Eric Henderson

volcom69

Has he even played in any games yet this year, ive not noticed him at all. With Smith in his last year B. Rob who cant get a pass rush non the less no one can get a pass rush why not put him in on some plays and lets see what some young guys can do. I thought in the pre-season he looked pretty good. To me its worth a shot to see what happens whats the worst that can he wont get to the qb like the rest of the d-line and if he is good then we can at least say we have someone who can replace one of our guys. What do u guys think about playing him for some plays.

He's a practice squad player. To get him in the game, they have to make a roster spot for him by de-activating someone else...wont happen.....the only reason you're even hearing anything about him, is because Marvin does something that should be respected and shows what kind of "person" he is, and that is he allows the practice squad players to travel with the team IF they are playing in the players' home town. Practice squad players around the League NEVER travel to games...there's no reason for them too.. Marvin should be admired for doing something like that, as few coaches will.

By the way, Nate Livings(practice squad), Bennie Brazzell(injured), Greg Brooks (injured) are also making the trip to their hometowns...usually those players dont travel with the team either.

Way to go Marvin......nice gesture :thumbsup:

I brought this idea up in another thread, and I bring it back up here.

This is what I would do if I was coach.(And I'm sure you all are glad I'm not)

IF, and I would like to reiterate IF, the playoffs beome a pipe dream, I'd like to see what we've got with some of these younger players, so i have a plan come FA and draft time. Hell, I wasn't even hardly aware Bryan Robinson was even playing, because I can't recall 1 single takcle he's made. Get Fanene, Peko, perhaps Henderson too, some important playing time just to see if any of these guys could be an answer.

If any of them are, it might allow you to let B-rob, Thornton, and maybe even J Smith to walk or cut. That in turn, might free up some space to get someone in FA or draft based on BPA instead of need.

Now, this scenario only is applicable if we're out of the playoff race, but if that becomes true, find out what you have for next year.

He played preseason and looked avg vs 3rd stringers

He only looked average when playing at his non-natural position of DT....and for whatever reason, they put him at DT a LOT.

He is a pure DE.

Actually, hes a pure backup/practice squad guy whos probly not good enough to play in the NFL. They were moving him around hoping he could stand out at any position to make himself worth a damn. He failed.

I diden't see anything special when he was on the outside.

....and I did see something special.

Mind you, DPM also said (several times) that Ben Wilkerson would never make it on to the team.....this well prior to the recent 4 year contract, naturally

lol congrats, he made the team nearly 2 years later, most of you guys had him penciled in as the starter this year... if you actually read my posts though, i said many times that at best he will be a versitile backup, hes getting his chance to do that now

and i wouldnt make much of the 4 year contract, signing him to anything less would be stupid, the signing bonus is probly so small that cutting him would be insignificant regaurdless of the length of the deal

while we are bringing old things up, didnt you say henderson was better than peko? and that henderson wouldnt even make it to the practice squad?

and what did you see that was "special"? it looks like you were the only one who saw it, did you catch a shot of his ass that you really liked or something? he certainly didnt show that from a football standpoint hes anything special

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons pluck Henderson. But it doesn't look like he's got a shot to play for the Bengals this year now that Fanene is back and the injury problems at other positions have dictated practice squad and street free agent moves. It would take 2 injuries at DE before he could get activated.