We beat the Ravens this week.

walzav29

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at this game as a playoff game, more or less.

a) you need victories, of course, but also.....

B) you need conference and division victories for tiebreakers, and....

c) you need to be able to beat good teams to be able to play well in the playoffs, should you make it at all, and....

d) a Ravens loss will give the Colts some breathing room in their quest for home field advantage, which *may* mean they coast in their game against us later this season

I know it. This is the kind of game where the Bengals just blow their doors off. Thursday night, it will be hyped, and this loss left a bad taste in our boys mouths. You hear all of this 2000 Ravens talk and this offense will show it's BS. There is no way the Bengals lose this game.

Oy vey! I hope so wal, I hope so. I'm (almost) as optimistic as the next guy, but the Rats keep winning games that I expect them to struggle in. What I'm focusing on is that they have essentially locked-up the division (I know, not mathematically, but it's only human nature to look at it that way) and they could be a little satisfied. If they had lost to Pitt. I would be very concerned (although the loss would have helped us -- stupid squeels). At any rate, these are the games we were hoping to be having -- absolutely no reason for a lack of focus by the Bengals. Huuuuuuggggeeee game with everybody watching.

Huuuuuuggggeeee game with everybody watching.

Nobody's going to be watching. There are 40 million households that don't get the NFL network (including mine). Only people who desperately want to see it are going to.

Fair enough -- allow me to restate: "Huuuuuggggeeeee game with me watching." Could there be a better advertisement for Directv? You are learning what I learned about 4 years ago -- cable sucks and keeps getting worse. Commercial over.

Actually I don't give a rats on whether it's shown, considering I'll be at the game. But it does have to suck for those of you folks without Directv. I think our boys give the rats a nice spanking this week.

Huh? Overconfidence will be a problem for the Ravens, but not for the Bengals? How the hell does that work?

Um no, Cinci is fighting for their lives. Baltimore is 9-2 with the Division all but locked up, coming off a shutout of the defending illegitimite superbowl champions. I'd say it's safe to say Cinci has their heads on a bit straighter than Baltimore does right now. It would be hard for any team not to be sky high with the season Baltimore is having.

it's safe to say Cinci has their heads on a bit straighter than Baltimore does right now. It would be hard for any team not to be sky high with the season Baltimore is having.

ERRONEOUS! The Ravens are looking at nothing more than 10-2 this week. This is a veteran team that isn't satisfied with dismissing the very poor Stealers. I'm not saying you can't win, I'm just saying please don't think we're overlooking anybody. Your defending division champs right?

...and just like the prodigal 2,000 yard back I have returned.

I'm sure the Ravens will take the Bengals seriously. It's a primetime road game (for them), and winning the game guarantees them the division championship (just like @ Pit did for us last season).

It's much more simple to me... The Bengals appear to be playing much more complete football than they have been since the 3-0 start. The Ravens certainly appear to be on top of their game as well.

The better team will win.

We keep the The Ravens defense out of the end zone we will win. The 2 Touchdowns they scored we're thanks to the Defense ( Ed Reed & Samari Rolle) and the fumble on the Opening Kickoff ( gift wrapped TD for offense). Their offense couldnt get into the endzone on their own, they got 4 FG's.

We win this one....

Bengals 28 Ravens 19

Why is the game on Thurs?? and why is not on regular cbs or espn since it is?

NFL network got the rights to show a Thursday nt game each week after the Thanksgiving week. So the game is only shown on NFL network, Direct TV, and I believe in the local markets of the teams playing.

Since Time Warner sucks fat hairy b*lls, those of us who used to get nfl network through adelphia now have to suffer with time warner...oh well, good excuse to go to the bar.

Oh yeah, and I think the bengals will be ready for this game, and will lay the smack down on baltimore.

WHODEY!