Replacements for Bresh?

Spor_tees

Personally I think the Bengals need to bring new meat. A guy that has not been a head coach or a Defensive Coord. in the NFL already. One guy that has openned a lot of eyes this year in the college ranks is Schiano the Head coach for Rutgers. They have had an awesome fast moving defense in the Big East. He can also adapt at half time which was shown mastefully during the Loiusville game. Some other guys I wouldn't mind seeing include, Ohio State Defensive Coord. Jim Heacock, Fresno States Head Coach Pat Hill, and of course the guys we won't get like Georgia's Head Coach and Iowa's Head Coach.

The main point is we need someone knew with some new ideas!

Personally I think the Bengals need to bring new meat. A guy that has not been a head coach or a Defensive Coord. in the NFL already. One guy that has openned a lot of eyes this year in the college ranks is Schiano the Head coach for Rutgers. They have had an awesome fast moving defense in the Big East. He can also adapt at half time which was shown mastefully during the Loiusville game. Some other guys I wouldn't mind seeing include, Ohio State Defensive Coord. Jim Heacock, Fresno States Head Coach Pat Hill, and of course the guys we won't get like Georgia's Head Coach and Iowa's Head Coach.

First things first, Schiano would not leave Rutgers to become defensive coordinator for the Bengals. Second, Mark Richt from Georgia and Kirk Ferentz from Iowa are offensive coaches and would not leave their jobs to coordinate the Bengals. The Bengals best shot at landing a d-coordinator would be to pluck someone off of a successful staff i.e. Ravens, Bears, etc. 2nd option would be a retread, who doesn't have a job right now, I can't think of any names right now. But I doubt Marvin will fire Chuck.

First things first, Schiano would not leave Rutgers to become defensive coordinator for the Bengals. Second, Mark Richt from Georgia and Kirk Ferentz from Iowa are offensive coaches and would not leave their jobs to coordinate the Bengals. The Bengals best shot at landing a d-coordinator would be to pluck someone off of a successful staff i.e. Ravens, Bears, etc. 2nd option would be a retread, who doesn't have a job right now, I can't think of any names right now. But I doubt Marvin will fire Chuck.

I think Richt has been a pretty good Defensive coach...besides what would it be to add another Georgia Bulldog to the Bengals :))

I think Richt has been a pretty good Defensive coach...besides what would it be to add another Georgia Bulldog to the Bengals :))

Richt was a college backup QB to Jim Kelly and FSU's offensive coordinator before he got the UGA head coaching job.

Richt was a college backup QB to Jim Kelly and FSU's offensive coordinator before he got the UGA head coaching job.

How about Tab Perry?

Q: Who would I like to see as the new D-Coordinator?

A: Anyone who brings new defensive players with them !!!

Unfortunately, I doubt they will get rid of Bres, all of the injuries on defense may have bought him 1 more year....

AND MOST OF ALL.....I doubt they will Fire Bres this soon because Marvin doesnt like to admit mistakes (and really, there havent been that many) but he ALREADY FIRED LESLIE FRAZIER AFTER 1 SEASON AND ADMITTED THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE HIRING HIM N THE FIRST PLACE, I DONT THINK HE WILL PULL THE TRIGGER ON BRES QUITE YET, UNFORTUNATELY, I REALLY DONT THINK BRES IS GOING ANYWHERE.....

I would like to see the Bengals give Jerry Gray a call. He is the defensive assistant/secondary coach with the Redskins. Gray had some really good defenses in Buffalo, except last season when they were very injured. He may be someone to look at.

Gray would not be a bad choice. I suspect that there will be a turnover of the Gibbs staff after this season anyway.

Gregg Williams will probably quit the Redskins after the end of this season. He has been doing it with mirrors there.... has done pretty well with very below average talent.

I would like to see the Bengals give Jerry Gray a call. He is the defensive assistant/secondary coach with the Redskins. Gray had some really good defenses in Buffalo, except last season when they were very injured. He may be someone to look at.

Gray would not be a bad choice. I suspect that there will be a turnover of the Gibbs staff after this season anyway.

Gregg Williams will probably quit the Redskins after the end of this season. He has been doing it with mirrors there.... has done pretty well with very below average talent.

I would like to see how much turnover there is in the off season with D-coordinators. I know one thing, if the d keeps giving up points/yards like drinking water, then Marvin would be hard pressed to justify bringing back Chucky.

The Bengals do have some talent on defense, that is obvious to me and the fans, they need to be put in better positions to succeed.

Call Jerry Gray and cut Keiwan

My problem with Bres is the lack of creativity in the schemes, the lack of adjustments and the lack of overall knowledge of what the opposing offense is trying to attack. It seems like the Bengals will stop the run, but get gashed by passing, or the other way around. The Bengals play entirely too much zone for me, and can't get off the field on 3rd down. His defense does not adjust to the players that he has on the field and does not take advantage of their strengths.

He is just not a good Defensive Coordinator and he never was.

AND MOST OF ALL.....I doubt they will Fire Bres this soon because Marvin doesnt like to admit mistakes

Depends if they think chuck can improve.He was suppossed to improve over frazier and hes only gotten worse each year.

If he doesn't there will prob be an uprising...

42 points in the seocnd half is UNACCEPTABLE

My problem with Bres is the lack of creativity in the schemes, the lack of adjustments and the lack of overall knowledge of what the opposing offense is trying to attack. It seems like the Bengals will stop the run, but get gashed by passing, or the other way around. The Bengals play entirely too much zone for me, and can't get off the field on 3rd down. His defense does not adjust to the players that he has on the field and does not take advantage of their strengths.

take advantage of their strengths? what strengths? we need HEALTHY players, and some new blood on the defensive side of the ball. Bresnahan obviously isnt very good at making in-game adjustments, but honestly, with the injury-plagued defense, and all the inexperienced LB's, i understand him wanting to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are going to lose anyways, WHY NOT TAKE MORE CHANCES....HE NEEDED TO LET THE CB'S PLAY MAN COVERAGE AND BLITZ THE SAFTIES MORE....AND FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD, HAVE AHMAD BROOKS RUSH THE PASSER....USE HIM, ITS NOT LIKE HE WAS TACKLING ANYBODY TODAY(3 TACKLES) WHY NOT RUSH HIM INSTEAD?

take advantage of their strengths? what strengths? we need HEALTHY players, and some new blood on the defensive side of the ball. Bresnahan obviously isnt very good at making in-game adjustments, but honestly, with the injury-plagued defense, and all the inexperienced LB's, i understand him wanting to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are going to lose anyways, WHY NOT TAKE MORE CHANCES....HE NEEDED TO LET THE CB'S PLAY MAN COVERAGE AND BLITZ THE SAFTIES MORE....AND FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD, HAVE AHMAD BROOKS RUSH THE PASSER....USE HIM, ITS NOT LIKE HE WAS TACKLING ANYBODY TODAY(3 TACKLES) WHY NOT RUSH HIM INSTEAD?

Sure, you need talent, but I believe the Bengals have enough talent on that side of the ball to contend for at least top 20 in the league. Hell Cleveland didn't get gashed against SD/ATL the way the Bengals did. You start Deltha and JJ, they are strongest in man coverage. Your safeties seem to be better over the top, yet the put Madieu in zone coverage alot. His players take poor angles to ball carriers. His DE's line up to wide and allow themselves to be pushed out of the way opening up big running lanes. He drops his best pass rushers (not saying much) into coverage on passing downs. The Bengals almost never collapse the pocket from inside. I could go on and on, but he is Chuck B. just isn't very good, and he wasn't in Oakland either.

Possible replacments include:

1. The Geico gekko

2. Michael Jackson's former chimp Mr. Bubbles

3. Alf

4. The Swiss Miss girl

Any would be preferable at this point.

You forgot PeeWee Herman, Kermit the Frog and Gary Coleman.

1. Michael Singletary

2. Jerry Grey

Those sound like two great candidates.

AND MOST OF ALL.....I doubt they will Fire Bres this soon because Marvin doesnt like to admit mistakes

Depends if they think chuck can improve.He was suppossed to improve over frazier and hes only gotten worse each year.

At some point the focus will then be on Marvin. I agree that losing 4 linebackers for all or most of the season hasn't helped but I haven't seen too much of an improvement in the pass rushing from the front four over last year. I know that sacks are up but they still are unable to consistently pressure the QB.

The only guy on the starting defense from the old regime is Justin Smith while the rest were all brought in by Marvin. So somebody's got to provide answers/solutions or he risks losing some of the fanbase that has bought in to what he has been doing. We've been down this road too many times before.

The bad news is that, as we're more than halfway through the season, no changes will happen right now or the rest of the season. I personally believe that it's more the players than the scheme or play calling. The players have been consistently out-of-position, not getting to the QB on blitzes, not manning their gaps and the worst of all of those, missing tackles. They could have Vince Lombardi at Defensvie coordinator, but he can't help Geathers tackle Tomlinson in the backfiled for a loss on third down (maybe nothing could prevent that from happening).

If they are for a change this year, I think it would be to promote Kevin Coyle to coordinator, although that may surprise some. He's done more with less than any other coach here in recent memory. He has turned to Denver rejects (James and O'Neal) to Pro-Bowlers and for the most part, has improved his position more than any other coach outside of Darrin Simmons on the team. Watch how he turns Joseph into the next Chris McAllister in the next 2 years for further evidence of that, if he's still here. What he can't prevent is players missing tackles or the Defense not pressuring the QB. If you give any NFL Quarterback 5-6 seconds to pass (I counted to 10 against Vick), HE WILL KILL YOU. Smith and Geathers have great sack numbers, but how many of those have been impactful??

Oh yeah, someone mentioned Indy, who's secondary coach (Including Jackson, Doss, Sanders and David), is our former Defensive Coordinator in Leslie Frazier. Who's their Defensvie Coordinator, you say??? Ron Meeks, former Bengals Secondary Coach. Irony at it's best.