New Orleans Game

BengalByTheBay

It occurs to me that a ball control/running attack is the way to get after the Saints right now. They surrendered over 200 yds a a couple 70+ runs to Pitt. Any chance we try to get a better handle on the run game this week. If nothing else, I would hope to get us in fewer 3rd & longs and control the clock a little better to protect this defense. I know we were able to throw at will on SD, which has one of the best defenses in the league, but we will be on the road and it would be nice to be able to pound the ball like we haven't done in more than a month. It looks to me that this would be the best game plan and would set up the play action.

Honestly, I just don't see you guys winning right now. . not with the state of the organization. If, however, you can find someway to get after Brees, and if you can halfway cover Colston (we couldn't at all) then you can steal one here. Hopefully for you, Marvin has some new scheme that Brees hasn't seen before, otherwise it could be a long day.

Honestly, I just don't see you guys winning right now. . not with the state of the organization. If, however, you can find someway to get after Brees, and if you can halfway cover Colston (we couldn't at all) then you can steal one here. Hopefully for you, Marvin has some new scheme that Brees hasn't seen before, otherwise it could be a long day.

New Orleans is explosive, but they are not as explosive as San Diego. San Diego is really good out of the no huddle, they sped up the game and the defense couldn't adjust. Rivers can make all the throws, Brees can not. Brees is still a great QB though. New Orleans will not be able to stop the Bengals. While going over the top was important in the SD game, it should be scaled back for this bit. This is a game to pound the football right at them. Time consuming drives, the best way to help your defense is to keep it off the field. A team doesn't score 35 points in 15 minutes on you, if your offense is sustaining drives and keeping the D off the field. The Bengals didn't sustain any drives in the 3rd quarter and let the Chargers score too quick. The defense from the NO is pretty simple, and the Bengals should be able to exploit them. The Bengals should be able to generate pass rush every game but they don't, so I won't expect them to in this game.

The true key to this game will be special teams, the Bengals can not let the Saints have explosive returns. Michael the beer man Lewis and Reggie Bush are too fast for the Bengals coverage teams if they don't stay disciplined. Shayne Graham must improve his kick offs and Kyle Larson shouldn't see the field much.

Matchup Problems, where do we begin, Colston will be tough for any of the Bengals to defend, as will Horn if he plays. Terrence Copper/ Devery Henderson are the other receivers, just in case someone wants to pull a Malcolm Floyd. Bush will cause problems out of the backfield, the D is going to have to tackle, the Saints run a lot of slot screens and plays to get Bush the ball. Madieu should be on alert when it comes to Reggie. One relief for the Bengals is the Saints don't use their TE's much Campbell and Conwell have a combined 18 catches, and they really don't stretch the field.

I would blitz and keep blitzing in this game. Make Brees feel uncomfortable, he is smallish and you have to collapse the pocket on him from the middle. The LB's should be free to make plays in this game, but who knows if they will.

The offense should continue to roll, the defense matches up a little better than last week (not much).

Keys to the game: Sustain Drives, Jump out Early, Limit the Saints on Special Teams, Get off the field on 3rd and long, tackle in space.

Easier said than done, but it is a winnable game on the road.

If the Bengals can jump out early like they did against the Chargers, this'll be a W. I'm sure many people's confidence in that is shaken for obvious reasons, but I don't see the Bengals surrendering any leads like that two straight weeks.

The Saints are very formidable on offense though, so they may very well be able to keep pace. I think this one will be a 31-27 type game... Plenty of points, but not the rediculous basketball game kind of thing we just witnessed.

Another friggin' shootout. <_<

This game is going to kill us. They have a better offense and a better defense. This won't be as frustrating as last week, but if the Bengals can for the 1st time of the year play well on offense and defense. They win. I'm flustered.

Man we are all frustrated. We need something to spark us...... Maybe it was this loss.

I suggest which ever half we have to kick off we do a surprise onsides Kick!!!! :cheers: The way our D is playing, It might not matter, if the Saints recover.

Agree or Disagree??

Pass rush...again. :(

Pass protection....again.

It's been proven too many times that if this team can protect Palmer the offense can score points on anyone. But fail to protect him and this team is fully capable of wasting a good defensive effort while losing to the likes of a Bruce Gradkowski led Tampa Bay team.

Protect Palmer and the deep pass miraculously returns to the Bengals offense. That leads to a passing attack that succeeds in all areas, and that sets up the running game that the Bengals know they have to have, but won't feature because it's not really a part of their true identity.

Yup, protect Palmer and throw the ball all around the yard all game long, because that's the true identity of this team, and everything else is......everything else.

Thanks for being the fly on the wall in the Bengals locker room. State of the organization???

The key to this game is to f**king WIN!

Win this week and there is still a chance that we can pull out a wild card.

I don't give a good *** damn how it gets done, just f**king WIN!

Hell yeah, I dont care what we do to win. i dont care if we have to kick players in the balls on pile ups as long as we win somehow!!!!!!!!!

It's been proven too many times that if this team can protect Palmer the offense can score points on anyone. But fail to protect him and this team is fully capable of wasting a good defensive effort while losing to the likes of a Bruce Gradkowski led Tampa Bay team.

Protect Palmer and the deep pass miraculously returns to the Bengals offense. That leads to a passing attack that succeeds in all areas, and that sets up the running game that the Bengals know they have to have, but won't feature because it's not really a part of their true identity.

Yup, protect Palmer and throw the ball all around the yard all game long, because that's the true identity of this team, and everything else is......everything else.

The pass protection was so good vs. the Bolts that it looked like they had a team of Justin Smith's :lmao: I just watched the replay and lord he had no chance again of getting anywhere near Rivers and it wasn't like he was getting doubled. He made Marcus McNeill look like the 2nd coming of Johnathan Ogden. Course he weren't alone in what was the latest episode of hapless pass rush. :wacko:

Bengals pass protection was good except for 1 play....Why they're taking a deep drop with a 3 pt. lead early in the 4th from their own 20 has to come under some scurtiny, especially when they've got JJ trying to block Shaun Phillips solo in space. End result was a Carson fumble and a 42-38 Bolts lead the very next play.

On the bright side, speaking of the pass protection, Rudi is knocking the crud out of blitzers with far greater regularity than I can remember. The more I see the more I'm for keeping him on the field the whole time on offense. Keep him on the field and work his 25 pops in along with a few swings, screens and dump offs and he'll make the Saints D look like fools.

The pass protection was so good vs. the Bolts that it looked like they had a team of Justin Smith's :lmao: I just watched the replay and lord he had no chance again of getting anywhere near Rivers and it wasn't like he was getting doubled. He made Marcus McNeill look like the 2nd coming of Johnathan Ogden. Course he weren't alone in what was the latest episode of hapless pass rush. :wacko:

Bengals pass protection was good except for 1 play....Why they're taking a deep drop with a 3 pt. lead early in the 4th from their own 20 has to come under some scurtiny, especially when they've got JJ trying to block Shaun Phillips solo in space. End result was a Carson fumble and a 42-38 Bolts lead the very next play.

On the bright side, speaking of the pass protection, Rudi is knocking the crud out of blitzers with far greater regularity than I can remember. The more I see the more I'm for keeping him on the field the whole time on offense. Keep him on the field and work his 25 pops in along with a few swings, screens and dump offs and he'll make the Saints D look like fools.

I expect another standstill performance from Justin this game, the Saints have been playing well on the line and they should be able to contain him fairly easily.