What music have you been listening to lately?

BengalszoneBilly

I picked up the self titled CD by Daughtry (the American Idol 4th place finisher last season) and find it to be the best thing to EVER come out of that TV show. Definitely worth a listen. BTW, "Slash" from Guns and Roses makes a guest appearance on one of the tracks. That boy can still tear it up!

chris-daughtry-large.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm too young to be sick of generic classic rock. I've been binging on Led Zeppelin for the last few weeks.

Well if you've had a steady diet of it as I've had from the '70's, you're ready for a change. Don't get me wrong...I love Zep, just not so often anymore. B)

Took the biggest of the little Scottishes to see Wednesday 13 in Inverness last night - great gig. The sound was superb and the band put on a really good show.

One of the support bands, "McQueen", were fantastic - a female 4 piece with plenty of attitude and a really dirty, powerful, gritty sound. Worth checking out if you like that kind of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

As most folks here know, I love Bluegrass (I play 5-string Banjo and Guitar) and I love Van Halen. Well know I have both on one CD! I know it sounds rediculous, but with the great musicians playing, it really does work! It's called "Strummin' With The Devil." ^_^

swtddh0.jpg

• 1 month later...
I play 5-string Banjo and Guitar

At the same time?? :lol:

I play 5-string Banjo and Guitar

At the same time?? :lol:

Truthfully I have done both at once many times with a friend of mine who also played both instuments. I used my right hand to finger pick an open "G" chord on my Banjo while holding the neck of his guitar in my left while he strummed it. Then we'd swap instuments and do it again in the same song. It was a popular part of our bands act.

I've found that a nice mix of the real heavy stuff and some country balance me out pretty well over here. Lately it's been a lot of Pantera and Megadeth followed by some Gary Allen. Sounds strange, but like I said, it's a nice balance... Honestly, there is so much music between the guys on the team, there is a huge range of music always playing...

WHODEY !!!

I've found that a nice mix of the real heavy stuff and some country balance me out pretty well over here. Lately it's been a lot of Pantera and Megadeth followed by some Gary Allen. Sounds strange, but like I said, it's a nice balance... Honestly, there is so much music between the guys on the team, there is a huge range of music always playing...

WHODEY !!!

It's not that strange. I have a burned CD with Slayer and Patsy Cline on it.

I have a burned CD with Slayer and Patsy Cline on it.

All Patsy Cline CD's should be burnt, and Patsy should be burnt at the stake!

Toxic Reasons - Bullets For You

Conflict - The Ungovernable Force

Abrashive Wheels - When The Punks Go Marching In

I LOVE PUNK ROCK, ME. :excitedgroup:

I have a burned CD with Slayer and Patsy Cline on it.

All Patsy Cline CD's should be burnt, and Patsy should be burnt at the stake!

Toxic Reasons - Bullets For You

Conflict - The Ungovernable Force

Abrashive Wheels - When The Punks Go Marching In

I LOVE PUNK ROCK, ME. :excitedgroup:

I believe that variety, both musically and sexually, is the spice of life!

I believe that variety, both musically and sexually, is the spice of life!

Well, as William Shakespeare said to mrs. Shakespeare :- if music be the food of love, then drop to your knee's and blow a tune out of this (ziiiiiiiiiiip - sound of fly being undone)

NOFX - Punk In Drublic. A classic album. :rockon:

• 1 month later...

I have been listening to and watching the video for a song from one of the greatest artists of our time.

R. Kelly's new song, "Same Girl."

It doesn't quite live up to "Trapped in the Closet," but it still has some of the best lyrics put to paper.

Wait a minute hold on dawg do she got a kid?

Yep

Love Some Waffle House?

Yep

Do she got a beauty mark on her left side of her mouth

Man?

Went to Georgia Tech

Yep

Works for TBS

Yep

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Murderdolls