What music have you been listening to lately?

BengalszoneBilly

Broke out some classic rock with Bostons Greatest Hits. Those Beantown boys can ROCK!

The classics never go out of style. :sure:

Maybe it's the move to the state o' corn but for some reason I've been getting into country lately. Which is weird since I'm basically an R&B/metalhead type with a weakness for all-girl pop groups...but anyhow I tripped over Brad Paisley's "Ticks" a few weeks back and practically wet myself laughing. Then a couple days ago I stumbled across "Online," which may as well be the only song on my iPod right now. If you can afford $2 there's a couple of songs worth a download.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke out some classic rock with Bostons Greatest Hits. Those Beantown boys can ROCK!

The classics never go out of style. :sure:

Maybe it's the move to the state o' corn but for some reason I've been getting into country lately. Which is weird since I'm basically an R&B/metalhead type with a weakness for all-girl pop groups...but anyhow I tripped over Brad Paisley's "Ticks" a few weeks back and practically wet myself laughing. Then a couple days ago I stumbled across "Online," which may as well be the only song on my iPod right now. If you can afford $2 there's a couple of songs worth a download.

HoosierCat listening to country!?! :o What's next, Skyline and Kirkendall listening to country too? :P

After watching them perform on the LiveEarth concert I recently purchased two Jon Butler Trio CD's. IMHO both are really uneven pieces of work featuring mostly marginal songs filling the space between a few exceptional songs.

And it probably doesn't help matters that I got a much deserved speeding ticket while mindlessly grooving to "Funky Tonight".

• 2 weeks later...

I love listening to country music! Growing up all I listened to was "rock". I thought I would never listen to anything other than rock, but I was wrong,

Last 18 years all I have played is country music. Thank God for country! My absolute favorite singer is ALAN JACKSON.

Here is a list of some country I love: 1) Alan Jackson, 2) Sugarland, 3) Terri Clark, 4) Montgomery Gentry, 5) Neal McCoy, 6) Lonestar, 7) Rodney Atkins, 8) Keith Urban, 9) Carrie Underwood, 10) Little Big Town, 11) Toby Keith, 12) Rascal Flatts, 13) Josh Turner, 14) Craig Morgan, 15) Trace Adkins and many, many, many more.

This list of singers and groups give you an idea of what kind of music I llisten to everyday! COUNTRY ROCKS!

I love listening to country music! Growing up all I listened to was "rock". I thought I would never listen to anything other than rock, but I was wrong,

Last 18 years all I have played is country music. Thank God for country! My absolute favorite singer is ALAN JACKSON.

Here is a list of some country I love: 1) Alan Jackson, 2) Sugarland, 3) Terri Clark, 4) Montgomery Gentry, 5) Neal McCoy, 6) Lonestar, 7) Rodney Atkins, 8) Keith Urban, 9) Carrie Underwood, 10) Little Big Town, 11) Toby Keith, 12) Rascal Flatts, 13) Josh Turner, 14) Craig Morgan, 15) Trace Adkins and many, many, many more.

This list of singers and groups give you an idea of what kind of music I llisten to everyday! COUNTRY ROCKS!

I'll concur with that list, especially Montgomery Gentry and Toby Keith, but sans Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts. Keiths song "Weed with Willie" is fantastic!

Billy, that avatar is killing us guys that work in an office. I can't read any of your posts because I have to scroll right past them, lol. Nice though.

It's due for a change anyway. Tomarrow it will be different. I could just sit and watch her bounce those perfect, hypnotic orbs all day long though!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a Bob Dylan kick lately.

He just played two shows here in town at Ryman Auditorium. For those that don't know anything about the venue, it's pretty much the greatest place to see a show on earth :P

Mid-show, Jack White came out as a surprise guest and sang a Dylan song that has never been performed live in over 40 years of touring. Pretty amazing stuff for a hardcore fan such as myself.

Elvis Costello even did a surprise opening act, which was pretty cool. I know very little of his music, but enjoyed the set. After all...what's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understaaaaaaaaanding?

I've been on a Bob Dylan kick lately.

Hey Bob Dylan is my "neighbour" (this is true!)

Well, he and his brother bought a house/hotel just a few miles away (4 or 5 miles I guess). Although I don't think he ever stays there - it's run as a place for higher class wedding functions etc.

My beer drinking buddy is Bob Dylans postman! Hey - how many of you guys can claim THAT? (not that you'd want too)

• 2 months later...

I picked up the Eagles new double CD release "Long Road Out Of Eden" last night, and now can't bring myself to take them out of my CD player. This recording truly harkens back to their hey day, and I highly recommend it to any Eagles fans out there! :sure:

EEOE.jpg

We made the 3 hour trip to Kandahar last week and went into their PX (Post Exchange) and while looking at the CD's they had, I found the new Zeppelin "Mothership" double CD set mispriced at $9.95... Needless to say, that is what I have been listening to the most lately.

Oh yeah, for all the hype I've heard about the Kings of Leon, I thought they sucked !!! That guys voice is enough to make you want to go kick an old lady !!!

WHODEY !!!

We made the 3 hour trip to Kandahar last week and went into their PX (Post Exchange) and while looking at the CD's they had, I found the new Zeppelin "Mothership" double CD set mispriced at $9.95.

I don't think it was mispriced. I think classic rock bands have reduced the price of their music. Compared to all else available today, that's a double bargain!! B)