Playoff Possiblities and Scenarios

schnarfer

As for Steelers fans, they were so rude and obnoxious when we played them in the playoffs in 04. Annoyingly rude!! 99% of the fans around the NFL would prbaly have had some sytmpathy for Jets fans after Doug Brien missed 2 FGs and they probably would ackowledge that it was a pretty good performance by NY who were 10 pt dogs. Those fans were not having any of that and just acted like jerkoffs after that game (and before and during). I was so happy NE toasted them the following week and I HATE NE so that tells you how much I hate Steelers fans.

There you have it. A Steeler fan tried to tell me that Bengal fans were the least popular fans in the USA, and that everyone hates them. I tried to explain to him that the only people who hate Bengal fans are Steeler fans... but Steeler fans have a way of assuming the whole world sees things the way they do. It's like the only-child syndrome.

Oh well. Steeler fans are jerks... and here's a non-AFC North fan that will testify to it.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Steelers fans, they were so rude and obnoxious when we played them in the playoffs in 04. Annoyingly rude!! 99% of the fans around the NFL would prbaly have had some sytmpathy for Jets fans after Doug Brien missed 2 FGs and they probably would ackowledge that it was a pretty good performance by NY who were 10 pt dogs. Those fans were not having any of that and just acted like jerkoffs after that game (and before and during). I was so happy NE toasted them the following week and I HATE NE so that tells you how much I hate Steelers fans.

There you have it. A Steeler fan tried to tell me that Bengal fans were the least popular fans in the USA, and that everyone hates them. I tried to explain to him that the only people who hate Bengal fans are Steeler fans... but Steeler fans have a way of assuming the whole world sees things the way they do. It's like the only-child syndrome.

Oh well. Steeler fans are jerks... and here's a non-AFC North fan that will testify to it.

Try living among them. Ugh.

Really rooting for the Bengals and Jets to make it.

Oh, me too. I have a close friend who is a ridiculously huge Jets fan. I mean ridiculously huge seriously -- if he was sleeping with the hottest woman in the universe and Wayne Chrebet came up and said, I want to do your woman, he'd say, here ya go and I consider it an honor. :lol: (And if you think that's nuts you don't want to know what he"d do for Derek Jeter!) But we have always said that if it comes down to an AFC championship game between the Bengals and the Jets we will get tickets and be there if we have to sell everything we own.

Of course, my fervent dream is to see such a thing come to pass...in the Meadowlands...and to see the Bengals kick the Jets up one side of the field and down the other...but let's not get ahead of ourselves here, eh? :lol: Good luck agains the Bills! :cheers:

Well, apparently you haven't read this board very much, or you would realize that most of the fans are pretty upset with our criminal situation.

However, if you are such a moral person, please denounce your Super Bowls from your glory days, go to the Chargers website and speak of their lack of morality (which is far worse than the Bengals), and I also would like to know what team near here wins without arrested players? The only thing PIT does these days is lose.

First off, I hate to point this out, but there's only one team near to Cincinnati that wins, and their colors ain't orange...maybe there will come a time when you guys will measure success in championships, and not 7-5 records, losses in the playoffs coupled with excuses, and the misfortunes of your rival team. But hey, whatever you guys gotta do...keep in mind, if you lose today, you're only one game better than the Steelers, with one more meeting with them to go.

Granted 6-7 is far from the most admirable position, but I do find it rather interesting a Bengals fan is going to insult a Steelers team in regards to winning or losing, considering Cincinnati is barely over .500 over the last four years (if they even are over .500) and haven't won a playoff game since Boomer Esiason. Don't think the one season the Bengals have had over Pittsburgh since Bush Sr. was in office (and the season isn't over yet) is something you can switch over to your advantage. No offense, you guys know nothing about winning. If the Kansas City Royals win a division next year, and lose in the playoffs, do they go out next season popping off to Minnesota and Chicago? Just seems silly...

Just as an aside, I went to Jacksonville to watch the Jaguars kick the hell out of the Steelers on Monday Night and the fans were horribly obnoxious, borderline dangerous. Do we see a trend here? Do you welcome any and all fans into your stadium and treat them like family? No, and no one does. Don't hold Steelers fans to a higher standard because you hate their team.

Barrett Brooks was arrested, yes, but you'll also notice he is no longer on the team, and wasn't all season. Don't think the arrest isn't linked with his release, either. I'll give you Santonio - our coach, ownership and fans were outwardly disgusted by that news - but 1. we won without him last year. 2. His first charge was given by Miami police who themselves said was less than a jaywalking citation, and certainly not on the same level as DWI, public intox or myriad other ways the Bengals have found themselves in trouble with the law. 3. The second charge was dismissed earlier this month, and was never viewed as anything more than neighbors complaining because he and his girlfriend were arguing too loudly. Cops even said that, too. Case got dismissed with no fine or probation.

And yes, the Steelers fans who actually threatened the lady who's car Ben wrongfully ran into were completely wrong (far worse than what Santonio did). But Cincinnati fans showed genuine class in calling for the life of Kimo VonOelhoffen. Let's at least agree on that; fans can be terrible anywhere you go.

You bring up a very good point about Cincinnati perhaps shouldering a bit too much of what is clearly a league problem (if Cincy is example 1, San Diego right now is 1A). It was more or less an appeal for the fans to speak up to their respective owners in regards to the behavior that exists throughout the league - the Steelers included. However, the Steelers franchise has a track record for not dealing with players of this nature. It doesn't seem to me your coach and ownership have much of a problem bringing in these types of players, which is understandable to a point. The issue lies more in what's obviously a lack of desire to show any real discipline internally.

Does Cincinnati show that?

Best of luck to the Bengals, I have been a huge Marvin Lewis fan for many years. I have nothing against their team or their fans (personally, I hate Baltimore for many more reasons than just its team), I just hope they can get into a rivalry without the backdrop. Ocho Cinco is a clown, but I have nothing against him. Carson Palmer hates Pittsburgh, and I think that's great. I'd rather it be just about football, and I suppose that's up to the players.

Don't hold Steelers fans to a higher standard because you hate their team.

Nope, sorry chumly, but as the self-appointed voice of "decent" fans of the NFL, you don't get to go there. Let's see, you come here, insult all of bengal fandom for supporting our team when they get in trouble with the law -- but then insist that fans of Pitt and other teams not be held to a higher standard? So where do you get off preaching to us? Oh, right, you're just a troll.

As for the Steelers' record versus the Bengals: nice try at changing the subject, but no one here was bashing the Steelers or crowing about the Bengals record. No, lets stick to your original point about "decent fans." So, let's see, we have established that Cincy fans aren't decent fans, right? And I suppose your experience in Jacksonville shows Jags fans don't qualify. And we can't hold Pitt fans to a higher standard...hmmmm.

Well, one thing is clear: even you dont know what the h*ll you're talking about.

Boy, if these recent posts by the Urine fans doesn't once again provide foundation for my long-standing claims of the 'holier-than-thou' attitude of Urine fans, I don't know what does. Year by year, day by day, they show the nation how hypocritical, obnoxious, and arrogant they are. Trust me, the HUGE majority of non-Urine fans are now seeing this for what it is. It's about time.

And yes, the Steelers fans who actually threatened the lady who's car Ben wrongfully ran into were completely wrong (far worse than what Santonio did). But Cincinnati fans showed genuine class in calling for the life of Kimo VonOelhoffen. Let's at least agree on that; fans can be terrible anywhere you go.

You bring up a very good point about Cincinnati perhaps shouldering a bit too much of what is clearly a league problem (if Cincy is example 1, San Diego right now is 1A). It was more or less an appeal for the fans to speak up to their respective owners in regards to the behavior that exists throughout the league - the Steelers included. However, the Steelers franchise has a track record for not dealing with players of this nature. It doesn't seem to me your coach and ownership have much of a problem bringing in these types of players, which is understandable to a point. The issue lies more in what's obviously a lack of desire to show any real discipline internally.

Does Cincinnati show that?

You may have noticed that our Coach has done the same things to bring our players in line that yours did. Marvin benched Henry for a game he was eligible to play. Odell has been all but cut from the team and you can bet Marvin was the one calling for that. Yes Cincy gives players with bad track records a chance, but if they keep doing stupid crap they get benched or kicked off the team just like Odell, Henry and McNeal. As you've shown with your post, a lot of these sorts of charges are also blown way out of porportion by the media. Just look at the Deltha DUI thread and you'll see what I mean.

As to the DUI's in question, how many pro players do you think are doing it on every team in the league? These DUI arrests the Bengals have had are hardly out of the ordinary. That does not mean that we should marginalize them but as you said, Cincy is getting a bad rap for something that is league wide. I would say steroids use is by far worse than a .10 blood alchohol level (I'm willing to bed 1 out of 4 drivers on any given saturday/sunday morning are rolling with at least that.)

Back to the important business at hand....

Baltimore (10-3) beat KC (7-6) 20-10. Two game lead in the AFC North over the Bengals with three to play

Indianapolis (10-3) loses at Jacksonville (8-5) 44-17. Bengals travel to Indy next Monday. If Jets and Denver lose, Jacksonville moves into the second WC spot.

Miami (6-7) upsets New England (9-4), 21-0. Miami trying to get back into things.

Cincinnati (8-5) handled Oakland (2-11) 27-10. Bengals still hold the top wild card spot in the AFC.

San Diego (10-2) is leading Denver (7-5) 7-0 in the first quarter. Denver Loss would help the Bengals

Buffalo (5-7) is beating the Jets (7-5) 7-0 in the first quarter. Jets loss would knock them out of the second wild card spot and put Jacksonville in (if Denver losses too).

Man our hard stretch is looking preatty easy now....Stillers are the game I fear most that is left.

Ditto. I think we can afford to lose one against the Colts or Broncos, but it looks like we'll have to fight for that spot come week 17... Not that that should surprise anyone.

It kills me that 10-6 might not make a WC spot in the AFC but 8-8 might get you there in the NFC. No division leaders in the NFC are better than 8-4 except the Bears but there is not one 8-4 divsion leader in the AFC. (Looks like the Seahawks are going to be 8-5 too.)

TD Bills. 74 yard pass play from Losman. 14-10 Buffalo.

Penny throws a pick 6. 21-10 Bills

TD Gates. Chargers are just rolling over Denver. They showed Cutler on the sideline after the TD catch and he was just standing there, arms crossed, with this massively p*ssed off look on his face. Yeah, Jay, welcome to the NFL. :lol:

TD Bills. 74 yard pass play from Losman. 14-10 Buffalo.

Penny throws a pick 6. 21-10 Bills

TD Gates. Chargers are just rolling over Denver. They showed Cutler on the sideline after the TD catch and he was just standing there, arms crossed, with this massively p*ssed off look on his face. Yeah, Jay, welcome to the NFL. :lol:

Things are looking good ofr us. I expected Denver to fall but Denver, KC and the Jets losing will be just great for us. As long as we take care of business, we are going to see our playoff run.

ON the other hand, with all of them losing, they might let the Steelers back into contention. Would make our last game of the year very interesting if we are both playing for playoff hopes. Who better to send the Steelers home than us?