career.

3) We were -3 in turnover differential.

4) We were losing by 14 with only 4:32 off the 1st quarter clock.

Now... consider all those factors against us (which I guarantee not all 4 of them will be true again... maybe none of them)... and we still only lost by 6 points (including a very controversial no-call of pass-interference on Houshmandzadeh).

So... who's the better team? Well, you guys won the game. You were the better team. You're 9-2, we're 6-5. Fine. But if you go by how the teams are playing right this minute and if you consider how much the Bengals have overcome so far this season (look at our current injury report... not to mention the 4 players we've lost for the season), I think a very good argument can be made that the Bengals are the superior team.

The fun part about this... it won't be a matter of debate much longer. I think the Bengals are going to win, you think the Ravens will. It doesn't matter much what you or I think. It will play out in front of our eyes in less than 28 hours... and one of us will be right.

Personally, I don't buy the comparisons to the 2000 Ravens D. First of all the 2000 D has a SB ring, second they pitched 5 shut outs that year. I think the 2006 Ravens' D is good, but they still have a lot to prove to be mentioned in the same breath as the 2000 D.

I suspect that the Ravens have as much intesity going into this game as the Bengals do. What happened 3 weeks ago is history. The Bengals are playing to keep their Play-Off hopes alive, and the Ravens are coming into Cincy to clinch the Division. I think we're in for a slobber knocking nail biter, not a blow-out either way.

If the Bengals win, they will have beaten a good team. If the Ravens win the same holds true.

May the best team win.

BTW - I'm glad I FINALLY found an active Bengals forum to post on. I've been a member of Bengals Insider for a few years, but it's pretty dead over there.

...and hello walzav.

Let me rephrase what I think in another way:

The game can play out many ways: either team gets up big, it's close throughout, it's a turnover fest, it's a shootout

Looking at this, in most scenarios I see the Ravens winning, and the limiting factor is the Ravens defense. If the Bengals get up big early, I'll give it to the Bengals. If it's a turnover fest (both teams), I'll give it to the Bengals b/c the offense is more productive than ours.

But, any other scenario, the Ravens win. There is no question about physicality and style, to state otherwise just doesn't make sense. If it's close, I'll give it to our defense to make a play. If the Ravens get up big early, then replay of last game. If the Bengals turn it over, goodnight.