What music have you been listening to lately?

BengalszoneBilly

I picked up a copy of Neil Young's greatest hits yesterday. Good CD...

I just finished reading "Shakey", a biography of Neil Young. Interesting stuff, he had polio as a child, which left him thin and weak. He's also epileptic, and suffered many grand mol seizures in his Buffalo Springfield days. "Tonight's The Night" was an epic album, and getting to read a lot of the details on how it was made was fascinating.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Listening to Nonpoint's new one "Miracle". Solid rock CD, which was produced by Chad Gray.

Also picked up Rush Chronicles, Tom Petty's Anthology, and Cypress Hill's new one which has some spots from Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine who I love), Pit Bull, Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park), and Everlast.

Sorry to keep bumping, but I like this thread...

I had no idea Cyprus Hill was even still around.

See another good reason to keep the thread going. Keeping people informed...

And to make another huge musical genre swing from Cypress Hill, Ratt has a new CD out as well.

That's just funny, but I heard it was actually a really good listen. If you like that type of music.

and Cypress Hill's new one which has some spots from Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine who I love), Pit Bull, Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park), and Everlast.

Picked up that CD about a month ago. Was looking forward to it since they hadn't come out with anything in about 5 or 6 years. Decent CD, but was expecting a little more.

and Cypress Hill's new one which has some spots from Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine who I love), Pit Bull, Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park), and Everlast.

Picked up that CD about a month ago. Was looking forward to it since they hadn't come out with anything in about 5 or 6 years. Decent CD, but was expecting a little more.

My buddy let me rip his copy and one thing holds true with Cypress Hill and that's, if you expect them to do the same thing they did on their last effort, you are already set up for disappointment. I agree with you, but it's still decent, as you said.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to anything "Dream Theater" they rock!!!!

I love Dream Theater. I've been on a big 80's Hard Rock/Metal kick lately.

Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus. IMO, it is the perfect 80's metal song.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8qDz7K1nbU

Scorpions - I'm Leaving You. Its a horribly corny video, but incredibly good at the same time.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OqRR6aQz6k

• 2 weeks later...

Joanna Newsom

Man that was amazing. Thanks for introducing her music to me.

You're quite welcome. I'm glad someone here took notice, it's rare that arbitrarily advertised music actually impacts anyone. She's released three albums to date and all of them are wonderful.