What music have you been listening to lately?

BengalszoneBilly

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been on a huge George Harrison kick lately. Here's a YouTube clip featuring George, with fellow Beatle Ring Starr, the legendary Eric Clapton, Elton John, Phil Collins, and Jeff Lynde. A virtual British rock fest!

I've been on a huge George Harrison kick lately. Here's a YouTube clip featuring George, with fellow Beatle Ring Starr, the legendary Eric Clapton, Elton John, Phil Collins, and Jeff Lynne. A virtual British rock fest!

Any idea when that video was taken? I am guessing late 80's.

Are you a fan of the Wilbury's then? I've been listening to their reissued CD set that came out last summer and also the various solo albums of the various members from that time period. Neat DVD in that set as well that shows clips and interviews from the making of the first album in 1988. Great stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5EyFKusNjSA&feature=related

I've been on a huge George Harrison kick lately. Here's a YouTube clip featuring George, with fellow Beatle Ring Starr, the legendary Eric Clapton, Elton John, Phil Collins, and Jeff Lynde. A virtual British rock fest!

Are you a fan of the Wilbury's then? I've been listening to their reissued CD set that came out last summer and also the various solo albums of the various members from that time period. Neat DVD in that set as well that shows clips and interviews from the making of the first album in 1988. Great stuff.

It was made in '92, and The Traveling Wilburys were damn good.

How about favorite albums/CDs?

Syncronicity-The Police

Brain Salad Surgery-Emerson Lake and Palmer

Van Halen I-Van Halen

Led Zeppelin II-Led Zeppelin

Journeyman-Eric Clapton

Gaucho-Steely Dan

Out of the Blue-ELO

The Stranger/52nd Street-Billy Joel

No Jacket Required-Phil Collins

Abacab-Genesis

Time Out-Dave Brubeck Quartet

Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1-Traveling Wilburys

Full Moon Fever-Tom Petty

Cloud 9-George Harrison

All Things Must Pass-George Harrison

Ram-Paul McCartney

Plastic Ono Band-John Lennon

Ringo-Ringo Starr

Achtung Baby-U2

Now and Zen-Robert Plant

Charlie Brown Christmas-Vince Guaraldi Trio

anything Beatles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, you've found a good CD (if you've listened to the Wilburys enough, that might be funny, or I might just be that corny)

I've been on a big Zepplin "Tangerine" and Dylan "Blood on the tracks" But that also has something to do with having so much s**t packed in my car for my final move, too

Congratulations, you've found a good CD (if you've listened to the Wilburys enough, that might be funny, or I might just be that corny)

I've been on a big Zepplin "Tangerine" and Dylan "Blood on the tracks" But that also has something to do with having so much s**t packed in my car for my final move, too

I've always been a big fan of Jeff Lynne and ELO and George Harrison so I've been into them since they got together.

After doing some digging it's amazing how many solo albums and side projects came out of that group during that time period. The song Free Falling is considered an all-timer by many but could have easily been a Wilbury's track since Lynne wrote it with Tom Petty with Lynne and Harrison on the song as well. Wonder how it would have been received if it was a Wilburys song and not a Petty "solo" tune.

Like the Tangerine reference too. One of my favorite Zep songs. Zep III is such an odd album but it seems to work when listened to as a whole.

Good luck on the move.

I just found this on YouTube, and it completely blew my mind! It's "Sweet Home Alabama", sung by a Russian band called the "Leningrad Cowboys", and backed up by the Russian Red Army Band and Choir!

You gotta see it to believe it: :lol:

I just found this on YouTube, and it completely blew my mind! It's "Sweet Home Alabama", sung by a Russian band called the "Leningrad Cowboys", and backed up by the Russian Red Army Band and Choir!

You gotta see it to believe it: :lol:

Bizarre. And that's an understatement. I sat there staring at that video with my mouth hanging open.

Wow, that Sweet Home Alabama thing is one of the weirdest performances I've ever seen. The name "Leningrad Cowboys" is funny enough by itself.

I'm assuming I'm the only one here who listens to hip-hop. Some recent listens for me:

Madvillain - Madvillainy

KMD - Mr. Hood / Black Bastards

Zion I - True & Livin' / Mind Over Matter

Murs - Murray's Revenge

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

Percee P - Perseverance

Madlib - Shades of Blue / Blunted in the Bomb Shelter

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing / The Private Press

EL-P - Fantastic Damage

De La Soul - Stakes is High

Dizzee Rascal - Maths & English

MF DOOM - Operation Doomsday / Mm... Food

King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader

Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain / Venomous Villain

I find myself, as I get older, going for the older, hard stuff, like GnR, Metallica, and newer stuff like Disturbed and Seether.

Myself, as well. Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite though....

as I get older going for the older, hard stuff, like GnR, Metallica,

Now GnR and Metallica should NEVER be used in the same sentance as Hard Rock.

My latest listening:-

Bastards - Motorhead

Kings & Queens - Anti Nowhere League

When The Punks Go Marching In - Abrashive Wheels

Ep-Lp - The Subhumans

The Ungovernable Force - Conflict

The Artful Splodger - Spolodgenessabounds

Older Than Your Dad - Hacksaw

20,000leagues Under The Severn Sea - The Surfin' Turnips

• 2 weeks later...
as I get older going for the older, hard stuff, like GnR, Metallica,

Now GnR and Metallica should NEVER be used in the same sentance as Hard Rock.

My latest listening:-

Bastards - Motorhead

Kings & Queens - Anti Nowhere League

When The Punks Go Marching In - Abrashive Wheels

Ep-Lp - The Subhumans

The Ungovernable Force - Conflict

The Artful Splodger - Spolodgenessabounds

Older Than Your Dad - Hacksaw

20,000leagues Under The Severn Sea - The Surfin' Turnips

Didn't say Hard Rock...said hard stuff. Besides, I consider GnR hard rock as opposed to metal. What part of Scotland you live in, anyway? I visited several towns in Scotland back in 2002.